Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

About 40k tickets sold for panthers fan fest last night at Bank of America stadium.

Marshall has been having a very good camp. Likely number 2 with chark on the outside and thielen being the “quick/shifty” slot guy

https://twitter.com/jrodnfldraft/status/1686883620122742785?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao announcing he’s reached a verdict like he’s some papal inquisitor or something

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 4, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now I want this to happen.

You know, I don’t. Weird.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

From the beat reporters for both teams, the panthers are looking very good in joint scrimmage with the jets.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/daringantt/status/1690419908008419328?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Popped up in my feed that terrace Marshall got carted off today. Hope he's OK.

Rode off in the cart after pulling something in his back. Precautionary.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just one more thing people in georgia will be paying more attention to than the Falcons

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The offense is very limited right now (and I have no idea why ickey is struggling so badly) but you really can see Bryce out there figuring poo poo out.

I don’t know if I’m just a victim of narratives or whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Synthetic marijuana

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I hope baker does well 15 times this year. He was a complete pro in Carolina and it’s ridiculous he had to split training camp reps with darnold. Who knows how he would have done once Wilks took over.

That said he looked awful at times last year. Not just the play calling was bad but he couldn’t make the throws.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

And that's not even getting into the absolutely ridiculous amount of batted passes at the line of scrimmage. That oddly seemed like a far worse problem for him in Carolina than anywhere else, but still.

That was a problem for Cam too and I think it was because teams were figuring out the timing of all of the plays.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

I believe Mike Evans should get paid, and I would like the team to pay him to be the Carolina Panthers.

Burns first please

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Apparently he’s not actually dead? This is super weird

https://twitter.com/MSchwartzTV/status/1699526258428649704?s=20

It's possible he's brain dead.

Brain death exams are different by state, but in North Carolina it requires two similar exams 36-48 hours apart. It's the same exam both times. Even if the first exam is positive, they're not legally dead until the second one.

I imagine it's even more drawn out in Florida.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don’t know if I’d call horn a bust, because he’s been one of the better corner in the league when he plays, but I’m kinda done with him.

He’s never going to be healthy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

cam threw for like 450 yards in his rookie debut and now I expect nothing less from all rookie QBs

I know the point you’re making but cam went though like an 8 game stretch that season where he was pretty lovely.

I didn’t understand the reliance of back shoulder fades to a wr that hadn’t practiced in three weeks. He was delivering the ball to a spot, it just didn’t look like him and Marshall were running the same play.

The deep ball to Mingo was a touchdown if he just put a little more under it. Maybe that was charks route or maybe he was just terrified of getting picked again. Mingo certainly looks the part at least.

They had no verticality in the offense, not even to keep the defense honest. Those are easy routes for young qbs. Especially when the safeties started coming in so aggressively.

They’re going to have to take some deep shots next week if nothing else to make the defense sit back. Marshall and Mingo are both huge dudes; just let them square up and go get the ball.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 11, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And then just like last year Shenault needs more touches.

He’s the Luvu of the offense. He just makes plays with the ball.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

panthers rookie rg zavala looks legit

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1701355133081108855?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brown has really turned into a nice player.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1701773227863793915?s=20

Don't know if he'll ever be "worth" where he was drafted or whatever, but he's absolutely a piece that needs to be locked up for Carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think bijan is the real deal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

panthers fans help me understand something

your team is struggling/unwilling? to pay Brian Burns. last season they were offered 2 1sts for him and turned that down. then you traded your best (only??) WR and a future first to get a new qb. now your new young qb has no one to throw to, you're out this years first, and you're down the services of your best pass rusher who could've been two first round picks if they knew they weren't paying him.

how the gently caress does your dumbass gm still have a job?

At that point the panthers were still technically in the playoff hunt and based on when that trade was offered, they might have had their turn around.

Neither the coach or GM are going to want that. The coach was trying to keep the job, and the gm isn’t going to trade for picks he’s probably never going to use. Remember it wasn’t a 2023 first: it was in 24/25.

