Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

wins32767 posted:

Accursed cultists with an attached dark council.

I hear they do their deeds family cheap for their point cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stephenls posted:

So should they call the eventual revised Land Speeder Storm kit the Storm Speeder Storm, or the Storm Speeder Land?

They will include modifications made by Jason Storm and call it Storm's Land Speeder.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I had to search for it, here's the US link
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-pod-2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There was a meat grinder mission in an old White Dwarf from the 90s. Space Marines set up I'm the middle of the table in a heavily fortified position. The tyranid player sets up however they want as long as it's within 6 inches of a table edge. No terrain other than the central bunker complex.

Space marine player gets 2000 points, tyranid player gets 750 but when a unit is destroyed it reenters from reserves at any table edge.

First three turns are night fight rules, but the SM players get 4 spotlights to target units and ignore the penalty.

Goal for the marine player is to not get tabled before the thunderhawks arrive after turn 6.

It was shortly after Starcraft came out so they likely drew some inspiration from there.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And then hype got flattened when the prices leaked. $50 for a box of four drop pods.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The orks used to be so chaotic and resistant to the warp that they freaked out bloodetters/thirsters. They used to be able to field a possessed ork that was still in full control and his terrified bloodthirster along for the ride.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know of any guides or have any tips on how to kitbash my own Nartheciums?

I had a kinda dumb idea to model a squad of Primaris Vanguard Vets/rear end marines that all double as Apothecaries, the thought being that the Celestial Lions are so hosed for numbers right now that they have begun having veterans also perform double duty so that as little geneseed goes unrecovered as possible.

This in addition to the influence of the Black Templars advisors and their low numbers resulting in an increasing divergence from Codex organizational norms.

Do you have any spare chain swords? Cut half an inch from the tip for the saw part, and use a pencil sharpener on a little bit of extra sprue for the drill. Then just smooth out a little bit of green stuff on the gauntlet to serve as the housing unit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Huh, so the chaos poster boy for 40k started life as a librarian?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For me it's Abe from Oddworld.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Did the original article say they'd unveiled "about half" the new Kroot, or "about half" the new models coming with the T'au codex?

They specifically called out that it's half of the models coming for Kroot. So that's maybe two models left, a flier that can deep strike seems possible since they intend the Kroot to be unable on their own.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tangy Zizzle posted:

I guess maybe it's the "solar" part of the name that gets me

Are they shooting artillery on the moons of jupiter or some poo poo or what

I think its Solar as in Macharius and not System.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I want to say the mind control was there from the first codex, but the implication was that Ethereals had some sort of pheromone that made people around them more open to suggestion. It wasn't even sure if the Ethereals knew about it themselves.

It was a lore blurb about them gathering all the warring factions together in one place and getting them all work together despite centuries of violence in the space of 1 night.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know if it was in the original codex but he fought Chaos and realized the Etherals were hiding it's existence from the other castes.

Arks of Omen opened up the likelihood that his blade is a daemon weapon of Khorne that adds the lifeforce of the beings killed with it to the bearer and that's how he's lived for 300 years. He fell to the corrupting influence and became an avatar of Khorne before being to fight his way back to sanity.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

soviet elsa posted:

Am I crazy or isn't it that you can put fewer dudes in a squad of 20 (or whatever big size) to make room for boxes of weird numbers?

Not that I think anyone is going to complain about fewer enemy models for the same points but well, someone probably will.

e: insert joke about GW charging more money for fewer dudes per box here.

The 16 man boxes are generally from a time where the heavy weapons options where sold separately in metal. So a box of 16 and 2 clampacks of heavy weapons would get you to 1 unit of 20 or 2 of 10. Course when they started that in the early 2000s, the box of 16 was $24 and the clamshells were $8 apiece.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Frog Act posted:

So with the Inquisitorial Agents killteam, is it possible to build all the “alternative” models? I don’t care about the autosavant, really, but would love to have both guardsmen variations. Though I suppose it being playable as a killteam is a secondary consideration

Depends on how comfortable you are with making molds with blue stuff.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

OctaMurk posted:

Seems like they should have to legally, to protect their models with design patents I would think the sculptor would have to be labeled. Unless they dont need design patents for minis

I mean I'm sure they track who did the job internally. They probably just don't make it public anymore for the same reason they didn't credit single writers for codices anymore

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Geisladisk posted:

On the other hand this means that all the assembly points are hidden in a really clever way so that the seams between the parts won't be visible.

