Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

three posted:

The true only soda that should be served is Cheerwine.

I mean, water is always good. Especially when it’s full of coal ash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Ostentatious posted:

im late but as long as a stadium has dr pepper they can carry whatever mid variant of coke or pepsi they want

inb4 someone comes in here bragging about how much water they drink

They changed the Dr Pepper head for Cheerwine, the superior cherry cola

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Ostentatious posted:

That's completely acceptable I'll have a Cheerwine

Now you have to be a panthers fan

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

RumbleFish posted:

No matter the owner/GM/coach, it seems, the Panthers have an impossibly hard time moving on from guys who have been demonstrably terrible because...consistency? Or something? There's no reason guys like Chuba Hubbard, Ian Thomas, Michael Jordan, etc. should still be on this roster when we just cleaned house, yet here they are. I promise we don't need to keep running it back multiple years on the extremely slim chance one of these dudes suddenly comes on, there are better uses of those roster spots. "Carolina Panthers role player" has to be one of the most secure jobs in the NFL.

I think it’s because they don’t want to get locked into a bunch of dead cap by paying someone talented big money and having them get hurt in week three.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

Not looking it up, but it certainly felt like it went Alex Smith last minute bomb to a tight end, Lynch going beast mode, Diggs miracle, no-call DPI right in a row.

This sounds like a lot of excuses for being bad.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, every team that does not win the Super Bowl each year is bad

Well, I’m a panthers fan, so that about sums it up

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Just remember: if you suck a Buc, you’ll probably get sideline seats with them for the rest of the season.

If you gently caress a Buc, you lose that divorce settlement money to a bitcoin Ponzi scheme.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
A lovely owner? In the NFCS? Can’t believe it.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

MJBuddy posted:

My end of season claims that the Glazers suck and won't pay for a competitive team if the league doesn't literally force them to seems pretty accurate.

But that clock has been right like 14 of the 15 years I've been on these forums

To be fair, this is every NFCS team except the Saints

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
If any team in this poo poo division manages to end with a winning record I’ll be shocked

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

well he's been in the league for a decade so we have plenty of evidence that its not the former

Not like the latter would disqualify him either

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I think saints fans might get a bit salty in the coming weeks.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

BlindSite posted:

Id renew if for nothing else you'll probably struggle to get one if they do come good. That being said I don't see how they come good.

So, Can't say I blame you. Barring some miracle coaching change this offseason and moving a freshly tagged burns for a first round pick we won't be competing for two or three years minimum and we're probably set for another big change in the front office.

Just depressing.

Everything will fall in place right about the time Young gets a career ending injury and Teddy Bridgewater is the starter again

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ozymandius1024 posted:

The best we can hope for is them lucking into a HC/GM tandem that can succeed while working around Tepper's meddling.

Seems like a really really big ask (not to mention I can't imagine coaches are going to be lining up to come down to Charlotte after the quick trigger with Reich).

Yeah, no HC (or even assistant) with a decent track record is gonna touch Carolina with a ten foot pole unless Tepper ponies up a lot of guaranteed money, because the chance of being competitive in the next 2-3 years is infinitesimal.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

PostNouveau posted:

I know CJ Stroud looks a lot better so far, but I'm sure Stroud would also look like poo poo right now if he was playing on the Panthers.

It’s this

No QB is gonna look good when the pocket collapses every down before a receiver can get open downfield

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Free Gratis posted:

Oh my god.

After years of "Brees is short" I thought it was just another excuse to wave away the other ways Young might be inadequate but that is stark.

The weekly comments from game announcers about him missing throws because he can't see over the defense isn't trash talking, it's just brutal honesty.

e: it's also why he keeps getting sacked for huge losses, he has to drop back a lot further/roll out of the pocket a lot sooner to see downfield

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 29, 2023

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The draft is only interesting to see who's willing to pay a king's ransom to trade up.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
No point in risking injuries when the season's been over for a month at this point lol

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

three posted:

There are Panthers fans actively wanting the Defensive Coordinator responsible for this to become the Head Coach.

It would be an improvement

In our 2026 draft pick

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The bucs beating the snot out of the eagles is the funniest outcome, particularly because I’ve got good friends that are huge eagles fans

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Alaois posted:

my "Dave Tepper is trying to manufacture consent for moving the team" theory gains more and more footing by the day

nah, his angle is a new stadium on somebody else's dime. The land is already there

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
the problem he'll run into is Charlotte taxpayers are historically not fond of billionaires trying to hold a sports team hostage, ask George Shinn

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Baker is an okay qb but a great leader for the team. Sometimes it’s about more than just the arm.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I’d guess some of it was restructuring and some of it was the annual cap rise

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

“He’s gonna be useless but we still gotta pay him”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
to be fair, I'd rather see the panthers hang onto young for a year or two while they unfuck the rest of it. No point spending a lot on a veteran till there's someone worth a drat around them.