Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Waiting until the end of Morrowind month to get into this but can't wait. Been a Larian fan since the, uh, first Divinity 2 (the third Divinity game, not Original Sin 2, the sixth Divinity game) and if I wasn't I would probably be put off by the weird focus in marketing etc on all the stupid horny stuff but w/e. Going to play the gross druid that has too many spores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just saw that the most played class is Paladin of all things and druid/cleric are the two bottom choices... Fail

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Paladins get bonuses from being virtuous and stuff and people probably are doing Chill Crusader playthroughs or something. Or their from WoW lol.

Apparently they don't even turn into blackguards if they stray from the path any more. I'm going to kill them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think you can do it but it's optional which bothers me. Your god coming down on you and being like "as my holy avenger you have strayed from the path, you are now an oathbreaker" and getting a "yes/no" option to respond lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

no save scumming results/events, you deal with with what happens, keep your gaming honor intact

This

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

my only real complaint right now is going to camp and talking to ppl and everyone wants to gently caress me. you can ignore it by blowing everyone off im sure but it feels forced and that my camp has been infested by a bunch of swingers.

In my experience blowing everyone only makes them think you want them more.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

right arm posted:

I feel like skeletons should have more bones

I always feel like that but we can't always get what we want.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't want to read posts like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Off work with the funny meme disease and started playing this properly to distract myself and immediately felt so overwhelmed the world started spinning in circles

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Worse... Airborne AIDS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

Wonder why this keeps happening.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I led the hot drow lady to the druid grove to kill her and thin out the goblin forces before I went back to their camp to save the head druid and he just... freed himself and walked right in after I killed her lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

got Shadowheart to kiss me, fellas. Not sure how I'm going to choose between her and Karlach though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Throw them both in the basura where they belong and get with the hot tiefling who gives you her phone number before leaving to Baldurs Gate.

I already have my hands full with the gith freak lady who's insisting we had sex after she smelled my balls even though we definitely didn't. I hate her.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Watch how you talk about Lae’zel around me at ImpCon bro.

No titty and a pug nose. Sad!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

God this game owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is this entire underdark section optional? This game is wild lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Already deeply looking forward to my psychotic dark urge playthrough, although I assume it's going to involve Bhaal which I don't care about at all

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

owlbear wild shape loving owns it’s like I hulk out and become a boss fight for my opponents

Have Gale cast enlarge on you for extra fun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

30 hours in and just beat act 1. I did a brief detour before progressing and following a humorous series of hijinx think a lich goddess has sworn vengeance on me. Act 2 is gloomy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Too many Bioware characters turning up in this game. Not a fan

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

I decided to try to surreptitiously take out the three goblin leaders Hitman style, had a total blast. at some point I hosed up and alerted the entire building, but by that point there were so few npcs left I just mopped them up
then I did about two hours of treasure hunting/equipment fiddling/miscellaneous upkeep... forgetting that the sanctum was in the middle of the goblin camp, and there would be about 15-20 aggro'd goblins and an ogre waiting outside :doh:

as soon as I stepped outside I immediately turned around and went back into the sanctum like hm lol
thought I was screwed and would have to load an old save

wandered around the sanctum some more and ended up exploring deep enough to find an entrance to the underdark, which I'm not sure I was supposed to find yet because there hasn't really been a story reason for me to visit the underdark, but once I was in there it had one of those wall sigil things and I used that to teleport back to the overworld, bypassing the pissed off goblin camp for the time being 😮‍💨
triumph, relief.

game good

Yeah I stumbled across the underdark the same way lol, you can go there whenever.

