Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It doesn't seem right that the season starts next week. Time has condensed, probably a climate change thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I wish I was good at sports. Then I could walk out of a medical and not be fired or have my bumhole scavenged.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This is probably going to be the greatest day in this thread.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I liked the bits in the Wrexham doc that were about the community and the less acknowledged parts of the team. Obviously nothing is "real" in these sorts of programmes, but I thought they were fairly honest about how grim things often are. That said, the people featured most often have probably gone on to become memes of some sort, and the episodes that focused almost exclusively on the owners were insufferable. I say that as an Always Sunny fan.

No one deserves to go to Stockport though.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Bumhead posted:

I’m a match going fan, or at least a lapsed one. First went to Hillsborough in 1995 and have been to.. a few hundred I guess games since. I’ve done 56 of the 92 as an away fan.

Seen some stuff over that time but I think supporter behaviour in general has just become extremely tiresome. Today it’s some racist twat doing monkey gestures. Before it was the 2 clowns holding up the picture of Bradley Lowry. Beyond my club, we’re a week removed from a Coventry banner taunting a helicopter crash, which itself was about a week on from Millwall fans gesturing about the same thing. Then there’s all the usual grief chanting etc..

And every time you go it seems like half the fellas on the terraces are off their tits on marching powder. Especially the young lads.

I’ve got young kids now and it’s no sure thing that I’ll pass on going to games as a thing. I honestly don’t feel in a rush to take them. I’m just sick of it. It’s loving shameful some of the stuff that’s going on.

You might get some grief for this post but I know where you're coming from and it's exactly why I'll probably never go to a league football match ever again. High-level sports in general have soured me tbh; I know it's not as bad as footy was in the 80s when the cash cow was limited and it was being denigrated on a governmental level for being a "working class entertainment", but there's just too much bollocks that gets accepted as being "all in good fun" when that's clearly not the intent.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Bumhead posted:

Looks like I've avoided any grief but I have to ask - which bit of my post did you think I would get grief for?

I just see a lot of your extremely valid points often papered over with things like "it's just bantz lol" when, even if that were a good excuse to begin with, it's blatantly not true. Not here in this forum necessarily but elsewhere/in general. I know I've been accused of "taking things too seriously" when trying to talk about this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just caught some of that game on a replay over lunch. I'm not even a Leeds fan and I think you were hard done by.