Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
So, I've been way out of the miniatures games for a while, but...

Imperial/Chaos Knights. I like the look of them but are they any fun to play/play against?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

better imo, but it's probably just the paintjob too.

He's got cute little kitty paw pads on his palms!!

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Do we know anything about the upcoming Orks codex? I was looking at 9ths and while I'm not big on the Beastsnaggas (except the Kill Rig, that whips rear end) I love all the Ork cars that must have appeared in like 8th or something, I dunno, I haven't paid attention to 40k since the times when you had to roll on a table to see whether your attacks against vehicles shook up the crew or cooked off the ammo stores or whathaveyou. I remember working at a hobby store when aircraft were introduced and thinking they didn't belong, and that they were better represented by something like what stratagems are. Also, stratagems! Those are cool. Good job GW.

Anyway, Orks. Whats the word?

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

given that the new box includes a stompa, “dred mob” is basically a given

A stompa?? I thought those were Titans.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
It feels like a lot more of the storytelling components have been pushed into the campaign rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Ashcans posted:

So as mentioned above, during this period GW as not producing many miniatures, and all of them were basically one-off metal figures - there was very little in the way of variations and kits to make squads from. Rather than a box of marines, you would be buying a blister pack (plastic clamshell) that had 3-5 random figures:

The first thing that caught my eye is that the top two, maybe three rows is all actors from the 60's Batman TV show. Also I'm seeing Christopher Reeves and Richard Basehart. Are those the original names?