Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
A contradiction best resolved by running only dreadnoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Playing against the Eldar CP's functionally unkillable wraithlord and Farseer/Guardian/Starcannon blob overwatching on a 4+ for free every turn on top of fate dice felt pretty bad tbh

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
You have to disembowel yourself with a chainsaw for maximum authenticity

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Dry fit people, always dry fit

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I assumed he was being sarcastic

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

https://bloodknife.com/improving-strategic-outcomes-for-the-black-crusade-xiv/

You find random 40k related articles in the weirdest places. This one made me chuckle at least a couple of times.

Comparing McKinsey & co. to Abaddon isn't very fair to Abaddon

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah the book is out in a few weeks, we can panic about it then. I'd rather address important questions like; Is the Jakhal's Skullmasher named that because it's literally a sphere of skulls, or because it's used to mash skulls?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

coelomate posted:

Diving into 10th edition, I hear people talk about missions and cards and stuff that I don't see in the core rules PDF (it's just got "Only War" in the back). Am I missing something?

There's a mission deck to add a lot of depth to your games, but it's only in the Leviathan box right now.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

you know, you can put the sponson guns somewhere else. there's no law that they have to be on the sponsons. coax with the main gun. put them on a pintle mount. give your russes tail gunners. just have some dudes on the hull with guns on swivels.

assembling a kit the way GW tells you to is admitting defeat.

+1 to this. I wasn't initially enthusiastic about firing arcs going away, but the space it's opened for conversion has been really great.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Chess is supposed to be fun?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Have they said one way or the other if revisions to the indexes beyond points are a possibility?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Weird Pumpkin posted:

The guy that was teaching me said one thing that he liked was that vehicles felt actually tough now, as opposed to previous editions where they seemed a lot more fragile.

Did they just over-rotate on that with the T10 stuff you mentioned? Or is it just the some total of the changes primarily ends up favoring larger, tougher models.

They boosted toughness, but then boosted some weapons (Lascannons, chainfists) to keep up and others (Meltaguns, powerfists) not at all. So a Ballistus Dread still cooked my Knight Despoiler but then a game later I watched Terminators bounce off a Rhino. It's very weird but I don't know if I have enough games to say it's definitely a fuckup yet.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
2 books each for two quarters and then 5 the quarter after that is odd

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Welcome to the hobby!

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Primarise Wolf Lord Krom so I can make a Master of Executions out of him

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

Nothing non-vanilla will be released for the vanilla SM codex launch. (I realize you also surely know this)

I geuss I did but I wasn't really thinking about it

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Has anyone said Infarctors yet

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

I've made the joke before and I'll make it again. :hehe:

Okay I looked it up and this is a masterpiece, good job

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I wouldn't call anything GW makes 'general audience'

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I would have liked to see a helmet option for the scouts

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Eej posted:

I assume you mean TS because DG has like as many models as CSM do I'm pretty sure (I will not research this assertion)
I don't even mind the number of WE units, we just need a few more really obvious character options

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I mean, battleshock as a whole needs a rethink, right? Or maybe just to not go away automatically at the beginning of your turn.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Sheep love Warhammer and have lots of discretionary income

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

they already exist and they're the single ugliest primaris kit in the game

Desolators aren't a gravis unit

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

a fatguy baldspot posted:

The flamers I agree, the barrels stick out ahead of the fists which would make punching awkward. The bolters look fine bc the barrels are shorter.
The sergeant's flamers have shorter barrels, suggesting maybe that they retract when it's time to throw hands.

Also they're Firebats, liking them is mandatory.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, combi-bolters are technically better now because things that save against MWs don't stop them. I'm probably still not taking WE terms.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Please Games Workshop. Please just realize that making the rules freely available lowers the barrier of entry to your game and makes you more money.

It probably doesn't though

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Hobby stuff
To clarify, I was saying it probably doesn't make more money; of course free rules juice model sales to some degree. Presumably the books also make money though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Berserkers should be WS 2+

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm having a blast playing World Eaters right now. A lord with a Terminator armor option would be nice, but aside from that I'm actually happy with what they have! Go throw the Emperor's Children a bone or two.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Bummed that there's no axe option, but I can fix that

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

JBP posted:

Ok cool thank you! So you don't have to run battleline units? I assume I miss out on something without them. I would probably want to run them with an executioner and dreadnoughts since I have those nicely painted. The terminators would basically be the next iteration of my custom chapter where the lads get serious about spess merehning.

Also sorry I will read the rules, but I might pull the trigger on some cheapo Leviathan splits.
You don't have to run battleline units, but they generally have better Objective Control stats.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I met the Perry bros at Games Day 2005 (blast from the past!) and idk if Michael ever got a better prosthetic but at the time he was using this extremely cool robot-arm clamp hand thing. He could still use the arm for sculpting, not in actually sculpting detail but to hold the model steady in a clamp while he worked on it with his left.

e: what happened iirc was he was “reloading” the cannon and the powder went off while his arm was in front of it

Games Day owned and they should bring it back

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Say what you will about the rules, the models are the best that they've ever been, what are you people talking about

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Has there been a single solitary version of Warhammer 40k where massed dudes with bolters was good in any way?

You know, this popped into my head as well, but I was out from 5th to 8th edition so I didn't want to say anything.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

Looks like it's the same one as before from the box with the Lt and the BrutaNought. The sergeant threw me off a bit but then I realized the other poses are exactly the same.

Do those guys really only have 3 poses?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Does anyone play 30k/Horus Heresy ITT? I’m giving serious thought to dipping a toe in but only if I can use my existing rhinos, predators, vindicators and land raider. I know there are Deimos pattern Horus heresy specific versions of some of these, just curious about how different they are and how likely the community is to frown upon that sort of thing.

I can tell you that the 30k and 40k Rhinos are identical in footprint. I use a 30k one in my 40k World Eaters list and it never even occurred to me that someone might have an issue with it. We do have a dedicated 30k thread you can ask in as well.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm working on some rhinos right now and hoping I can get them to look as good.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

rantmo posted:

I finished assembling my Impulsor tonight, mostly. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this stupid hover base thing? I understand that one half is for the base (which I have glued to said base) and the other half attaches to the underside of the vehicle but are you supposed to just attach them to their respective halves and then rotate it so that the thing isn't at some insane angle? It was a fun kit to assemble except for that one part, which is just baffling.

I mean that's it, it lets you pose your hovertank flying flat, elevating, banking, crash landing, etc. I thought it was pretty clever honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Hive fleet thicc