Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreAliensReal
Jul 29, 2023

by vyelkin
Not a single god damned thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Incorrect, there has to be like at least a dozen things.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
Somehow, somewhere along the way... the country founded by genocidal slavers went wrong

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I've got two tickets to the gun show that you can redeem anytime, anywhere.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Glizzy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
have you even had the kfc double down

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

AreAliensReal posted:

When I start thinking about the sort of people who's response to this ordeal is simply "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" I begin to think about all the different things we've seen and learned over the past 30 or so years of my life.

What deep historical events that are commonly accepted as fact have extraordinary evidence? There are multiple out there that reflect poorly on the history of our nation, and currently are attempting to be covered up and hidden by the GOP. But we can't say there's extraordinary evidence for a lot of them. There's testimony from people. The same thing we have here with the alleged UFO program.

Let's look at example the multiple race massacres that occured in the united states in the early 1900s. For example the Tulsa Race Massacre. Where over 300 black citizens of Tulsa, Oklahoma were murdered by white citizens and their entire city blocks where bombed using commercial planes. Our main evidence of these events are newspaper reports and eyewitness testimony.

Just as the main evidence we have of supposed alien sightings are Newspaper reports and eyewitness testimony.

If we look at the scope of the governments activities over the history of our nation. Specifically when it comes to targetting people and movements they dislike or seem to threaten their power; they have used tactics that if you were to make claims about them; you'd be called a conspiracy theorist.

Only now in recent history with the release and declassification of the FBI and CIA secret files we know a lot of these "Conspiracy Theories" are true. The FBI were wiretapping the phones of Martin Luther K Jr. and spying on him. They sent recordings to his wife of him having sex with another woman to try and destroy him. They infiltrated many different left-wing and subersive movements throughout the 50's, 60s, 70s, and into the 80s. Everything from the Black Panthers to the Symbionese Liberation Army to the Weather Underground.

The activities that the Government has used to control and discredit information about these activities is very consistent. From infiltration, to financiation and encouragement of fringe elements in an attempt to discredit the entire movement, to cooption. This isn't the realm of Conspiracy Theories when I say this. This is actual recorded history and fact.

We only have to look at the recent events surrounding Epstein, the election of Donald Trump, and multiple other events in very recent history to understand exactly how our government functions and why the concept that they have attempted to use UFO sightings as a form of psychological warfare with disinformation campaigns as being not only possible but very probable.

Many well off Americans have developed this kind of cynical science based worldview, where the concept is that the supernatural or otherworldy is completely impossible. The problem is this worldview is a failure. Once you step out the bubble of your first world, well off society; it becomes lacking in terms of explanations and solutions for a lot of things.

I think the election of Donald Trump kind of proved the failures of this worldview and how it can be blind to many different elements we simply don't understand. The idea that everything in the world; from human activity to everything that occurs; can be explained with our current understanding of science is false. While science has provided us the capability to advance in leaps and bounds; it still has some failings that don't permit it to explain exactly everything. And people who act like it can explain everything are blinded in a bias that leads to them committing very big mistakes. Neil Tyson comes to mind.

AreAliensReal
Jul 29, 2023

by vyelkin

Milo and POTUS posted:

have you even had the kfc double down

Thank God no. Fast Food Chains in general should be illegal like they are in most of Europe.

It should be illegal to eat a meal at a restaurant without having walked there or used public transit.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Low, low prices!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad threads should be illegal.

73023_3rd
Jul 31, 2023
even with an army of telsa bots you're still talking more than 888 days

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

is this two different reregs or an epic rereg talking to themself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2d6T5G2rrY

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 31, 2023

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Biscuits and gravy

gently caress you if you think that ain't worth it

If you think a culture is worthless, look at the food. There's likely something worth saving there.

Our movies seem popular, and we did further the art of animation beyond "years long project a single weirdo does in his basement because he's rich and bored".

But we America'd it up by making it a miserable industry after the golden years. Like all else we give to the world, taking some European invention "perfecting" it, then deciding it isn't worth paying people properly for and outsourcing it to stressed overworked people in other countries for pennies.

Wait, now I'm back on the gently caress America train.

Let's loop around: we do have the biscuits and gravy. That can't be taken, it's like the one thing.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

AreAliensReal posted:

Thank God no. Fast Food Chains in general should be illegal like they are in most of Europe.

It should be illegal to eat a meal at a restaurant without having walked there or used public transit.

Wait what, they illegaled the fast food? How?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The one thing the US has going for it is diversity. I can drive at most an hour in any direction from where I am right now and find pretty much any cuisine I desire, meet a person of any background or ethnicity, of any religion or none at all, with any and every interest/belief, and most of them speak English at least enough for us to communicate, or failing that I can try out my middling Spanish.

The problem is about half of the US wishes that diversity would go away which is both stupid and evil.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Who cares

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hard agree, OP.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

AreAliensReal posted:

great job, homie! You figured it out!
well, good luck!

73023_3rd
Jul 31, 2023

Sex Farm posted:

Who cares

china is loving brutal

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

AreAliensReal posted:

have you ever been to europe

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

We landed on the moon.

Oh, and biscuits and gravy are a thing we did.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

white gravy isn't real gravy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like lots of stuff about the US some things can be pretty cool sometimes

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Serak posted:

have you ever been to europe

why is it good

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

white gravy isn't real gravy

:mods:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The stupid thing about biscuits and gravy is that even if they used real gravy it wouldn't be a good idea

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

The Loin King posted:

why is it good

no, still bad. just various different kinds of bad to the US

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
National Parks, Op.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Vampire Panties posted:

National Parks, Op.

you set aside parts of the country to ruin at a slower pace than the other bits and want credit for it?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
"Welcome to the machine" as they say

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

pickled green tomatoes :checkmate:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Fahrenheit is a better measure of meteorological temperature readings than Celsius. “It’s 100 degrees outside.” sounds a hell of a lot better than “it’s 32 degrees outside.”

Also, measuring people in pounds instead of stone. The gently caress is a stone?

But yeah, every other measurement outside of the US is superior.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i want to hear more about your theory of the FBI's infiltration of the Symbionese Liberation Army

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Taylor Swifts tour might generate almost $5 BILLION in global revenue.

If the US hadn't invented Barbie, we wouldn't have as important and culturally impactful movie by Gina Gershon to enjoy this summer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AreAliensReal posted:

Just like this thread, funny enough :)

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
America owns op, deal with it.

AreAliensReal
Jul 29, 2023

by vyelkin

covidstomper58 posted:

Taylor Swifts tour might generate almost $5 BILLION in global revenue.

If the US hadn't invented Barbie, we wouldn't have as important and culturally impactful movie by Gina Gershon to enjoy this summer.

Yes. Money is the only thing that matters.

....I rest my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Fahrenheit is a better measure of meteorological temperature readings than Celsius. “It’s 100 degrees outside.” sounds a hell of a lot better than “it’s 32 degrees outside.”

Depending on where you are in the US, the more common set of phrases could be "it's 32 degrees outside" vs "it's 0 degrees outside"