Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

daniel farke looks like a guy ritchie character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm hootin and hollerin

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Disappointed in you, Cardiff

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ugh, go away, Leeds

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Aside from the two comedy defensive fuckups and the captain going off with an exploded knee I think we all know who the real winner was here today

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

phwoar

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol 13 minutes of stoppage in Sunderland-Ipswich

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
excited to find out how many more injuries this causes

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
league cup first round tonight. interesting results include

millwall (C) 0-4 (L1) reading
gillingham (L2) 3-1 (C) southampton
hull (C) 1-2 (L2) doncaster

in penalties:

crewe (L2) beat sunderland (C) 5-3
stevenage (L1) beat wateford (C) 4-3
salford (L2) beat PNE (C) 4-2

but most importantly sutton (L2) are loving massive (cambridge are L1)

https://twitter.com/suttonunited/status/1689019790206066689

e: somehow never occurred t ome to check for an efl cup thread lol im a dummy

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 9, 2023

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Football is back tonight. let the crimes commence

Color me shocked that the same defense who let in like 900 goals in the EPL got caught sleeping twice by a Cardiff side who aside from those two goals offered absolutely nothing going forward.

Leeds desperately needs some new defenders and maybe a striker or two. Selling Adams to Chelsea should help give us the FFP space to bring those players in.

Other than those two goals and having all of our strikers hurt I thought Leeds looked pretty good under Farke. Especially in the second half.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The only good thing about this season since Leicester is down is my wife's team, Sunderland, doing worse. Keep up the good work, Cats!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Boro finally beat a Neil Warnock team, huzzah

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cooper out for 8 weeks and Summerville out for 3. Lmao

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Shouting "NO THANK YOU" every time I see this on Twitter in the hope that The Fates hear how much I love Hamer and force him to stay https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1689165605763510272

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Dem Blades might be the next big EFL financial disaster even after this seasons windfall, and have gone for the "sell your top scorer, midfield general and don't replace any of the creativity you had on loan" approach to Premier League survival. If Leeds have got literally any money at all, he should probably go there. Or stay at Cov.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adrianics posted:

Shouting "NO THANK YOU" every time I see this on Twitter in the hope that The Fates hear how much I love Hamer and force him to stay https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1689165605763510272

The only Gus transfer I would approve of is if he heads to one of the Dutch big three, as there’s reports of him wanting to be closer to family plus European football.

But I’m with you, especially given that Blades nearly got bought by a Nigerian guy whose money was not exactly legitimate.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I just am not ready to let him go. He's an utter joy to have at the club, on and off the pitch :(

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Adrianics posted:

I just am not ready to let him go. He's an utter joy to have at the club, on and off the pitch :(

the way he dominated us over both legs of the play offs was unreal, personally I hope he goes far far away.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the way he dominated us over both legs of the play offs was unreal, personally I hope he goes far far away.

It kept surprising me that no team in the backend of last season had a gameplan of "murder Hamer's face", it was shocking the difference it made whenever he wasn't playing

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adrianics posted:

It kept surprising me that no team in the backend of last season had a gameplan of "murder Hamer's face", it was shocking the difference it made whenever he wasn't playing

If he didn’t roll his ankle we’d be having this discussion in the PL thread

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1689321145277849618

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

anyway Adrianics Hamer is in the starting XI for the Carling Cup tie tonight, hopefully that’s a sign he’s staying

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1689368726502625281

Woof

Boro were linked to a Danish LB and an striker from Atalanta today, seems like the LB deal is nearly done but the striker is not. Would fill our two biggest current areas of need.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I wish I was good at sports. Then I could walk out of a medical and not be fired or have my bumhole scavenged.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

anyway Adrianics Hamer is in the starting XI for the Carling Cup tie tonight, hopefully that’s a sign he’s staying

Could have played Chelsea :negative:

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Sad

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1689929924126093312

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

yeah, if last year really was THE chance to go up it’s extra gutting. especially since Luton are pretty openly using the PL money to build a new ground and will be at least ‘94 Swindon levels of bad.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

yeah, if last year really was THE chance to go up it’s extra gutting. especially since Luton are pretty openly using the PL money to build a new ground and will be at least ‘94 Swindon levels of bad.

Very much how this is starting to feel. I think last season was lightning in a bottle, a largely mediocre squad hauled kicking and screaming to the brink of glory almost entirely because of Hamer and Gyokeres, and if it was ever going to happen it was going be then. We're utter gash without Hamer and will probably get battered tomorrow :(

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Adrianics posted:

Very much how this is starting to feel. I think last season was lightning in a bottle, a largely mediocre squad hauled kicking and screaming to the brink of glory almost entirely because of Hamer and Gyokeres, and if it was ever going to happen it was going be then. We're utter gash without Hamer and will probably get battered tomorrow :(

Boro fans have spent the last month pretty much having the same freakouts about Archer/Ramsey/Giles/Akpom.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lol what a nightmare

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Middlespoo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That was unexpected

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

loving hell

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
League One for Middlesbrough

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

That was unexpected

From a Boro POV

It wasn't

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Birmingham are going to win this game and I'm going to be actually mad irl

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
ffs

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lol at the results today.

the championship is BACK baby

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A 4-4 draw is not good for my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
leeds are going down