You can fast travel to wall sigils whenever btw, you don't need to go from sigil to sigil

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Control Volume posted:

__________________________/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dogs are cringe + Undertale

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love sneaking around enemy areas before they turn hostile and shoving people down holes like I'm playing some kind of bootleg shadow tactics

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JK Simmons punted my girlfriend Shadowheart off the tower roof and killed her immediately. And that's why he's the GOAT

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Act 2 ending kicked rear end but all my characters are losing their minds. Lae'Zel congratulated on finding three discs but ive only found two. Shadowheart jnterrupted a plot conversation to demand that I don't forget the thing I promised to do and I have no idea what she's talking about. I was fed up with NPCs running away from one remaining fungal zombie so I killed it and that made Dame Aylin swear revenge for it and attack me and all the harpers ganged up and killed her. Also a Harper said he felt positive about things now that Jaheira is leading them even though he was literally standing on her corpse.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 14, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

[MC not even looking up from his newspaper] uhuh it's great honey

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think I've used Wyll once but I appreciate having a relatively straightforward personality amidst a gaggle of super special freaks. Like in a party where two separate people have had their hearts replaced with magical bombs by divine/infernal magic it's okay if one guy is a little dull

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

none of them have personalities, they just have backstories

Honestly it might just be the great acting and mocap, but I've found most of the characters really engaging, and usually in these games I hate them and replace them with custom characters as soon as possible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Karlach is a little flat but she's an absolute blast in combat. I gave her tavern brawler and the gloves + ring that enhance throwing and she now just kills enemies by throwing them into each other. Seriously tempted to do a four barbarian run.

I still kind of hate Asterion for being too annoying, Gale has grown on me since he seems to turn down the wisecracking sarcasm and stops eating your shoes after an irritating first few hours

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 15, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The goblin camp is what I think the imp loft would be like.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pragmatica posted:

i know... ughhh!

:negative:

edit: also, i thought i would get an achievement for not using any of the parasite upgrade/skill things, but i guess not? seems like it must not matter.

That doesn't seem to matter at all. I just got the astral tadpole and am using it on anyone either happy to take it (Gale, although for some reason his persuasion check was much higher than others' when he was happy to take it?) or weird looking enough that it doesn't make them look gross (Karlach). That free flying is too good to pass up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cubone posted:

it's possible I just haven't played enough

they just all got on my nerves when the annoying one ate my gloves and camp afterward was one Forspoken Girl after another going "umm, WOW, did that just happen? he actually just absorbed a magical item? wow. did I really see that? he absorbed it? that's a thing that can happen now? so I guess we live in a world where THAT can be a thing that hapoen now.."
I actually got mad and said "you are loving CRINGE" out loud to my monitor, which was turned on and there were no reflective surfaces in the room and my webcam was off

I usually have a low tolerance for that sort of thing but didn't really get it here, maybe it's me. For some reason Larian writing has never bothered me the way it does a lot of people even when it's been at its worst (OS1)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wish pillars of eternity made me feel like this but there’s something annoying about the way it’s made. Like it’s made for dudes that care more about stats than rping or something I can’t put my finger on.

Pillars feels completely uninspired although 2 is a big improvement. Sawyer is on record saying that he didn't really want to make it the way it is but the Kickstarter pitched it as a spiritual sequel to Baldurs gate 2 so they feel obliged to keep doing lovely real time combat etc.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

It's insane how many games did that without it ever being good even once

I think it only happened in the first place because diablo came out when BG1 was being developed so they were forced to make it real time with pause and then everyone just had to do that for ten years. Horrible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hamsauce666 posted:

If I have one complaint it's that the game might be held back by the D&D ruleset. For example, the power jump from level 4 -> 5 is so drastic that it's basically impossible for the developers to have designed encounters that are theoretically survivable at 4, but still challenging at 5. Then again, getting my rear end handed to me by the swamp hag at level 4, then coming back to absolutely wipe the floor with her at 5 did feel awesome, so it's possible I'm thinking too hard about this one.

Larian have always had an issue where level matters far too much because of some kind of weird invisible multipliers going on in the background, can't help but feel that them taking on DnD has really indulged those tendencies even more than usual lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You can go back to the act 1 areas throughout most of act 2 until all of a sudden you can't for some reason. I discovered this when I realised I'd left one of Lae'Zel's discs back in the crèche but thankfully Lae'Zel is retarded and thinks Ive given her all three anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shadowheart wants in on the drow twin threesome as well but only after she has me to herself first. Then I talked to another brothel lady whose client turned into an illithid and looking at made the brothel lady cum. Someone in the writing team badly needs to be neutered to help them focus