Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

your friend sk posted:

the rules say explicitly that there have to be houses in the stock to buy them (no replacement pieces). so if you put four houses on all of your properties, you can prevent players from buying anything other than hotels. since you have to keep properties evenly spaced on a group it means you'd have to buy three hotels immediately which is too expensive to manage

sorry to necro but the post goldmine led me here

its worse than that, you can't buy a hotel unless you have 4 houses on each property in a completed color group (so you need to have built 8-12 houses before you can build your first hotel)

page 6

sorry it's jacked up it's ocr copy paste from the pdf posted:

HOTELS: When a player has four houses on each property of a
complete color-group, hdshe may buy a hotel from the Bank and erect
it on any property of the color-group. Hdshe returns the four houses
from that property to the Bank and pays the price for the hotel as shown
on the Ttle Deed card. Only one hotel may be erected on any one
property

the last time i played this game someone played this strategy. it took two hours. thank goodness we were outside drinking beers and not caring about the game that much

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

more falafel please posted:

its worse than that, you can't buy a hotel unless you have 4 houses on each property in a completed color group (so you need to have built 8-12 houses before you can build your first hotel)

page 6

the last time i played this game someone played this strategy. it took two hours. thank goodness we were outside drinking beers and not caring about the game that much

I haven't played in long enough that I forget some of the rules 🥹

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Escape From Noise

Imagine getting to roleplay as the most exciting and beloved of jobs: landlords and bankers!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

cruft

more falafel please posted:

page 6

This is how I always played it.

My wife and I actually came up with a rules tweak that makes Monopoly almost enjoyable. You can build on any property without needing a monopoly. Building costs the price on the card to the bank, then you have to throw 6 or lower on the dice to get the upgrade. If you throw 7 or higher, you lose the money and try again.

We were curious what the other game was that the Shaker nuns made to demonstrate how communal property was a better idea, and came up with these rules. It's neat, you really don't know who's going to win until the end, and it's less of a slog.

There are still better games, though. We've been playing Gin Rummy a lot.

Escape From Noise

TBF a glass eating contest is a more fun game than Monopoly.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig