Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Also a lot of planets are blasted hell-holes with one or two hive cites, each with the population of a small country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Stephenls posted:

If I were super independently wealthy and had nothing but free time I would want to construct a Genestealer Cults army that's all kitbashed together to represent a non-GSC plain old non-chaos non-xenos mass uprising on an Imperial world against Imperial governance.

Necromunda gangers work really well for this, just fyi

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I asked this in the painting thread, but does anyone have any space Sicarian Ruststalker heads (the dome ones that look like Pit Droid heads) spare to buy or trade? I have a constant need for them and they're starting to get hard to find on ebay and bits sites.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Athas posted:

Is there a place I can get feedback and suggestions for how to improve? There is a painting thread in this forum, but it seems to mostly be really experienced painters sharing their work, and I'm wondering if there's a better place to discuss basics.

Seconding the mini painting thread, those same experienced painters are happy to help out.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Athas posted:

loving hell, I have assembled a single Sister of Silence from the Adeptus Custodes boxed set, and I feel exhausted. This reinforces why I decided to go for a low model count army. Am I the only one who finds assembly much more tiresome than painting? Especially with the extremely small parts that GW has become so fond of using.

I love assembling things, but my idea of assembly is "what things in my bits box will go together to make weird little guys"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

the Cawdor sprue is really nice for conversions, there's only a few ridiculous things about it and it's mainly one of the sculpts where you have to glue a single leg to the torso.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

can't wait to see the new Primaris Interlopers, Primaris Intracators, and the Primaris Infracaptors

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Passed 2k painted points of Iron Warriors so I took a family photo. Taking a photo of an entire army is hard.

Love it. Are there Havoks in there? I was thinking of getting some as auxiliaries for my weird little guys

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

ust lol that they're like "no you're not getting Fulgrim rules for 40K" though the wording is "this model isn't getting rules" so it's still possible they'll release a plastic version much later.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I might sound like a buzzkill but despite that Fulgrim model looking super cool it also looks incredibly fragile i would be scared of breathing on it let alone playing with it.

nah you're right, it looks like a nightmare to transport. also it's resin, which sucks to work with. beautiful model but full of red flags. so perfect for Fulgrim.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Am i wrong for thinking that i like the look and feel of the inceptors more than the new assault marines?

yes, hand in your gun and your badge and your other gun

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

But why do anything else than run towards the enemy? that's their whole point!

Things that would be cool for World Eaters to have:

- Berserkers on bikes
- A medium-to-short range heavy weapons squad designed around getting close to big armoured things to blow them up

EDIT:
- Terminators

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 13, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Kaal posted:

World Eaters should lean on the whole gladiator concept, so give some of them nets and tridents to throw around, offer some demonic lions to pal around with, maybe add some charioteers, and create some Murmillo Terminators a la Bioshock.

:hmmyes:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Was there one League supercomputer that had a .jpg of a stag and went "this looks cool" :corsair:

This is the funniest option so I choose to believe it's true. None of the Voltann have ever seen a stag, it's just something the Ancestor Cores spit out iconography of, so they just assume it's some mythical beast

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

lol wow, they really should not be attempting to portray space marines in any stance other than standing on a Heroic Rock or surrounded by Orks in a Pile Of Shooting Dudes. Those proportions are just comedic. Would love to see the MSPaint body outline for this one and the comedy that ensues.

:confused:

What do you mean? Looks accurate to me

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Would Hive Fleet Gorgon and Nurgle be friends? What with the poison and plague and whatnot?

Not really, Tyranids don't have individual souls and don't feel despair, and I'm not sure what the Shadow In The Warp does to human souls that die of the Tyranid Flu

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

xtothez posted:

Got to test drive a Norn Emissary last night alongside an assimilation swarm list

Sadly I didn't win, but the game was a solid learning experience. In particular I found out that DG are pretty scary, and not to underestimate their many anti-infantry weapons when I'm running an infantry-heavy list that relies on units not getting wiped out to regenerate! I definitely have a better idea how to play into them next time.

The norn and zoanthropes did great; holding the centre objective and being really tought to shift while also fighting through some terrible shooting phase rolls to still kill Morty.

I love how happy the aquarium plants look in the middle of a battle between horrible disease monsters and endless chittering bugs :allears:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

I would've honestly expected something like Toccata and Fugue in D minor, or O Fortuna. :v:

"In the Garden of Eden, by... I. Ron Butterfly"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

My opinion is this: Go fuckin hog wild with your hobby knife and glue. Defy the monopose chains that seek to bind you.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Assessor of Maat posted:

just lol if you aren't bashing together every marine squad from three different kits at minimum. that's the entire appeal of the fuckers

I worked out one of my weird little guys is made from 5 different kits, three of which are technically monopose.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Could you post a pic?

