Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nycAujdp708

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Bite lulb

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I have color-changing Smart LED bulbs in my room, they own bones

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

post a really good joke. anyone who doesn’t emptyquote it must’ve blocked you, it’s really the only explanation.

I just did that in the unpopular video game opinions thread like 2 days ago and only Vic emptyquoted me, maybe I'm #101?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
All over the land, the lava lamps slowly go out, as their bulbs wear out and have no replacements. Weep, weep for the lava lamps.

... is this where someone jumps in and tells me all about how there's some sort of exception for specialty bulbs?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Devils Affricate posted:

Is there any way to see how many people have blocked you without making the top 100? Sometimes I wonder
They'll probably tell you.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just finished replacing all of the overhead lights in my house with gas lamps

have a few free standing acetylene torches where overhead isn’t enough

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

If you just build your house with a material that takes a really long time to burn you can just set the structure itself on fire.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

Sorry to disappoint, I just bought whatever was cheap on Amazon, they all are on Lutron Caseta dimmers though.

Love 3o telling everyone hes just like everyone else whilst being unable to resist name dropping the high tech loving DIMMER SWITCHES he bought. Just lol.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Poohs Packin posted:

Love 3o telling everyone hes just like everyone else whilst being unable to resist name dropping the high tech loving DIMMER SWITCHES he bought. Just lol.

They sell them at Home Depot, calm down, it's like name dropping on a Moen showerhead.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Three Olives posted:

They sell them at Home Depot, calm down, it's like name dropping on a Moen showerhead.

Yeah who name drops a Moen

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

OhhooOOOhhhhhhh. MOEN.

i'm jk, i just wanted to feel like a part of something.

though, i have a showerhead that sprays water, i dont know the brand.

gotta get me a MOEN, i guess.

if you don't have a Weymouth Chrome Two handle doohickey, don't even talk to me.
https://www.moen.com/products/Weymouth/Weymouth-Chrome-Two-Handle-Tub-Filler-including-Handheld-Shower/S22110

the bath is a series of tubes

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 2, 2023

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Speleothing posted:

What is this? 2011???

No. The year is 2023. It is currently the month of August.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bad Purchase posted:

i still use evanescent bulbs, they help me wake up

Please don't put bulbs inside.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

flubber nuts posted:

No. The year is 2023. It is currently the month of August.

Is it one of those fashion things where every twenty years they reban incandescent lights?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

And yet you couldn't help but tell us all the make and model of your smart dimmer switches.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Joke's on you! My indoor illumination has been and always will be my monitor. :smug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Poohs Packin posted:

And yet you couldn't help but tell us all the make and model of your smart dimmer switches.

Aww, YOU GOT ME!

Yes, I think dimmers in the home is a great way to conserve energy while also creating an environment that promotes mental health.

And yes, I did de facto personally endorse a brand of "smart" dimmers that cheaply integrate into almost all homes, is widely available and is widely respected by both consumers and professionals.

Sick burn, over, cheap Home Depot dimmers, I guess.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

TheKub posted:

Is it one of those fashion things where every twenty years they reban incandescent lights?

Yes. But instead of every twenty years it's once a year, and the annual banning of the incandescent bulb is now a federal holiday.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i have 4 large monitors (2 32” and 2 27”) in my home office that’s just a ~10x10 bedroom and yeah, that produces more than enough light

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Pick was as GBS as it gets. Had her own forum friends, her own diehard enemies, her own threadbans, and her own forum lore.

We'll not see her like again (until the next one).

Did she die or something?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Speleothing posted:

What is this? 2011???

long time for something to be stupid. long time

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

Aww, YOU GOT ME!

Yes, I think dimmers in the home is a great way to conserve energy while also creating an environment that promotes mental health.

And yes, I did de facto personally endorse a brand of "smart" dimmers that cheaply integrate into almost all homes, is widely available and is widely respected by both consumers and professionals.

Sick burn, over, cheap Home Depot dimmers, I guess.

It's like one of the most expensive smart lighting systems you can purchase through via big box home stores.

But of course you know this, or else you wouldn't have mentioned it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gently caress anything but LED bulbs with adjustable color temperature.

I have some GE Cync lights that are okay, but the app is a pain and I hate anything remotely IoT.

What I've grown fond of are the Home Depot Ecosmart bulbs. The ones I get have a slider switch on the side so you can manually adjust the color temperature, and they have automatic dimming bulbs that work off a normal lightswitch. The light sensor ones are good for dusk-to-dawn use, and while they're a little sensitive the ones with built-in motion sensors are good, too.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The place I moved into had like 3 different color temperatures including a home made light fixture featuring an old wood ladder and Edison bulbs.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

The place I moved into had like 3 different color temperatures including a home made light fixture featuring an old wood ladder and Edison bulbs.

This is a crime.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This is a crime.

Its probably worse than youre even imagining, they put eight (8) holes in the ceiling so they could screw in black cable clip things. It was this but with tons of holes in the ceiling so they could spread the super long cables out.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I only illuminate my abode with the warm glow of freshly charged JO crystals

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I put in those flat LED recessed pseudo-can lights when I remodeled, and they're excellent, five color temperatures, really nice diffuse light, and loving incredibly easy to install compared to OG recessed lights.

I just bought the cheapo dimmers because those giant smart bullshits suck rear end.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Every other post in this thread seems to be paid product placement for a different light ware company.

I think there should be disclosure rules for when you’re paid to post

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
All my posts are sponsored by BEEF (it's what's for dinner!)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i have molding made out of rotten wood that I grow bioluminiscent mushrooms on like im in Avatar

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Filament bulbs suck other than if you need something that generate a lot of excess heat.

Now carbon-arc lamps, that's the future.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dixville posted:

All my posts are sponsored by BEEF (it's what's for dinner!)

You can cook a steak with a filament bulb

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Its probably worse than youre even imagining, they put eight (8) holes in the ceiling so they could screw in black cable clip things. It was this but with tons of holes in the ceiling so they could spread the super long cables out.

I'm guessing what you've shown here is the "goal" of this DIY monstrosity, and :lol: to that because I would immediately stop talking to anybody who had something like that in their house.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Every other post in this thread seems to be paid product placement for a different light ware company.

I think there should be disclosure rules for when you’re paid to post
Even the Supreme Court doesn't have laws this stringent and invasive

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
GOT DAM WOKE GUBMINT takin away are freedoms when i was a boy we burned asbestos in the scullery for heat and light and it never dun us no harm COOOOOOOOUGHGHAHAHGAGHAGHAGHAHGHGHGHHHH :911: *replaces eyeball back in socket*

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Asbestos doesn't burn. That's kinda it's thing, like the one thing it's good for.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just LOL if you dont use smart LEDs that change colors and sell your credit card information to CHINA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

LED bulbs suck 'cause they overdrive them to the point that they fail within a couple of years.