I good counterpoint are the 30 year old skeleton sprues that just rereleased with The Old World. Spending more time clearing mold lines and flash than building the models.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Decorus posted:

I made the mistake of assuming that Armigers only came one per box (70€). How are they so cheap?!?! A basic Knight costs 140€ on GWs site, so you're right that it puts the total at just about 40% discount.

More generally I can't see a way to balance any kind of Combat Patrol for Knights either.

Plus a 40% discount is a lot higher than they're willing to give with the new Combat Patrol boxes. The 10th edition releases so far have been like 18-28%

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

stoopidmunkey posted:

When this image first showed, Votann was where *redacted* now is so I’m still hoping for more space dwarves

They said when Votann get their book it'll be with a lot of new model support to round out the army. A summer release for that would put it on top of the new AoS box and they seem to want avoid stacking like that to avoid strained production lines.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nessus posted:

As I enter the end stages of building this combat patrol box, I wanted to ask what the recommendation would be for which of the Marine boxes to obtain. The generic brand Space Marine was... underwhelming, although I suspect it might still be a money saver with the two champion units. However, I'm not sure how deeply committed the various boxes are to the specific fluff of those armies, and there are like four. Advice welcome on the best bargain/most flexible choice.

Look for 9th edition combat patrol boxes, the ones released since 10th cane out have been more expensive with a lower savings.

If you can find a Space Marine combat patrol from 9th its a pretty good deal. Gets you a tank, and some infiltration units to back up the 10th editions contents.

If I'm understanding you correctly and you already have the 10 edition combat patrol.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If the cost is similar to Imperium it about $1,100 spread out over just under 2 years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's a shame they shoving the old GSC court into the KT box. Don't know any GSC player that needs more of those. The new platoons look great, but I could spend just as much money on a Guard Combat patrol or a little extra on the recent battlfeforce and swap some heads around.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What sucks is that, going by recent GW decisions, buying the KT units separately for your 40k armies is going to just be more expensive than just buying the box set.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was thinking more along the lines of last season vs. This season so far. Last season the star was the terrain, so if you were interested you could pick the teams up later for $50. This season, the box with both Killteams, terrain and the books was $130 while the two teams are $65 and $75.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It wasn't part of the presentation but they revealed the contents of the combat patrol box for chaos

Master of the Possessed
10 cultists
10 legionaires
5 possessed

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Going back quite a few years in fact. At least it's gotten better, when they started doing this it be those battle boxes where if you wanted the HQ model, you'd have to split the box or get a bunch of models for an army you don't collect. Both models will be available by the end of the year at a premium.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hope no one tells Josh about the meat cubes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They are, and I've heard some bad reviews on the quality. Shedding and cracking after the first game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And the Votann play up the Xenos belief from the Imperium to avoid getting dragged into their bullshit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm kinda of surprised they got kept in the Custodes book with the Imperial Agents supposedly right around the corner.

Though I guess they could still be there too, replacing the SoB as the main force of the Ordo Hereticus.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What about Kroot? The base troops are going pretty cheap from resellers piecing out the army set.

And feathers are some of the more popular and easy accents to make with green stuff so there's plenty of tutorials.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 14, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

They can be metal too, but the majority is resin.

You'll have to pay attention to the item description when they go up on Saturday, because the article doesn't mention it.

The Coming Next Week video said all the MTO stuff is metal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AndyElusive posted:

I'm convinced that the Ork players are the heart and soul of the hobby and if GW was smart they'd switch gears and cater to them for like an entire goddamn year instead of giving Space Marines stuff every other week. Just release upgrade kits and greeble boxes and an endless supply of stuff they can use for literally everything.

Don't you remember Orktober!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
GW had hyped Orktober as this big love letter to Ork players for like two months. And then radio silence until the last weekend where they announce two new buggy sculpts and a fomo board game that would get you early access to them.

It became a meme in the death thread as a sign of how bad GW had gotten.