Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Oregon is pretty good, also Hawaii is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Devils Affricate posted:

Ok fair enough, but I still maintain that biscuits n gravy is just the american equivalent of the british toast sandwich

=

Help, I am having a small pastry moment.
I sincerely tried to find nice images for both, but the tasty-looking toast sandwiches have cheese/avocado/ham/etc. At that point you're just making a double-decker sandwich.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I'm going to fart on the United States OF America.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

did america invent baguettes? cuz i agree, those are pretty drat tasty

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

flubber nuts posted:

I'm going to fart on the United States OF America.

I've been doing this for years at this point

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Buce posted:

did america invent baguettes? cuz i agree, those are pretty drat tasty

Literally a French word

America did invent pizza, though

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The united States has the best marijuana, by far. So there's that

e: not saying that outweighs all the genocide, please don't say I said that

HerLegacy
Dec 25, 2012
cinnabon

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Play posted:

The united States has the best marijuana, by far. So there's that

As a Dutch person, lol. lmao even

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Yellowstone is pretty cool OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Archer666 posted:

Are you actually this ignorant about how much has changed in the last 10 years my guy?

Your weed scene is loving trash compared to the US market now. Its 2023. I can literally walk to a weed store in my city in California and buy 30% weed, concentrated resin, shatter, etc., gummies, topicals, drinks, vape carts for days, and literally everything else on offer. Everyting is lab tested, labeled, regulated, and taxed.

You guys are not part of the legal weed conversion because you technically don't even have "legal" weed.

Your weed chocolates made me feel literally ill last time I visited.

Great country, garbage weed.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 31, 2023

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
serious answer to "absolutely nothing redeemable" is every genre of black american music. even if you go "oh well was it worth the trauma of the slave trade etc" it's there

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The last time I smoked weed which supposedly came from California it felt like I was having electric shocks in my head every fifteen minutes. It was unpleasant.

I'll bet Afghanistan has better weed.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Right on red is pretty cool

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Archer666 posted:

The hubris of this post. You people have nice ovens I'll give you that

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Right on red is pretty cool

It seriously loving sucks not having the equivalent in Australia.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

white gravy isn't real gravy

wtf is this poo poo?

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

AreAliensReal posted:

To further expand on this; As an American having grown up between two different countries, everything that is the American part of it has poisoned my personal worldviews and comfort levels of living in ways that can never be undone. Canada being American-adjacent; and heavily influenced by America isn't much better.

You can't just will or "positive-think" away the destruction of the entire planet via car-centric infrastructure and mass consumerism. You can't unprogram or ignore the destruction that car-centric infrastructure has had on American Society as a whole. There is nothing that can be done to save or make better the mental health issues brought upon the 300+ million Americans (and people who live in American adjacent countries) by the destruction of normal social institutions and healthy human interaction by the implementation of the car-centric suburban sprawl that made up the us by the end of the 1960s and 70s. People born in America are doomed to be inable to properly interact with each other socially, suffer from a myriad of mental-health benefits; from depression to ADHD and beyond; all due to the destruction of normal natural human interactions of public social spaces, and it's replacement with the "Drive Everywhere" model.

People in America will never know what it is to live somewhere where they know their next-door neighbor. Where they can walk to their local grocery store. To their local school. Where social events occur regularly and spontaneously amongst locals. Because that kind of social setup, which is essential for the proper formation of human psychology (us being social animals, and not some kind of omega gods) is absolutely impossible. The only way to escape from the permanent damage of the American model is literally death and rebirth somewhere else.

The natural "othering" and extreme racial and sexual discrimination of other human beings that occurs in America is so extreme because our social setup is in itself so extreme and unnatural and our society breeds extremely unhealthy human beings who are destined to suffer for their entire life and only hurt other people because they are socially stunted due to poor socialization.

If you raise a dog or a cat without socializing it or introducing it to other animals or human beings it will inevitably grow into a dangerous or sick animal; either extremely aggresive and violent; or extremely sad and depressed as well as sick; or some mutant sickfuck combination of the two. It is nearly impossible to remedy this. Animals with these issues are very often put down because there's no way to actually resocialize them easily once they've been raised improperly.

Human beings are nothing more than animals. The same applies to us. You can't just fix something that was broken from the beginning easily. Human beings who are born in raised in modern America are permanently stunted and damaged physically and mentally in ways that never can be fixed. America deserves to be hated for the damage it has wrought upon its citizens and the world.

i'm happy for u

or sorry this happened

Shinjobi posted:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, fake breasts

God bless the USA

I'm an expat to America but I enjoy these three things on a weekly basis, so god bless the USA.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Valko posted:

Why do you dip sweet things into the drippings of your Sunday roast. It doesn't make any sense, it's like when the french dip buttered baguettes or croissants into hot chocolate.

You're insane.

Also, why are the biscuits actually cookies, and the cookies actually cakes? This gastronomic escalation is unstatainable :colbert:

Also, also, why is jelly?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Das Boo posted:

=

Help, I am having a small pastry moment.
I sincerely tried to find nice images for both, but the tasty-looking toast sandwiches have cheese/avocado/ham/etc. At that point you're just making a double-decker sandwich.

What kind of fake rear end biscuits and gravy is that

Garnish and the biscuits aren't broken up before putting the gravy on, shameful

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

America the Fart and Free

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Didn't read the thread but obviously the OP isn't a woman

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

You forgot the pork fat, dork!

:hai: so this is a big point of distinction - I think most Euros are thinking about gravy made with beef fat, like something you'd have with dinner. American breakfast gravy is made with pork fat, usually the grease from the bacon or sausage cooked with the meal.

as you can see, the gravy is lighter/greyer than beef fat gravy

putting beef gravy on a biscuit would be really weird and gross

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

putting beef gravy on a biscuit would be really weird and gross

Why? That's just beef gravy on bread basically. Wouldn't be much different from a yorkshire pudding.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Saalkin posted:

Why? That's just beef gravy on bread basically. Wouldn't be much different from a yorkshire pudding.

an American breakfast biscuit is basically a round firm croissant. Its not like a dinner roll. As an American it would be extremely weird :shrug:

EDIT

also key point of distinction missing from my previous post - most american breakfast gravy will almost always have chunks of sausage in it. Its not carbs-on-carbs like a bread sandwich or whatever

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

good job falling for an obvious rereg people.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Once saw a mountain lion. Pretty neat.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

cornbread, chicken and waffles, ribs

soul food is really good

naem
May 29, 2011

the only thing worse than America is EVERYTHING ELSE EVER

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I think america is probably pretty sweet if your rich

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Ahundredbux posted:

I think america is probably pretty sweet if your rich

north korea probably is too

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If your response to "ur country sucks" is "nu-uh, we, we, eh, we have food!" then you know your country REALLY sucks

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's the thuggish ruggish booooone

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's the thuggish ruggish booooone

Better make that money man

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Yellowstone is pretty cool OP.

It'll be even cooler when the caldera finally pops and destroys this vile place.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
i dunno, op, i think rollercoasters are fun

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ate some very nice food today, prepared in these united states, for a reasonable price

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Dolly Parton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm gonna go eat a double down in remembrance of the fallen