Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That's at least a four pepper right there, :wow:

facialimpediment posted:

Lots of freaked-out people scared about the trump-biden 43-43 poll (that's far too early to mean anything at all), and democrats worried about turnout, but an up-or-down vote on that kind of thing will probably do it.

THREAD TITLE ALERT

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1686493395252830208?t=5JYuQdyxfuMZm88wlxsGnQ&s=19

"It's tough to own any of this when it's all just conspiracy poo poo beamed down from the mothership"

Overshadowed by the mothership, but Elite Strike Force Legal Team is a pretty good user/band name right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Granddad was 82nd/17th Airborne and as far as I can tell they weren't explicitly earmarked for the first waves into Japan, but probably would have ended up there eventually. At least in Aug 45 he was busy in Berlin as part of Eisenhower's guard unit.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Was just there a couple weeks ago and it's extremely surreal to realize all the stuff we saw and took pictures of no longer exists.

One thing we noticed and commented on while we were out there was how much everything on the west end of the island was wholly dependent on Honoapiilani Highway. There were constantly emergency vehicles hauling rear end along it to get out and back from central Maui, not to mention all the garbage trucks and other utility vehicles. Once the highway is cut everything north and west is pretty much on its own including a ton of giant tourist resorts up in Kaanapali and Napili. We didn't drive on the northern 340 back route but heard from the locals it was even more twisty and dangerous than Hana Highway. I can't imagine trying to run an emergency response or evacuation effort that route.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

End stage will be them saying Trump was secretly in cahoots with :abuela: the whole time

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Someone showed Muskrat how many people have blocked him, or blocked the low quality scammy poo poo-tier products that increasingly make up ads on Twitter, so he’s listening to customer feedback and taking steps to improve not only his tweets, but also the quality of advertisements on Twitter.

I’M JUST PLAYIN’ HE’S JUST GONNA GET RID OF THE “BLOCK” feature

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1692558414105186796?s=46

Screenshotting for posterity since I can't imagine that context is going to stay up lol

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

I don't know if I've ever seen someone actually grinding their teeth back and forth like a literal cartoon before. Gonna be a nice payday for his dentist at least.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

if you think about it, there isn't a much higher window that one could throw a dissident out of

what is plane but flying window

If Rogozin was still head of Roscosmos I'm 100% he would take you up on that offer with a big cardboard sign saying "Free Soyuz Rides".

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

With the heat index its going to be 99 F / 37 C in Atlanta tomorrow, hope the protesters like Georgia in August.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

GOP debate was pretty :sad:, main takeaway was Vivek is pure unbridled millenial psychopathic energy that the rest of the stage tried to gang up on, Pence continues to be a Ronnie Raygun God & Country cartoon, DeSantis was very low energy (but very high on uppers), and the GOP base continues to despise Chris Christie. The rest of the crowd might as well not have been there, still don't know who the heck Asa and Borgum are.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

You could convince me that thing came out of a half-assed AI image generator prompt.

I mean seriously, look at his eyes lol

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Only silver lining is that the population density in that area is <10 people per square mile with most of the actual coastline being swamps and wildlife preserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

It just keeps getting better :sbahj: