Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all asking for help lifting heavy things; swearing they’re good for it; then you give them a hand and they immediately drop whatever. it’s not like you gotta show off for tall people. we don’t care. that’s why i asked if we should get another dude in on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs

Jul 31, 2023
short people are like this, tall people are like that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why make this thread, you know they're not gonna be able to reach the keyboard to respond

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6ykueIhX8

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Looking forward to some responses once they get their stools and/or high chairs out.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Manlets

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I don't know what you are talking about, OP. The guy who owns one of our local gyms is like 5'5. There are pictures of him up on the walls deadlifting 400lbs.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Valko posted:

I don't know what you are talking about, OP. The guy who owns one of our local gyms is like 5'5. There are pictures of him up on the walls deadlifting 400lbs.

is 5’5” considered short? not that it matters though. the truly yoked have transcended the short/tall spectrum and have no need for such nonsense

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
come down here and say that poo poo to my face

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It says 101 bands but it just sounds like 1 band? :confused:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if they invite you to the theme park loving dont go theyll be all "yeah we cant go on any roller coasters by the way" like two minutes after you pass through the gates

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

This again? I remember.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna punch you in the balls OP

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m gonna punch you in the balls OP

hold on lemme grab your standing stool so you can reach them

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

didnt we just have a "im a tall guy" thread?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Every day is tall guy day in GBS
And we like it that way

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Im tall guy

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Im of perfectly average height

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

didnt we just have a "im a tall guy" thread?

yeah it was decided that the best height is 5' 11". tall enough to not be called a lil short guy but also not so tall that you look like a freak or have trouble fitting in showers

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

yeah it was decided that the best height is 5' 11". tall enough to not be called a lil short guy but also not so tall that you look like a freak or have trouble fitting in showers

Lmao under 6 the perfect high?

Fail

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

collating the data :thanks:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Saalkin posted:

Lmao under 6 the perfect high?

Fail

the problem with being over 6ft is it makes the person insufferable about how tall they are. need to keep it under 6ft to build some character that isn't all about being more than 6ft tall.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
op have you considered that you may have reversed cause and effect and you should instead be asking, why are people like this short

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m EXACTLY 36” in all dimensions

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4035459

lmfao here it is. the guy that thought the average height was "short" and being in the top 0.5% was still average height

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
whats the deal with tall people complaining that things are designed for short people

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the problem with being over 6ft is it makes the person insufferable about how tall they are. need to keep it under 6ft to build some character that isn't all about being more than 6ft tall.

tall, but as a personality trait

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
reporting this thread for being Oompa Loompist

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
my wife is tall and strangers feel compelled to approach her in public to tell her that she is tall. people get real sassy when my response to them shouting "WOW YOU'RE TALL" at my wife while we're getting drinks or whatever is "WOW YOU'RE FAT"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
wife tall so what

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
it's p. cool, i don't have to get my step ladder to reach the top shelves

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

SonOfGhostDad posted:

my wife is tall and strangers feel compelled to approach her in public to tell her that she is tall. people get real sassy when my response to them shouting "WOW YOU'RE TALL" at my wife while we're getting drinks or whatever is "WOW YOU'RE FAT"

:lol:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

As a tall man I've NEVER once done this

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Hammerite posted:

op have you considered that you may have reversed cause and effect and you should instead be asking, why are people like this short

They contain a high amount of fat relative to flour, making them crumbly

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Stonehouse Beach posted:

They contain a high amount of fat relative to flour floor, making them crumbly

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I was 6'0" through my teens and 20s but have since shrink ~.5" so I'm 5'11.5" which I believe is short

I preferred being tall TBH, now people act like I'm some kid when I speak up and keep grabbing things off shelves I can reach for myself

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

looks like we're closing back in to the classic "post your height" style convergence for this type of thread. thoughts on a poll before i gas?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more evidence that being tall is bad: the dutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

183cm 77kg 20cm