Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Endorph posted:

she didnt deserve any of the harassment she got at all to be clear but a lot of her statements were pretty boneheaded

like when she criticized stuff by women and they contacted her to try and have a discussion and she completely stonewalled them. theres a pretty direct line you can draw from her to a lot of the extremely wrongheaded 'feminist' stuff you see on resetera or w/e. like i think its good these conversations eventually started to happen but i think even outside of the dudes who harassed her a lot of other dudes went 'oh, if i just agree with this one take im a good feminist now, and anyone who disagrees with me is a bad feminist'

Her videos are extremely surface level, basic, and make several basic mistakes, which I don't care about because she's just some youtube lady, but as that polygon article states they're being taught in classes and stuff. It's kind of weird.

That's kinda my opinion too if we're talking about her, I remember watching her first couple videos when they came out and not liking how she phrased a lot of her arguments and the general format. Good luck at whatever she does next though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
e: eh nevermind actually, pointless addition