Actually I misremembered; the mini I was thinking of used 8 kits, but only 1 was strictly monopose.

- Skitarii Vanguard (head, legs)
- Orlock Gangers (pistol arm)
- Intercessors (pouches, shield)
- Corvus Cabal (claw arm)
- Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids (torso)
- Cawdor Gangers (belt bits)
- Necron Immortals (backpack)
- Unknown (blanket roll)

He's a bit different from my other weird little guys as there's less Cawdor in there - usually they're at least the upper torso or legs.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As if there’s no such thing as a woman who likes anime elves or space bugs, they MUST only stay away because they need a lady faction

I always found a lot of women played Tyranids, or at least liked them as a faction.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

S.J. posted:

I have no proof of this outside of what the books ended up being but I feel like the idea of there being a "writing team" at all is probably wishful thinking. I'd love to be wrong though.

There's definitely a Heresy collab channel of some kind, and there might also be an inner and outer circle thing going on with the "core" writers, but I don't have a source for that last part.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Their influencer program consists of people with big instagram accounts and/or big youtubes and/or websites like goonhammer. I'm not aware of a single point of contact if you wanted to try and email them with your pitch. Honestly I think there is no way they sponsor a WH club, especially since you don't have an angle like "teaching orphaned kids with cancer to play 40K".

Just like my opinion before bed though :)

A friend of mine makes youtube boardgame reviews, his channel isn't all that big but GW keep sending him poo poo (usually the release box sets or the "this game is an excuse to sell miniatures" boxed games), despite him telling them "hey that's outside the scope of my channel", so I guess what I'm saying is start a new job as a youtuber

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

DeceasedHorse posted:

The rumor is that the striking scorpions will also be redone, which makes more sense then a resin kill team

Just lol that Striking Scorpions will get another miniature before Warp Spiders

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Honestly? This doesn't look too bad as base coats. Basically do what Tangy Zizzle said next. Hit it with some washes, then go over it again in the base coat, leaving the darker shade in the recesses, then you can decide how to move on from there.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

this turned up in my feed and it just made me sad all over again about the World Eaters release :smith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

So, I love the idea of traitor loyalists as much as the next space marine fanboy, but I don’t think any chapter has ever actually been canonically confirmed as using traitor legion gene seed. Maybe the Silver Skulls? I vaguely remember reading something from ADB talking about how the fans love speculating but in actuality chapters using traitor gene seed would be considered horrific and heretical by even the weirdest marines, and irl the authors consider it a hack way to make a chapter interesting.

The guy who made Sons of the Phoenix is on record saying they have Dorn genes, iirc.

Yeah it's all just fun fan speculation. Personally I like the idea because it's a very hypocritical but realistic thing for the Imperium to do, and also means that turning to chaos isn't a genetic trait that the traitor legions couldn't escape. They dammned themselves.

Also the Sons of the Phoenix are extremely funny if they are actually built from Emperor's Children DNA, it's Cawl just daring someone to say something

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Eej posted:

The Detolf is no longer being made so if you want some do so before they run out

The replacement is the BLÅLIDEN, but it's a bit smaller, only comes with three shelves and there isn't really any after-market extra shelving options. I'm actually waiting for some screws and rubber stops from Ikea so I can test an additional shelf solution made from 3D printed brackets and perspex shelves.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 13, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This will make the 4th Striking Scorpion model.

Warp Spiders have... one.

Admech stilt-man is awesome.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

they should have gone full Extendar with it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's because they're wearing lifts what did you think I was going to say they're all Alpharius, grow up

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow the new models coming out look great Fulgrim especially sadly who ever buys that needs to never touch it ever again after assembling

it's all resin too, gently caress that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

They should make an Omegon in Terminator Armour

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

:hellyeah: that owns

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I wish he had the ability to telefrag people

*Orikan from off-screen* MONSTER KILL

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I was doing some more modelling yesterday

This guy is gonna be my Biophagus

This guy... I dunno what he'll be. Probably a brood brother squad made up of randoms

I love these weird little guys

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

loving christm- god dammit halloween was like two days ago. Someone get the big E on the line and get this poo poo declared heresy or something we need an actual, honest war on christmas to crush this poo poo before it spreads any further. The last war on christmas was a failure thanksgiving is already lost and now there's beachheads being built around halloween.

You can buy the Halloween Bloodbowl Team all year though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I love the dome heads on the Sicarian Infiltrators and if anyone has any going spare can you send them my way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

10 PRINT "HOWDY"
20 IF (YEE) THEN (HAW)
30 GOTO 10