Trading burns at that point absolutely makes the team worse in the short run.

Right now, considering the direction this season is going, unless there’s a contract breakthrough it’d be malpractice not to trade him before the deadline.

Or they just plan to tag him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

did Bryce hurt his ankle being tackled or did he hurt it during that incredibly awkward slide he attempted

When he was rolling out right and was sacked from behind

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Suuuuure looks like coaching is the problem in Carolina

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Seattle didn’t score a first half touchdown.

Andy dalton threw the ball 70 times.

Played his rear end off to be fair, but if this is the game plan they drew up?

Running the ball sure does make crowd noise irrelevant.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also at this rate burns is absolutely gone in the next few weeks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

marshall has lkooked like complete dogshit this year and i think most panthers fans have realized the dream is dead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

The Panthers had the perfect opportunity to make up some ground in the division and of course did not.

The panthers are 0-53 in the last 53 games they've trailed in the fourth quarter.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 26, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gentlemen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1708574720239534138?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know we rush to conclusions with QBs but Bryce is looking just like Clausen.

And it’s not just the offense or wide receivers. He also struggles with deep ball placement. He’s maybe thrown six all year and one of them were particularly close or even in bounds.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In a different world the panthers have four first round picks in 24 and 25, as well as DJ Moore and another pick from this draft.

Instead they have a noodle armed child, no first until 2025, no wide receivers, and burns might as well not be out there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i liked the Reich hire for Carolina and even though i thought they should've picked Stroud I do think BY will be solid if he doesn't shatter but holy poo poo they have got to get any receiving talent in there and even more importantly open the loving offense up. it's the most dull conservative poo poo I've seen in ages like there's almost none of the better Reich stuff in there. it feels like he dumbed it down wayyy too much for the rookie

Reich is a conservative white guy in his 60s who refuses to cede responsibility younger, more talented people underneath him and doesnt realize everything has passed him by.

We hired a boomer middle manager. We’re hosed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Coach reich, thanks for calling this all staff meeting. I wanted to talk about the defensive game plan against Detroit and i think-

Whoa now, that can wait. So uh, I saw this morning that outlook, updated? Did you guys see this? It looks different. Does it look different on your guys screens? Anyway, yeah; I just wanted to take some time and go over this. Is this blockchain? Is this the blockchain?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I went back and watched the game again last night. Offensive series at least and Bryce is absolutely not the problem in Carolina and it's kinda shocking how bad everything else is at the moment.

Especially icky, dude has regressed badly in his 2nd year.

Ickey is going to end up at guard. Dude absolutely cannot handle a stunt to save his life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/201494-all-22-review-panthers-vs-viking-week-4-2023/

Good poster from the huddle all-22 breakdown

Long story short: oline v bad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah.

I'm just glad that they're finally using Moore. Losing CMC was bearable because at least he went to a good team where he's succeeded, but I was worried that we had sent DJ to a worse place (and still am, tbf)

nah panthers are the worst team in the league right now. After one month, it's pretty clear they have the least talent on the roster, worst coaching, worst owner, worst future. Everyone laughing about the Bears' offense or whatever hasn't seen Carolina yet.

things are loving bleak

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

Is the whole "Riverboat Ron" thing ironic because jesus, the situational cowardice

every panther fans just winced thinking of the same 4th down play when he was in carolina

you all know the one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ron's whole thing is he always considered the offense a compliment to his defense. The offense was built around keeping the defense fresh. At the end of the game, he didn't want the offense to run out the clock; he wanted the defense to come up with the stop.

It didn't matter to him that all the rules had changed to the point defenses at the end of the game are irrelevant. That's just How You Played Football.

Imagine how pitiful his tenure in Carolina would have been without Kuechly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh god

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1710319045684187571?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cbs has a report that reich is going to simplify the playbook for bryce moving forward

I'm not even sure what that could mean in the context of what we've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Let’s go panthers

Clap

Clap

Clap clap clap