Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so unpacking all of my stuff after moving (three years ago) and digging through all my stuff i have eh like 20k points of old (circa like 2003-2009)dark angels models and a bunch of forgeworld stuff, they still playable with the new stuff or do i have to spend like 10 brajillion dollars on new slightly taller and more attractive spacemans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so just new rulebook and codex then? i havent played since like 4th or 5th edition i just spent way too much money 20 something years ago

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Thanks!

honestly most of my FW stuff is weird fluffy stuff anyways like land speeder tempests and Damocles command rhino stuff with some of the wirder land raider varients. the titans and the thunderhawk were always pretty much oh cool 10 billion points exploding on no later than turn 2 so not that worried about it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uh... please correct me if im wrong but did land speeders just stop existing or did they sell them all to the imperial guard?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
legends just means you can play this casually if your opponent is ok with it right? never been much of a powergamey guy i just liked fielding wierd models and armies that were def not min maxed

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
pssht ok nbd then. aint trying to be competitive i just occasionally like to do weird poo poo like all scouts and scout bikes infiltrating or just fun stuff.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i am prob showing my whole old edition rear end here but didnt they have like a +5 invuln even back in the day?

on bikes with dual lighning claws was legal in 4th which was stupid. (amazing)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
is devastating wounds like even remotely as cool as rending used to be?

sorry for asking all these dumb questions.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if it comes down to it yes. but if you are painting for an award yeah dont ignore stuff, for table sure who cares.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
youd want it bare plastic to plastic. and superglue eh you dont need. plastic weld is the legit way to go this is my opinion obviously, im sure other people who are current know better but just my 2c metal or resin superglue, but wiggled plasticweld will do a way better bond that wont just pop off when dropped (usually)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

this poo poo

https://www.amazon.com/Plastruct-Plastic-Weld-applicator-Bottle/dp/B00FDFWJD8

seriously. squish it a bit, wiggle it around and its essentially one piece if its plastic to plastic.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i just liked it because i could apply at the seams and it would wick into the joint. if there is something cheaper im all about it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/hUarwkHFeE7fCjMC.pdf

apparently so

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im biased to when i could sweeping advance 6" my assault terminators with a chappie rerolling all hits and wounds after finishing off another unit. it was either 4th or 5th

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
might want to go with a gorgon, scale seems more accurate. that dont look like 10 russes could fit in there.
e:

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/Gorgon-Armoured-Assault-Transport-2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
razor saw and steel ruler, just score and snap depending on thickness. use clamps or those grippy vice clamps to keep your guide in place

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
end and the death volume 3 collectors edition

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
and they are gone.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
already on ebay for 300-400 good job GW stopping the scalpers.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eej posted:

Out of all the possible marine boxes a DA themed one purely made up of Terminators is definitely gonna sell out the fastest

if i didnt have like 15 squads of termies id be keen on it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

Ok so I'm working on my pseudo Capitol Imperialis and I'm looking at vehicle weapons to throw on top of it to make it look cooler.

Does anyone have any experience with the following bits?

Basically I just need to know the dimensions of the undersides of these bits and if they'll fit into the holes on the topside of the vehicle:

ok damocles is standard rhino turret sized.

hyperios is also rhino turret sized respectively

dont know the rest.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

My problem is I'm unsure of how big that hole on the Rhino is that the weapon sits in though since I don't own any official GW vehicles at all. Same with the Legion Sicaran.

oh. when i get home I'll measure one for you nbd

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

My problem is I'm unsure of how big that hole on the Rhino is that the weapon sits in though since I don't own any official GW vehicles at all. Same with the Legion Sicaran.

Just measured. 1 inch or 25.4 mm

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
twss

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
bet you money dollars its either a std rhino 1/2 inch front hatch or a razorback+ 1 inch

hell you can take a helios launcher off a land raider and just stick it in the front hatch on a rhino

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
as a DA dude who has ravenwing...

that master bump the round for strategic reserves is pretty neato.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dark angels "wing" lists have always had weird rules like that. terminators/bikers/speeders count as troops, deep strike doesnt scatter stuff like that so not really suprising.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
id like to say because its a one trick pony.

ok you can take terminators as troops but its all terminators and thats it except for ded transports.

same with ravenwing

no idea with new codex though

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/17/battling-with-deathwing-terminators-a-gamers-guide/

deathwing.

:getin:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
knights look poo poo.

i agree 2 squads of assault termies 4x LCs and a thunderhammer storm shield sgt

knights for 5 models with a power weapon look poo poo for 290 points

oh and chaplain with terminator armor if the rules still hold up for extra sass.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 17, 2024

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gonna echo previous poster on vallejo white.

sepia tone with whatever flow poo poo i used to use. (ill look) highlight from bone and add white in increments for highlights.

also.

(god im giving this away for free)

toothbrush dipped in thinned but scarlet red makes for some great blood spatter.

just run your thumb along it close to the model.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ok so that knights page shows mace of absolution being an option? maybe just the sergeant? I dont have any knight since they are relatively newer. but if the collector book experience is par, i dont know if i want to sit in a 4 hour queue just to see sold out again on the box

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i guess we'll see

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
resin yes. fiber nah it'll bug you and you wont get good detail.

assuming you are talking about these guys

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/heavy-beaky-helmet-sergeant-and-halo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
kommandos

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
after literally 20 years of 40k as a DA primary

lol

lmfao.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 19, 2024

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the only thing new to me from literally 20 years ago is the stupid queue and scalping thing. GW making things worse and making things always slightly worse than smurfs has kinda been par for the course, i think the rare exception was when Black templars first came out

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
huh. looking at the stats, i stand corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eej posted:

We didn't have statistics 20 years ago it was just a bunch of guys yelling about what they thought was good over beers

at the time my LGS got irked about the beers but you arent wrong