Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anyone else been playing this? it's no 1.13 but i guess thats impossible since it hasn't had 20 years of active development. its fairly loving sick so far though for all those ja heads out there that got burned on BIA like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I am interested in hearing more.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I picked it up this morning, will probably not get to it right away with the Morrowind event for game club but I'm looking forward to it. Enjoyed 2 when I gave it a try a few years back and I've heard really good things about this one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m gonna get this eventually. The polish guy was playing it and he says it’s not as good as the first two but still deece.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I’m gonna get this eventually. The polish guy was playing it and he says it’s not as good as the first two but still deece.

i agree with him, it has full mod support though so im hoping some of best parts of 2 are ported over. the engine is solid and actually feels like ja which is nice

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i kind of wish there was pausing or an option to switch to turn based during the sections you aren't detected. doing stealth takedowns is unwieldy the second you split you squad up

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
game's good

trying to jack off posted:

i kind of wish there was pausing or an option to switch to turn based during the sections you aren't detected. doing stealth takedowns is unwieldy the second you split you squad up

there's a mod/dev mode thing that adds a pause, although it was still kind of awkward. ended up getting used to the real time stuff by the end of my first play though. also started just being a lot louder. machineguns and explosives are insane once you're over the ammo scrounging hump

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the machine gun implementation is insane, just putting down a nest and mowing down crowds with overwatch is broken as hell lol. it'd be nice if they rebalanced pistols to be a bit more useful, they don't even really give any ap advantages over using an smg

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this game rules lol, only thing i really want mods to fix is having gun and ammo deliveries and fixing the whack rear end inventory and equipping system

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
game is very good. My favorite game of all time is JA 2 and after 70ish hours of playing I have a long list of nitpicks but they did a very good job.

My favorite thing about the game is that it feels like it picks up where JA 2 left off. Whenever people bring something "back", wether its a tv show, movie or game series it never feels quite the same. This actually does.

Need a mod that does more consistent ragdolls, LBE and having to give you mercs ammo to reload

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im finding people that are mod a %cth into the game and i hate them, defeats the whole drat strategy of the gaem. its way more hype when your sniper hits two headshots in a row because you took a chance rather than calculating the exact amount of ap to use

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just saved biffs rear end, this poo poo is hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was completely ignoring this game and can't believe it turned out good lol, will need to pick it up soon. JA ftw