Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Snowman_McK posted:

I love that Lineker has moved on to missing weight in all new weight classes.

BOUNCE WITH ME BOUNCE WITH ME

Age age every night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Make style bender vs Forrest offender real dana

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is kimo leopaldo booked

No, but would you accept tiki carrying a cross instead?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I would quite like to see both O'Malley and Sterling gently caress off back to their home planets and have somebody like merab or Umar be the champion.

Sterling is a lay and pray artist who took a round and a half to finish a dude who started a fight with only one functional arm. O'Malley is the result of if rumble and gab had a child and used kick as a nanny.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

reeg posted:

Aljo has finished 7 fights in the UFC alone, including a vicious knee in the first Yan fight

I don't watch the preshow so I only saw the first Yan fight and the tj finishes. His championship run has not been great.

Win via dq
Fitching
Managed to eek out a win against the one armed boxer
A close decision win against a retired 125lber who succumbed to the siren call of burgers

Now he's fighting tekashi six whine

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

beep by grandpa posted:

Thanks for the wonderful answers, this is truly the best and most knowledgeable group of posters out there :c00l:

It did make me realize right away that, and if you re-read my question in this context that before I read these posts I was extremely narrowly defining "Dana White privilege" as simply work towards a title shot and nothing else. I think that's cause that's how how I defined it in my head when I first heard Tony Ferguson(?) coin the term. But yeah all the other variables- promotion, PPV priority, etc really affects a fighter's ability to earn a living and pick up fights, not just how close they get to the belt. Good poo poo in here as always. That said, I am kind of a little happy for Sean O'Malley cause he definitely proved everybody wrong including myself who thought he didn't stand a chance out there to stand with Aljo, who's looked pretty much invincible other than the Petr fights.

He also barely beat cejudo and took away longer than he should have to beat tj. Aside from Carla Esparza he's probably the least convincing champion we have had in a while. Probably since bisping

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CarlCX posted:

Regional fight scenes, baby.

That record after the cancelled bout doesn't seem very lamentable, they just have him some cans before making him fight for real to sure up his confidence

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CarlCX posted:

They want Merab to self-promote and make himself valuable without having to actually invest in him as a company because they don't like him or his style, and by refusing to self-promote they also get to do their favorite chestnut, the "this guy just doesn't want to fight" bullshit, because that lets them invalidate their own #1 contender in favor of people they actually think are worth the return on investment.

It's definitely the UFCs responsibility to promote fighters so their business is better, but if you just got done with Aljo being disliked by a reasonable percentage of your fanbase would you really want to throw the dice on somebody as one dimensional as O'Malley beating a reasonably complete fighter with a penchant for fitching?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i'm convinced Endeavor has read years of posts from this thread saying "yeah Dana and the Fertittas suck but compared to Bob Arum, Don King, literal Yakuza, Dutch organized crime, etc., a couple of Italian guys from Vegas with mob ties are somehow the best promoters in combat sports". and now they are having increasing difficulty keeping that dynamic as Dana keeps being more and more of an idiot.

As far as we know Dana has never used a hack saw as a negotiation tactic so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

kimbo305 posted:

The UFC put out a terrible YT short of TKZ's walk out of the cage, in that stupid vertical format so he's not even in frame for part of the critical moment.
It does stay on the main camera longer, but that even takes away from the magic of people singing Zombie in the stands.

and despite all that, it has the most views of the recent wave of shorts except for Anthony Smith standing over Ryan Spann.
The popular tab of shorts is mostly Power Slap.

I uploaded my streamable copy to YT; dunno how long this'll last.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsRT1D6Em0

I can't offhand think of a moment that special that's happened in MMA.