Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The Falcons will be really good at wearing teams down with the run. They might not win many games but it'll be fun and they'll make opposing teams really sore and tired for their next games. Most teams will lose the game after they play Atlanta. Kingmakers!, if you will...

Gonna install the Wing T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The announcers really were in love with Young, really wanting to make him the next stud. He looked meh. Didn't have a completion over 14 yards. He threw deep 2-3 times but was only kinda close once, which the announcers blamed Terrace Marshall for slowing down on. Marshall wasn't good and Young liked trying to pass to him. Young's accuracy predictably got bad once Atlanta dialed up the pressure.

Still can't fully tell on Ridder. Once the line actually functioned, he hit his targets Better 2nd half than the 1st. Drake London had no catches, Kyle Pitts only had one chance to do anything. Lot of passes to his running backs, who are going to get killed because, as good as Bijan Robinson is, it's not a mismatch on speed like he had in college.

Mack Hollins had a good game. Will be interesting to see how Cordarrelle Patterson fits in once he comes back.

Defense actually looked legit, but similarly it's hard to tell how much was the Panthers making GBS threads the bed vs. actual improvement. Lorenzo Carter did some good things and Jessie Battes was out of this world.

First 1-0 start by Atlanta in six years. If they can hang with Green Bay next week, I'll believe they're actually decent.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ah, the gold stripe to appease Georgia Tech, back when Tech was relevant.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta is who we thought they were.

I am now supportive of Atlanta tanking. Mediocrity would mean that they'd still keep plugging along with a terrible line and QB who has already hit his ceiling. I'm all for embracing awfulness, as I'd like to toss Arthur Smith too.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Brothers in suck

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Even when Arthur Smith appears less stupid, he's still quite stupid.

ESPN posted:

Robinson said after the game that he was suffering from headaches and began "feeling weird" on Saturday night, when he struggled to sleep and woke up "feeling completely out of it."

He said he took medicine to try to feel better, but his head continued to hurt.

Robinson said his head still was bothering him after Sunday's game, adding that he was neither tested for a concussion nor administered a COVID test. He was not spotted in the locker room during the open media session Monday.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I am a lifelong Falcons follower.

This ain't even close to the team's lowest point of the Petrino season. This is more of an Andrea Doria dive. It's tragic and lives are lost, but this will be forgotten by the next accident and will mostly only be remembered decades later as a sitcom episode plotline. It won't live on forever like the Titanic or even the Titan.

Last week's loss to Dobbs is among the team's absolute worst, but overall, I've seen a bunch similar overall years: Mora's worst, Reeves the year after the Super Bowl, 2022, 2021. June Jones.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I assume that means that Arthur Smith received at least one vote. Jonnu Smith is ineligible to vote for his own coach, so I am deeply curious as to this fool is from another team.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think the Falcons probably manage to overcome Tim Boyle and pick up the win.

The embarrassment that Atlanta calls an offense is going to get massacred by the Jets defense. Boyle won't have to do much work.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

wrong thread

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pershing posted:

We're gonna end up bullshitting our way into keeping Arthur Smith

FTFY

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ridder keeps showing these little flashes, but as long as Arthur Smith is around, you can't be tell if competency is possible or if it's always going to be flashes.

I hate to be all smug and all, but arguably Ridder is the least disappointing quarterback in the NFC South. Because there were no expectations for him and Ridder's predicted ceiling is probably about as tall as Bryce Young.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

How bad must Logan Woodside be for the Falcons to all but say We're desperate but we're not *that* desperate.

This year is much more stable than the Petrino year, but the quarterbacking situation is just as dire, if not even moreso. For a reminder, the Petrino year saw them start Joey Harrington, Chris Redman and the corpse of Byron Leftwich.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

ESPN's article on Mike Williams' cause of death is all kinds of yikes. The construction work accident doesn't figure in at the end.

ESPN posted:

The cause of death was ruled to be "bacterial sepsis with cerebral abscesses and necrotizing lobar pneumonia due to multiple dental caries and retained dental roots," according to the medical examiner's office initial case summary report.

The condition, although rare, is linked to poor dental health, decay and infection. Arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease was also listed as a contributing factor in Williams' death.

Full autopsy and toxicology results are still pending, but records show a history of marijuana use, social alcohol use and daily use of Kratom, a legal herbal supplement that produces both stimulant and opioid effects. There was no indication of foul play and it was determined that Williams died of natural causes, the report said.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Takk mckinley

Jamal Anderson the lineman.

(There are too many choices.)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Saints are actually p cool.

Don't think Arthur Smith would have been fired without them.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Hooray, now let's see how bad they gently caress up the coaching search.

Fully expecting Josh McDaniels

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Instead of apologizing, Dennis Allen should have done what Titans owner Bud Adams did when they were blowing out the Bills in 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxHuUGG_2c

I know nothing of Adams the human, but always remembered that AFL rivalries were still hot 50 years later.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 11, 2024

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the situation with Atlanta’s OL? I know they got that one rad guard.

Shite

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Henron posted:

4 years of post Achilles tear Kirko. We're so boned.

Mariota/Ridder/Heinicke were so bad they've erased Atlanta's memory of totally cooked Matt Ryan.

Falcons still don't have much of a vertical threat, but they did throw $12 million for Charlie Woerner to occasionally block as a TE.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I refuse to believe those are actual Carolina fans at the Draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

The question is, were they like that before 28-3, or did 28-3 make them like that?

Either way: lol

I wasn't shocked in the least and actually laughed.

I had been broken long before by the Falcons.