Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Wednesday have just about cobbled together a matchday 18 over the last 10 days or so, and the accounts were poo poo-but-not-as-poo poo-as-feared, so I'm slightly more confident of finishing 21st rather than fully expecting 24th.

i tbhink with big di'shon and bambo competing for game time at the back we are going to be fine. not enthused about any of our forwards so it looks like bannan will be swirling in fks the whole time. imagine we will go down 5-0 to southampton tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Expected to get loving walloped so I’m not losing my poo poo about losing 2-1.

Some of the talent and ability in that Southampton team is silly for this level. When they got the ball down and started playing we couldn’t live with it. Looked every bit like a bunch of League One players meeting a Premier League team in The Championship. We’ll learn more about our prospects for the season in the next 2 games against Hull and Preston.

positive night for wednesday. if palmer doesnt switch off we draw that one. delgado looked decent and our strategy of scoring with big bad bastards from set pieces paid off

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
is there a transcript? cant listen to that voice for half a minute let alone half an hour

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
tbf to Chansiri (please use the approved rivals.com nomenclature Chancer-ee) he got us to successive championship playoffs. hes no businessman and no one, not even his 9yo son has told him theres no way to make a profit in football as an owner and that it's not a good idea to talk down the value of one's investment

if he had a brain he would have sold us the day we went back up and left DM as manager, not that DM is any good you understand, as our game against his new team proves, but at least that would have looked a bit like stability.

while curious to see if our untested german manager could survive in the 'ship, im more than happy to restart in the vanarama if that gets rid of the owner

tldr: ashley in

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Yep. I remember Danny breaking through at Everton so to see his son come through for us is definitely weird. He's part of our youth coaching setup and I believe both his sons are in our system. Bailey has been hitting the goals for a while at youth level but for him to come into the first team and make such a difference straight away is definitely a delightful surprise.

Gassama is from PSG and Musaba from Monaco, so there's a decent pedigree there that Rohl is actually getting a tune from. To have some young attacking talent contracted for multiple years is definitely a welcome change from any other time in the Chansiri era.

marvin johnson

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

I’m a match going fan, or at least a lapsed one. First went to Hillsborough in 1995 and have been to.. a few hundred I guess games since. I’ve done 56 of the 92 as an away fan.

Seen some stuff over that time but I think supporter behaviour in general has just become extremely tiresome. Today it’s some racist twat doing monkey gestures. Before it was the 2 clowns holding up the picture of Bradley Lowry. Beyond my club, we’re a week removed from a Coventry banner taunting a helicopter crash, which itself was about a week on from Millwall fans gesturing about the same thing. Then there’s all the usual grief chanting etc..

And every time you go it seems like half the fellas on the terraces are off their tits on marching powder. Especially the young lads.

I’ve got young kids now and it’s no sure thing that I’ll pass on going to games as a thing. I honestly don’t feel in a rush to take them. I’m just sick of it. It’s loving shameful some of the stuff that’s going on.

caling hte keeper fat; screaming abuse at the ref. making the wanker sign at a complete stranger are also not great. give me piped in crowd sfx any day tbh. must cost a fortune to police grounds. or deos it save it cause all the morons are in one place for the afternoon. makes you think

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Looks like I've avoided any grief but I have to ask - which bit of my post did you think I would get grief for?

The one bit I would like to clarify is that bringing up the Coventry banner and Millwall is not a deflection. I do think there are wider societal problems that are impacting football in this country further than just individual clubs - any of them - but that's not a deflection from my utter disgust at Wednesday specifically and how a section of our fans have behaved recently. At it again on Friday and I'm not really buying anything about it being a minority. This club hasn't made it easy to be a fan of for a long time but I've never been as utterly ashamed of it as I am at the minute.

Couldnt make the game so I get all my views from the bbc hys. the second highest voted one was this mythbuster:

Kasey Palmer covets controversy. He went looking for it last night after a perfectly ordinary Barry Bannan challenge. He knew what the reaction would be. He also got booked for a reckless tackle later on. Remove the racial narrative (of one person's stupid actions last week) and you're left with a football crowd booing a pantomime villain. Nothing to see here.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
another great escape for the sheffield hooters

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I still believe

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
and im hearing the owls have beaten the odds once again in another great escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray