Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
dont worry we'll cycle through all the bad qbs this year on the way to the #1 pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm sure the defense will be good enough to screw you guys out of that.

Even if Baker is washed, you have to think that Evans and Godwin will be able to prop him up a bit too.

maybe, im counting on good old Bowles garbage coaching to defang any clear advantages

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

welp, thanks for everything Gage. rip to those glass legs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

isnt it something like the first time ever there's been a tropical storm warning for SoCal?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

In case anyone needed more evidence of how brittle NOs roster is this year.

also 100% believing this too for the Bucs

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m gonna choose to believe that Brady is the only one who left and he was skewing it that hard

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Since I'm going to the Bucs opener I busted out my box of jerseys that I haven't looked at in years. Guys, it's no wonder I stopped buying them.

Aqib Talib
Mike Williams
Kellen Winslow
Tanard Jackson
Doug Martin
Jameis Winston

Then a few Bucs legends in Brooks, Barber, McCoy.

I have a Josh Freeman jersey lying around somewhere, that's also when I stopped buying jerseys.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Yes, all the tired old men are gonna give their all for Dennis Allen.

Let's do it for our crybaby QB!

lol Dennis Allen really is terrible. I'm super curious to see how Carr plays, to me he's like a streakier Kirk but who knows.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

goddamnit pay him. he’s literally the best receiver we’ve ever had. it’s not like we’re winning games anytime soon

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think Mike Evans should go somewhere he can keep up his streak.

No, I dont know where that is, actually.

If he does get traded I’m fine with the jags

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Prediction:

Falcons 8-9
Saints 7-10
Panthers 6-11
Bucs 3-14

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

on the one hand, i can understand how that happens but on the other Bowles is bad cowardly HC and i dont know that it'll much matter who's OC

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s been a head coach for five years and never had a good offense. Maybe he knew Leftwich was a lovely OC but there’s no evidence at all that he knows how to hire a good one or how to prepare a team to perform on that side of the ball.

yea this is a good position on it.

i am happy for Canales to get a shot but it feels like he's being set up to fail with the QBs and just Bowles in general

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

WampaLord posted:

I don't know about the rest of the teams but 9-8 seems like an optimistic but possible outcome for the Bucs. I really do think all we truly needed was a not-Jameis level QB, now obviously Brady was way beyond that level, but as long as Baker doesn't throw 30 INTs I think we can win plenty of games, maybe even get a weird wild card win before getting trounced in the divisional round.

this was true 2 years ago but this current iteration of the Bucs is not great even outside of the QB position. the o-line and run game is still a huge question mark and while the defense should be ok they've lost some depth in the back end and are getting old at some key places. idk, it's not a bad roster overall but the offense outside of the WRs looks very shaky and the defense isn't a world beater anymore. the main thing though is every star player is old as hell. the young guys that are good are just that, good not great. it feels a lot to me like the beginning of a long stretch of mediocrity or worse unless we hit on a QB next draft and get a new coach. maybe ill be wrong and canales will magic something up but idk it looks very rough for this year for sure and perhaps for a while going forward

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 6, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Those are either the eyes of a stone cold winner or a serial killer.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1699463871155654801

well he's been in the league for a decade so we have plenty of evidence that its not the former

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

It's possible he's brain dead.

Brain death exams are different by state, but in North Carolina it requires two similar exams 36-48 hours apart. It's the same exam both times. Even if the first exam is positive, they're not legally dead until the second one.

I imagine it's even more drawn out in Florida.

after Terry Schiavo its probably the most agonizing possible process

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

welp vikings gave that game away, so much for the #1overall pick altho after catching some of the Cardinals game i dont think that was a realistic option

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Just gonna squeeze every last minute of good Baker out as I can

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1702390929963765996?s=20

lmao, hard to not like the dude.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If only every team with a rookie QB were as optimistic as Packers fans who are convinced “ironically” (it’s not ironic) that Jordan Love is a future HoFer because he didn’t poo poo his pants in two straight NFL games.

truth.

also Ridder looks totally stiff and robotic for long stretches like he did for most of the game today. its just that he'll also have 4th quarters like today. so who knows, there's stuff to grab onto either direction. at least he doesn't look utterly useless

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I think bijan is the real deal.

yea he looks legit. if ridder can just keep things moving to all the skill position talent they might have a legit offense this year

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

is baker the best qb in the nfc south right now?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

Until the vibes go bad

i thought ya'll were exaggerating about him being a vibes qb but its so true. its loving hilarious and bizarre

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Eh we'll be fine.

Everyone panic because Bryce looks fine 2 weeks into his career.

Reeeeeeeee

i think the total lack of receivers and pretty uninspired play calling is more alarming. it doesn't seem like they trust him enough to do anything but the dumbest basics possible right now. hopefully they find someone, anyone, capable of catching passes and open things up a little for him

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

panthers fans help me understand something

your team is struggling/unwilling? to pay Brian Burns. last season they were offered 2 1sts for him and turned that down. then you traded your best (only??) WR and a future first to get a new qb. now your new young qb has no one to throw to, you're out this years first, and you're down the services of your best pass rusher who could've been two first round picks if they knew they weren't paying him.

how the gently caress does your dumbass gm still have a job?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

At that point the panthers were still technically in the playoff hunt and based on when that trade was offered, they might have had their turn around.

Neither the coach or GM are going to want that. The coach was trying to keep the job, and the gm isn’t going to trade for picks he’s probably never going to use. Remember it wasn’t a 2023 first: it was in 24/25.

Trading burns at that point absolutely makes the team worse in the short run.

Right now, considering the direction this season is going, unless there’s a contract breakthrough it’d be malpractice not to trade him before the deadline.

Or they just plan to tag him.

i did forget it was a 24/25 first. that's definitely not quite as good.

you think they're trading burns this year or are they going to give him his money? wouldn't be the worst thing to get a WR and a pick out of someone for him

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

did Bryce hurt his ankle being tackled or did he hurt it during that incredibly awkward slide he attempted

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

bucs fans talking a lot of poo poo right before they lose by 20 to the eagles

Who’s talking poo poo? Saints collapse sucked since they had that game in hand and gently caress the packers but no bucs fan here thinks we’re gonna look good against the eagles

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hard to have the game in hand when you spent the whole second half not getting first downs.

I mean up 17 points going into the 4th is game in hand to me. Yea having the offense just up and vanish is a valid way to meltdown

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

At the rate he's going, he'll be lucky to have a job come black Monday. He might not even last the whole season.

He’s fine. At worst he’ll fire Vance Joseph into the sun.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Wasn’t one of Reichs issues in Indy is they always started off looking like garbage on offense for the first 3-5 games before he got his poo poo dialed in?

Gonna be hard with no WRs but still

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chark and Theilen aren’t that bad, tbh. There are teams like the Texans or Colts or Rams making it work alright with some pretty questionable talent at WR.

They’re both #4s on a good team but both got cut by actual good teams. All of those teams you listed have better active WRs than the Panthers do right now

I think coaching is still a huge problem but the receiver issue is magnifying every error

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nico Collins had 1150 yards and 4 TDs in two seasons (plus a few games) in the NFL and he’s the Texans leading receiver. After him you’ve got old rear end Robert Woods and something called Tank Dell.

If you think that’s clearly a better WR group on paper than what the Panthers have I don’t know what to tell you.

Chark was the Lions #2 last year but he also missed 1/3rd of the year with an injury. He missed the year before with an injury as well but he was pretty productive with some truly bad QBs in Jax.

Nico Collins is better than the corpse of Thielen or Chark

The corpse of Robert Woods is 2 or 3 years younger than Thielen and he hasn't quite completed the fall off the cliff like Thielen has but lets call that a push.

Dalton Schultz (who's on the Texans now) is better than Hayden Hurst

Tank Dell is a rookie who actually looks good, both quick and relatively dependable so far and he's better than anyone on the Panthers roster.

That's absolutely a better WR corps here in reality than what the Panthers have.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Collins is in his third year and nobody even knew his name until like two weeks ago. He looks better now because he’s got a competent QB throwing to him and maybe some decent coaching.

But honestly even if you accept the premise that the Texans WRs are better you’re still left trying to excuse the fact that the Panthers staff are so bad at evaluation that two third round picks and Robert Woods are outperforming their WR corps.

They’re paying Theilen more than Woods! It’s either lovely coaching, lovely quarterbacking, or lovely talent evaluation.

It's lovely talent evaluation first and foremost and then lovely coaching second! As an aside, the Texans 2023 draft as of right now looks loving incredible

Also I'm gonna be a dick and say about as many people knew Collins existed as Terrance Marshall. If Marshall ever gets healthy I assume he'll be about the same level.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

marshall has lkooked like complete dogshit this year and i think most panthers fans have realized the dream is dead

wait did he play, I thought he was still injured?

I legit don't think the Panthers offensive woes are as dire as they seem. Bryce Young seems capable they just need some dudes (EVEN JUST ONE) who can get open and for Reich to calm the gently caress down and open up the offense. And then pray to the football gods that Bryce Young's tiny child bones don't get broken

People were making GBS threads on them for the will Anderson trade, but drat if that wasn't the jolt that franchise needed desperately.

Will Anderson looks loving incredible. They might have very well drafted a solid starting QB and pro bowl DE in the same draft

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 25, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

that trade only looks bad if the texans had another top 5 pick this year but hell they're looking fiesty now so i imagine they'll be more like pick ~10-14

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

lol did the whole division lose this weekend

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It was a scary two weeks there with the NFCS being relevant but I’m relieved reality has reasserted itself here

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ive been completely won over by Dave Canales. between him, the way Steichen is running the Indy offense, and Slowik for the Texans it seems like you can absolutely create an ok offense with marginal talent if you've got a good playcaller. that's all i want for the bucs from here on out. hire these types of dudes for OC or hell make Canales HC, like he's making BAKER look good. this is explicitly our cap pain season where they're not even trying and they're consistently competitive. it's loving bananas

i liked the Reich hire for Carolina and even though i thought they should've picked Stroud I do think BY will be solid if he doesn't shatter but holy poo poo they have got to get any receiving talent in there and even more importantly open the loving offense up. it's the most dull conservative poo poo I've seen in ages like there's almost none of the better Reich stuff in there. it feels like he dumbed it down wayyy too much for the rookie

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 2, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shane Waldron in Seattle as well. Similar situation to Tampa with good talent at WR but marginal talent at QB, but they’re making it work. People think good QBs are just good and coaching doesn’t matter…maybe that’s true for truly great QBs but for all the rest having a good scheme and coach absolutely matters.

Yep thats a good one same with Bienemy in Washington. Like it clearly can be done. You can coach up a backup qb in the right offense and score points. there's plenty of evidence

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Reich is a conservative white guy in his 60s who refuses to cede responsibility younger, more talented people underneath him and doesnt realize everything has passed him by.

We hired a boomer middle manager. We’re hosed.

Lmao gently caress. This is true and also y’all have the only winless record now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Patriots so bad they make the Saints look dominant. Good job Saints, always and forever gently caress the Pats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lmao those are true NFC S fans.

“We need to stand up for a god drat win” hahahahha