Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
waiting to hear it on https://www.c-span.org/radio/ since it isn't live on that video yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
given that dead people have legitimately won elections posthumously i'm unconvinced that even death would stop him

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i can't believe they'd indicate trump again

facialimpediment posted:

THREAD TITLE ALERT

:discourse:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'd save the FAFO for whenever he actually sees consequences beyond indictment, like conviction or prison time

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
From MSNBC: https://www.msnbc.com/trump-investigation/live-blog/trump-indictment-jack-smith-2020-election-jan-6-live-updates-rcna97476

quote:

Smith’s indictment refers to six “co-conspirators” who allegedly helped Trump. They’re not named in the document itself, but based on the descriptions and previous reporting, here’s my best guesses as to who they might be:

a. Co-Conspirator 1, [Rudy Giuliani,] an attorney who was willing to spread knowingly false claims and pursue strategies that the Defendant’s 2020 re-election campaign attorneys would not.

b. Co-Conspirator 2, [John Eastman,] an attorney who devised and attempted to implement a strategy to leverage the Vice President’s ceremonial role overseeing the certification proceeding to obstruct the certification of the presidential election.

c. Co-Conspirator 3, [Sidney Powell,] an attorney whose unfounded claims of election fraud the Defendant privately acknowledged to others sounded “crazy.” Nonetheless, the Defendant embraced and publicly amplified Co-Conspirator 3’s disinformation.

d. Co-Conspirator 4, [Jeffrey Clark,] a Justice Department official who worked on civil matters and who, with the Defendant, attempted to use the Justice Department to open sham election crime investigations and influence state legislatures with knowingly false claims of election fraud.

E. Co-Conspirator 5, [Kenneth Chesboro,] an attorney who assisted in devising and attempting to implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

f. Co-Conspirator 6, [Ginni Thomas,] a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

Note, we do not have confirmation on any of these names besides John Eastman. We also do not know whether any of the co-conspirators will face similar charges to those filed against Trump.

That #6 is spicy.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
They forced Twitter to hand over DJT tweets?

*X Files theme starts playing*

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
surely he wasn't stupid enough to put crimes in DMs

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Madurai posted:

I'm not sure what outcome you expected with a start like that.

honestly pretty much exactly what we're getting: any time someone says "he can't be stupid enough to [x]", invariably he does, so... :v:

(Though using twitter for actually sensitive discussion instead of some other, more private service strikes me as odd, but then again who we're talking about)

What are the odds they got poo poo from Truth™ too? I wanna see him really poo poo a brick over it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Of all the things I hate Rhodesian Lowtax for, one of the biggest things is making Mark Zuckerberg look like a better person by comparison.

I keep hoping they actually duke it out, if only because whoever loses, we win.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
imagine being the kind of killjoy that sees people joking about the potential deaths of some of the objectively worst fuckin people on the planet and tut-tutting it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
God, I hope this is finally the beginning of The Mattering phase. :dogcited:

This'll be fun to read through.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Platystemon posted:

The international chess governing body FIDE has banned trans women from competing in women’s tournaments and is stripping trans men of titles already won.

??

Bona-FIDE bullshit, that. You might need more question marks.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The guy behind TempleOS was deeply mentally ill.

quote:

Davis was initially diagnosed with bipolar disorder and later declared to have schizophrenia. Afterward, he felt "guilty for being such a technology-advocate atheist" and sought to emulate Jesus by giving away all his possessions and living a nomadic lifestyle.[5] In July 1996, he returned to Arizona and started formulating plans for a new business. He designed a three-axis milling machine, as he recalled having 3D printing in mind as an obvious pursuit. An incident involving a Dremel tool nearly set his apartment on fire, which caused him to abandon the idea.[5] He subsequently lived with his parents in Las Vegas and collected Social Security disability payments.[2][5][nb 1]

After 2003, Davis' hospitalizations became less frequent.[5] His schizophrenia still affected his communication skills, and his online comments were usually incomprehensible. However, he was reported as "always lucid" if the topic was about computers.[2] Vice noted that, in 2012, he had a productive conversation with the contributors at MetaFilter, where his work was introduced as "an operating system written by a schizophrenic programmer".

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
given the way twitter's "revenue sharing" works with posters there's absolutely no reason not to post the most asinine, inflammatory bullshit you can. you'll never get suspended and every eyeball is another fraction of a penny

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I don't know why I doubted that was real (it is). I should know better.

It's kind of funny; I really wonder what impact him not returning to Twitter had on his reach. Obviously by this point it's not quite as big of a deal (mostly because of Twitter imploding and a lot of things happening), but you do have to wonder. It feels like his constant turds on TRUTH!™ aren't quite as wide-reaching.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I am really hoping that everyone continues to look out solely for their own best interests and we end up in the "both players lose" quadrant of the prisoner's dilemma.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

That picture is so gloriously unflattering it's going to be everywhere :allears:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
He looks like he's trying to give some sort of twisty stink eye but failing miserably and stinking somewhere else.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Florida is a place where a handful of friends live and yeah, they're feeling the squeeze. None of them want to be there but what do you do when rent goes up and wages don't?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
also a good one

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'll laugh for you, then, I hope every waking moment of Mitch's life is spent in agony. gently caress that rear end in a top hat for everything he's done.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The only moral compass the GOP has is "gently caress everyone not us".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The shart car put me in tears. Good lord