Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

A grip of noise varients for existing stuff is the easy win (new noise marine sculpts, bring back the noise dreads or at least make noise helbrutes, etc.), corrupted Palatine Blades melee focused Legionaries or Chosen, Phoenix Guard terminator sculpts, Eidolon character model (probably happening), a new Lucius (probably happening), and whatever else the people paid to think of units can come up with. This gives EC about as much new stuff as World Eaters got

Edit: And maybe don't remove as many core CSM units this time like you did from WE, and give them back to those guys as well

D O O M R I D E R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Another flavor of Dark Mechanicus could be similar to these fellas from Blackstone Fortress

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Sharkopath posted:

Ah yes, noble electro priests of the omnissiah.

Ahem, "Negavolt Cultists"

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Safety Factor posted:

I figured it'd come down to Angron or the Lion this time around. I was honestly surprised to see Farsight rank third. It's not really in the same category as the other two. I assumed the new AoS manticore rider would be up there.

I personally voted for the Lion because of how good the face sculpt was. Yeah, the sword is boring and I personally don't like the backpack, but the model is genuinely excellent with a lot of subtle details. Plus, I'm a Dark Angels player so I'm biased as hell.

Was it ever explained why Farsight has the DA tetragrammaton on his armor? I didn't read any of the books surrounding all the campaigns/releases around that time.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Demilich posted:

Taking stock of my armor, trying to figure out what to add to the warband:

1 Mastodon

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Hive Fleet Quackin

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Cease to Hope posted:

long-term rumors are that everyone in this thread will die at some point.

Heresy. I am a perpetual.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Tau was originally substituted in for Dao or Tao, as they were meant to represent Eastern religious philosophies. GW did not want to utilize the the direct name, for obvious reasons, and they also needed something to fit their fake latin/greek, so Tau was the natural choice. So you could pronounce it "Dow" if you wanted to call back to their origins, or "Tow" like the Greek letter to match what is written.

The T'au that is spoken of is not the true T'au.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Each skull is bespoke, unique, and crafted lovingly by hand. You can't just cut and paste a skull. You have to will it into existence and imbue it with a bit of your own soul.

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 11, 2024

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Two Beans posted:

e: oops. Quote is not edit

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They are, and I've heard some bad reviews on the quality. Shedding and cracking after the first game.

Yep, the paint comes off easily as shown in this Snipe and Wib vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmdkyoSi2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The point of using lahmian medium on decals isn't to act like a varnish to protect them, it's just a quick and easy way of dulling down the sheen of the decals to match the matt-ness of the paint.

That said, you can probably get the same effect with a matt varnish anyway.