Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
well, you can’t like, own things, maaaaan

but what’s the oldest computer in your possession?

I have a Mac SE/30 but sadly it does not work.

I have a graphite iBook G3 and a Sawtooth Power Mac G4. the iBook has a bad screen but the power Mac works like new. non original hard drive and RAM though.

I also have a Pentium 3 box based on an OR840 dual slot board. I know I’ve mentioned it before but it’s the pride of my fleet.

so what have you got? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not that old. i threw a lot of them away at various points, much to my regret now. probably my 2011 mbp.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I have a pristine looking ti-99/4a in it's box that didn't work when I tried hooking it up

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

honestly I’m surprised I have so many retro pcs. a couple of them make nice ornaments at leasf

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

akadajet posted:

I have a pristine looking ti-99/4a in it's box that didn't work when I tried hooking it up

i also have one of these and last time i plugged it in (which was like 3 years ago probably), it worked.

second oldest is my blue & white PowerMac G3. I have a SimCity 2000 game paused on it right now.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I enjoy that most of the new threads in this forum are now asking basic inventory questions.

I have a piece of crap dell running windows ME sitting in the closet.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:looks around: an m1 imac, op

does an ipad air 2 count as a computer? if so, that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

:looks around: an m1 imac, op

does an ipad air 2 count as a computer? if so, that

:gb2gbs:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Probably the one that was manufactured before any of the others

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i might have some cheap pc of some kind from the early aughts somewhere in a box. i know i threw out the 4:3 lcd monitor that i used with it the last time i moved. you can bet i kept all the cables for it though

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
got a couple of busted pentium 2 towers that are basically a space filler in my laundry area. basically just to fill an inconveniently-sized void and provide space to set stuff on.

oldest operational system is an old dell pentium 3 laptop. basically the same chassis/vintage as the YOSTOP

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

post the yostop

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’ll post my curio shelf when I get home

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

some laptop from 2011 op

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
a 1983 breadbin commodore 64

6502 supremacy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hell yeha

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

the oldest thing I have that can post on the something awful forums is prolly a sega saturn

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

tho with the power of netbsd I could prolly post on even older computers

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

otherwise I’ve some 2000s era thinkpads like a t60 and a stack of x61ts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i dont like this personal data youre collecting OP

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
an amiga cd32 with the power of lasers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

an amiga cd32 with the power of lasers

holy poo poo

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I have a working Sony HB-T7 MSX2 and a PBX so I can dial in to other machines.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

OldAlias posted:

the oldest thing I have that can post on the something awful forums is prolly a sega saturn

I think the oldest networking hardware I have is a Famicom Network System. I also have the super fami modem, which is a little more interesting since you can use it with a normal flash cart.

At least I'm pretty sure the FNS predates my MSX2

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

oldest computer i have is a pos mid-2000s hp laptop that i think is under a couch somewhere

now video game consoles, otoh, they go back way further

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

apple IIGS woz edition with color monitor, mouse, and keyboard and a regular IIgs and accessories that died on second boot and can act as a parts donor if i don't want to find the blown cap

i have no software for them, so they sit in the closet with a pile of my cobbled computers. the next closest computer is 15 years newer, these are just neat finds from a school auction at $2.50 total

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
a 2009 vintage eeePC that I somehow got win10 installed on

it runs like poo poo, but i haven’t bothered figuring out what limux to put on it as a replacement

and i only boot it once every five years

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Elder Postsman posted:

i also have one of these and last time i plugged it in (which was like 3 years ago probably), it worked.

update: it still works

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Elder Postsman posted:

update: it still works

I like the silver one so much more than the beige one

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

An Atari 800XL from 1983

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the one i am using, as i recycle responsibly

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Brrrmph posted:

I enjoy that most of the new threads in this forum are now asking basic inventory questions.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah this feels a little weird. are you building an extensive yospos.xlsx here or what

anyway, my first computer and probably the oldest one i own is a mac IIci. i have some dos machine that's probably a 386 or something, maybe it's older than the IIci, but honestly i dont remember what is in it. or where it is.

Agile Vector posted:

apple IIGS woz edition with color monitor, mouse, and keyboard and a regular IIgs and accessories that died on second boot and can act as a parts donor if i don't want to find the blown cap

i have no software for them, so they sit in the closet with a pile of my cobbled computers. the next closest computer is 15 years newer, these are just neat finds from a school auction at $2.50 total

:eyepop: that's a nice score. the IIgs keyboard is my favorite apple 'board, well worth it for 10x that price! got mine from a school too, but it was the elementary school i had recently graduated from at the time. all the flea market folks around here know what they have, these days :(

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

booooop BEEP

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
oh hey it's url

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

were all being doxxed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Raluek posted:

:eyepop: that's a nice score. the IIgs keyboard is my favorite apple 'board, well worth it for 10x that price! got mine from a school too, but it was the elementary school i had recently graduated from at the time. all the flea market folks around here know what they have, these days :(

yeah, i would have paid way more just for the kb, it's so nice to type on! i lucked out a while later and got an adb to usb adapter from a design studio tossing old clutter. the timing was right to get cheap old apples, too (~15 years ago). now someone would probably google listings and get a competitive price going

i haven't had much luck finding anything as interesting for cheap otherwise, but i haven't been to a flea market in a while. maybe time to go again, if just to see some old machines

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh poo poo I forgot to post my shelf

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008