Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Nooner posted:

I'll use the billion to buy another billion lotto tickets and win a bunch more times

copy cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Start a charitable foundation with half of it plus a dollar so if any of my sketchy relatives crawl out of the woodwork, I can tell em to gently caress off, I'm spending it all digging wells in Africa.

Buy one of those abandoned missile silos and build the world's best gay sex dungeon in it.

Build a huge monument in the middle of the desert that has a bunch of heiroglyphics and cuneiform saying poo poo like how I invented the airplane. When I die bury myself in the middle and know that I'll be loving with the heads of archaeologists in the 68th century.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'd build a luxury rocket ship for billionaire space-tourists, then shoot em into the sun

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Buce posted:

i'd build a luxury rocket ship for billionaire space-tourists, then shoot em into the sun

It is probably cheaper and easier to get the result you're looking for with a submarine. You can't get them to 'the sun', but complete obliteration of the body is well within reach.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
id buy this site and shut it down, freeing us all from its clutches

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Junk posted:

id buy this site and shut it down, freeing us all from its clutches

I can log out whenever I want to

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 chicks at the same time!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I usually play the regular Lotto once it starts getting high enough that, after taxes and penalties, the lump sum would still be enough to facilitate a lifetime of shiftless living at a middle class level, stop after someone else wins, then resume when it starts getting high enough again. My irrational thinking is to ignore the big jackpots because fate doesn’t like me enough to give me $900 million, but $9 million might be interpreted as a rounding error and ignored.

But if I DID win a billion I would slice off a bit for my my wife and I to live on, then spend the rest to fund a Eastern European hacker organization that existed purely to continually terrorize tv, streaming, and movie studios into not making trash. At very least, once we’re caught, the This American Life segment on us would be interesting.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

he cant decide if he wants to buy or rent

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
1.3 billies. american lottos are nuts lol. here in canada the big one gets up to 70 mil. no tax and all lump sum tho. but christ even 5-10 mil is easily enough for me to live comfortably and never work again

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

1.3 billies. american lottos are nuts lol. here in canada the big one gets up to 70 mil. no tax and all lump sum tho. but christ even 5-10 mil is easily enough for me to live comfortably and never work again

Both the big lotteries down here (Powerball and Mega Millions) changed their methods to increase the jackpots in the last 4 years.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
every day that passes, the amount of money that i'd need to win or inherit to quit my job decreases. right now i'm around $550,000

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Buy land and plant forests.

What the stupid fuckbird said

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would exchange it for 1.74 billion Canadian dollars, bigger number equals better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I would exchange it for 1.74 billion Canadian dollars, bigger number equals better

and that's just basic math. number's don't lie

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I've always wondered how I'd quit my job if I won. If I just walked out the door somebody would figure out I'd won the lottery, which would be bad news. But I'd have no motivation to work at all. I guess I'd probably eventually get fired for poor attendance or something.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A Fancy Hat posted:

I've always wondered how I'd quit my job if I won. If I just walked out the door somebody would figure out I'd won the lottery, which would be bad news. But I'd have no motivation to work at all. I guess I'd probably eventually get fired for poor attendance or something.

I'd be real low-key about it until I'd retained both an accountant and a lawyer, then I'd just put in my two weeks and tell them I'm retiring early.

That's always been my end goal; barring financial setbacks or anything, my wife and I try and invest at least 20% of our gross income a year, so I could sit there and tell them I'd been doing that for a while with a straight face because it's true.

They just don't have to know that I had a windfall that shaved about eight years off my plan lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ok real answer: id build a giant underwater television / speaker system and park it somewhere in the atlantic and try to uplift whales and dolphins through programmed education and a standardized language

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'd yell and scream, I'M RISH BISH

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

every day that passes, the amount of money that i'd need to win or inherit to quit my job decreases. right now i'm around $550,000

i do this math from time to time, but the number keeps going u🅱️

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

id hire a ring of international assassins to topple the american health insurance industry and have them secretly threaten politicians until we get universal healthcare.

also id buy a modestly sized house with a small yard so me and my wife could relax and my dog could frolic and poo poo in peace. maybe a privacy fence so me and my wife could frolic and poo poo in peace as well if we wished.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
1 word: doubles. of every calssic car. and triples of the baracuda and roadrunner

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tropical property

Mountain property

City property

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’ll be nice to have my net worth doubled

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i would poo poo my pants

then my first purchase would be gold plated poo poo-proof pants

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

A Fancy Hat posted:

"I got a remote contracting job, bye"

Spend a few hours a day trumposting to keep up the facade

redshirt posted:

Tropical property

Mountain property

City property

Goon commune 2.0

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

cumpantry posted:

id buy this site of course ;-)

And then turn it into something useful, like a big toilet.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Extra row of tits posted:

turn the whole website into gbs? oh wow

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Extra row of tits posted:

"turn it into"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fully furnished Bat Cave with contractor's silence.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i'm going to buy two of every car i liked in gran turismo

one to be a collector's item and one to put dumb giant turbos and built motors in

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
going to just keep it in the bank and keep working at my current job because I've never had the luxury of being able to not care whether i get fired or not

when that gets boring, I'll probably just move somewhere really cold, build a cool house, and never be seen again

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Southern Cassowary posted:

i'm going to buy two of every car i liked in gran turismo

one to be a collector's item and one to put dumb giant turbos and built motors in

I’m going to buy two Margot Robbies, one to be married to and the other to also be married to.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
An extra TWO rows of tits

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’d probably buy an MRI machine and hire staff to administer full body scans on me weekly while I’m doped up on midazolam or ketamine, so I can finally be free of the demon hypochondria.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Change my voter registration and start bitching about minorities, immigrants and poors not bootstrapping their way to success like myself.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Nova Scotia....

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Maybe have some people killed and therapy

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I always joke “$10 million dollars in lotto! I could have nine people killed!”

Because everyone else would have to behave, I still have a million bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
I'd buy Twitter. It's value should be down to a billion or so by now and take my turn flying it into the ground.