Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the situation with Atlanta’s OL? I know they got that one rad guard.

Shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the situation with Atlanta’s OL? I know they got that one rad guard.

If the 3 wrs are gone before Atlanta’s 1st pick do you think they gonna take Joe Alt?

Atlanta needs to go oline. They’ve got the weapons.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/1764980204831744003?t=pkS-3L6rvoh8KxlmZdREng&s=19

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

earned it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Michael Thomas is having a day.

https://x.com/jeffduncan_/status/1765787002283188406?s=46

https://x.com/cantguardmike/status/1765792709279986135?s=46

https://x.com/cantguardmike/status/1765794264829825370?s=46

https://x.com/cantguardmike/status/1765796816212439047?s=46

https://x.com/cantguardmike/status/1765797528090685812?s=46

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol, wide receivers are a special breed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is….is he saying that Jeff Duncan eats bath salts?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is….is he saying that Jeff Duncan eats bath salts?

Or saltpeter I guess. :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought he was saying he's so broke he steals salt packets idgi

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Well, we got Antonio Brown-level slants* with half the Antonio Brown craziness, so it was a win

*for a while

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1766939326284227010

bucs video team is having a lot of fun with this offseason

very stoked on this baker deal, even if he's never going to be a top-level QB i'm just really happy to have a likable person under center after the last two

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Baker is an okay qb but a great leader for the team. Sometimes it’s about more than just the arm.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

oh boy kirk cousins chat gets moved over to here officially:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39708564/qb-kirk-cousins-leaving-vikings-4-year-deal-falcons

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
4 years of post Achilles tear Kirko. We're so boned.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Boooo

At least it's not all guaranteed, can probably cut him after 2 if he's crap.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Arthur Blank loving die already good lord

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So Cousins up front with Ridder as the (cheap) backup.

Meh, I guess? Better than trading picks for Fields.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that Morgan made a bit of a splash with the best available guard.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Goddamnit Carolina get with the program, this division is for washed-up white QBs now

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Honestly, I hope Carolina overpays for another guard and center too. Our pass blocking for Bryce was like watching child abuse.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

Goddamnit Carolina get with the program, this division is for washed-up white QBs now

I think you'll forgive us for going with newer model of washed up. This one came pre-shrunk!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 2nd and a 5th that could have been two first rounders is tough to swallow but a 2nd is better than I thought we'd get.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

A 2nd and a 5th that could have been two first rounders is tough to swallow but a 2nd is better than I thought we'd get.

yep, even more brutal bc it could've been two first rounders that might've saved ya'll from trading DJ Moore but at least you got a high 2nd rounder this year when you desperately need more draft capital

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1767321397494210636?t=eCyX7EIiXtnQRRDPJShXjg&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

that's about to be a brutally bad defense to the point where it feels like they're actively spiting Evero

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everything on the roster is bad. I posted about it in another thread where we were talking about panthers potentially signing Ridley.

There's like two players who need an extension. The rest need to be replaced.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Henron posted:

4 years of post Achilles tear Kirko. We're so boned.

Mariota/Ridder/Heinicke were so bad they've erased Atlanta's memory of totally cooked Matt Ryan.

Falcons still don't have much of a vertical threat, but they did throw $12 million for Charlie Woerner to occasionally block as a TE.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Basically traded a top pass rusher for a 4th string WR and a nickel corner that will both be out of the league in 2 years.

The Panthers are arguably the worst organization in professional sports.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

definitely feels like 33 and 39 are going to be packaged to get into the first round

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Everything on the roster is bad. I posted about it in another thread where we were talking about panthers potentially signing Ridley.

There's like two players who need an extension. The rest need to be replaced.

everything left on the roster is bad, yea. somehow they did an even more down to the studs teardown this offseason

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

everything left on the roster is bad, yea. somehow they did an even more down to the studs teardown this offseason

We really want to be the first to get 0-17

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

just wanna make sure this is reposted here for posterity

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why keep Evero for this?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

StupidSexyMothman posted:

definitely feels like 33 and 39 are going to be packaged to get into the first round

This would be incredibly stupid, the Panthers have more holes than stable positions at this point. You either draft a center and a receiver or two receivers. Apparently this is a great draft for centers so go ahead and do that, get your offensive interior set for the next 3-4 years at least. The rest of the picks go to any warm bodies you can pick up for the defensive side of the ball.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Why keep Evero for this?

Dave had him under contract, you probably don't need much more than that for an rear end in a top hat like him. Why bother looking for another candidate when you have one in house? Never mind that you're putting a bullet in the head of yet another high-profile black coach.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Evero will be fine. Tepper is dumb as poo poo but keeping Evero was the right thing for the organisation.

Its also only day 1. So let's maybe wait a week too. The team is obviously trying to get a functional offense on the field this offseason. Panthers couldn't do both. Keeping Luvu would have been good but it happens.

The team is poo poo anyway. Might as well rebuild.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

It could be the right decision for the Panthers organization and also be incredibly destructive to the career of Ejiro Evero. Except David Tepper made this decision so no, it's going to end up hurting everyone involved and leaving everyone on the outside shrugging their shoulders.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Then don't sign a long term deal given his rep? Evero is a grown man, he can make his own decisions.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

1. Tepper didn't have a rep when Evero signed on, Most of that has come on over the course of the last year.

2. Evero signed on to work with a coaching staff and a defense which would theoretically have a few key pieces, many of which have now been cut out from under him. This is not what he signed up for.

3. Keeping Evero doesn't help the Panthers defense perform that much better, they're too devoid of talent. They have a very low ceiling. Now he's being chained to that.

4. I never said Dave wasn't in his legal right. I just said it makes him an rear end in a top hat. I think a reasonable person would look at these changes and cut him loose to find a better opportunity where he could hone his skills, not keep him in a dead end job. Good luck ever getting a coordinator to sign a long-term deal again, why would anyone do that knowing that this organization will just decide to suck you in like quicksand?

5. I cannot overemphasize how douchey the "You signed a contract, now suffer" mindset is. You have to sign a contract to work! No NFL team is going to take a year to year freelancer! Also, times and situations change and it falls upon the more powerful party in this situation to acknowledge that and make the necessary adjustment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Then don't sign a long term deal given his rep? Evero is a grown man, he can make his own decisions.

lmao ignoring the "you signed a contract" nonsense, no he can't make his own decisions since Tepper actively stopped him from even attempting to peruse other options. Being trapped at DC is brutal, you either downgrade to position coach or wait for the mythical black HC job. Most teams dont clean house of a coaching staff/FO, gut the entire side of the ball you coach, and also refuse to let you take another job elsewhere.

Put another way, he's almost certainly setting Evero back at least 2-3 years on his career arc but because he's black he might've permanently screwed him, who knows. And for the Panthers org now there's a strong reason to never take a lower level coaching position with them bc they'll derail your career and trap you with a new coaching staff you did not sign up for.