Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

things not looking well for the Venky's, 4 losses in a row

oh yeah and Wednesday finally sacked Xisco

Colin Wanker once literally said he'd sign a bunch of poo poo players, or play the poo poo ones we already have if that would do the trick and get us relegated, then laugh his way to retirement.

And if we hired him and he did exactly that, he'd still end being more successful than Xisco, so we should give him the job. Open sabotage could not be worse than the start Wednesday have had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd rather watch Wednesday go bust and dissolve into the annals of history than give Chansiri a penny because he's spat his tuna out and won't do his loving job.
We were a drizzling poo poo of a club before him, we'll be a drizzling poo poo of a club after him. gently caress off Dejphon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wednesday fans, as a collective, do have a pathological delusion that we're bigger than we actually are in 2023. We're arguably exactly where we should be as a club, table wise, right now imo.
The club absolutely does not deserve the dedication, passion and love our fans give them. It's some pure stockholm syndrome, sunk cost fallacy. We're never getting back to our glory days. I'll always be a Wednesday fan, even if we end up in a Wimbledon AFC with a spiritual successor club.
The blatant squeezing every penny out of the fans is disgraceful. It's clearly not going back into the club either.

The writing was on the wall for a bad year in the Championship from last year when we did almost anything we could to make sure we didn't get promoted, from squandering a nearly uncatchable lead for automatic in the table to giving Peterborough an almost uncatchable lead in the first leg of the playoffs.
Not keeping Moore was probably a bad move, but we also shouldn't pretend that he would have had us where Ipswich are right now, we'd have still been in the a relegation fight. Hiring Xisco was hall of fame level bad decision and Danny Rohl seems like he will be a good manager, though I wouldn't blame him for not seeing the red flags and bailing immediately. We finally get three points, in a derby no less, and our dipshit chairman immediately pulls the rug from under him by demanding the fans drop 2 mil, and making it about himself again. The fans have such a short memory that the 3 points would have shut up most of the "bad fans", as he calls them.

Any proper leadership would have seen that the Wednesday squad would have struggled without sensible and sizeable investment to make Championship survival a possibility and then a formality over 3 or 4 years before even thinking of playoffs.
The relegated teams from the Premier League being particularly strong this season also meant that the leagues arguably a bigger shark tank than ever, and Ipswich excelling is an exception in the extreme for newly promoted teams. We really ought to be laying plans for League One football next year now but I don't think we will be.

Chansiri wanted playoffs this year cos he's a dipshit. Now he's decided that he's just going to destroy the club because he's rightly being called out on being an egotistical clown in the habit of doing the exact opposite of what is right.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 1, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bumhead posted:

I think this a constantly evolving thing that depends on who you ask. Wednesday are a historic club, but "big clubs" don't spend over 2 decades outside the top division. We've also been left behind massively by the modern game in terms of structure and resources. Our neighbors are a handy analogy, unfortunately. I'd argue that we are a "bigger" club than United until I'm blue in the face, but their recent Premier League exposure, relative success compared to us over the last 20+ years, social media followings etc, make this a hard argument to win to any neutral or modern fan in all honesty. There's only so much weight that having a bigger trophy cabinet can carry, especially when all but 1 of them were won in the 1930's or earlier.

In my experience the aspiration amongst our fanbase now is just for some stability without making GBS threads ourselves every few years. I'm fine with The Championship and I think most are. I'd love for Wednesday to just be a consistent, stable presence in this division that with the right rub of the green and some capable planning can think about a decent play-off tilt. Essentially our aspiration right now is to be Middlesborough or Preston.

Under this chairman we're absolutely miles off that.

Yeah, I'd fully settle for it being a completely uneventful no success, no failure life as a supporter, rather than the constant abject misery and false hope we have now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

How the gently caress are Wednesday staying up

As Wednesday fans, we've all had a divine punishment to have the absolute most stressful, blood pressure raising season every year and there is nothing we can do to get off the wild ride.

I loving love it though. McKenna probably deserves manager of the season, but Rohl has done the rescue job of the century. We might have an awful job on keeping him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is only one German king of England and his name is Danny Rohl