Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

I'd buy Twitter. It's value should be down to a billion or so by now and take my turn flying it into the ground.

I'd rename it "W"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I know it's a stand up joke from some comedian I can't remember but the best "If I Won The Lottery" idea was buying expensive cakes for lovely people on their birthday, and give them no actual material gift. "Hey Happy Birthday! I got you a $1,000,000 cake!"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Extra row of tits posted:

I always joke “$10 million dollars in lotto! I could have nine people killed!”

Because everyone else would have to behave, I still have a million bucks.

Looks like we're moving into the 'What wouldn't you do for $9m?' questions.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Windows 98 posted:

I know it's a stand up joke from some comedian I can't remember but the best "If I Won The Lottery" idea was buying expensive cakes for lovely people on their birthday, and give them no actual material gift. "Hey Happy Birthday! I got you a $1,000,000 cake!"

Happy birthday, here's a $1,000,000 birthday cake and a trip to the Titanic.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

redshirt posted:

I'd rename it "W"

"Harry Potato's Semiracist Funhouse"

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Outrail posted:

It’s not that millionaires “sub” is it?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Outrail posted:

Man, you don't even think you could build another titanic for that much? What a poo poo up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

It’s not that millionaires “sub” is it?

Of course not, this is the Titin, totally different. Very safe. Ignore the duct tape.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Sounds legit.

I’m in!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Hire some people, start making games. Also sponsor creative people making stuff.

Like I'd go find people making games -- good ideas, they've laid some groundwork -- then talk to them, find them people to fill in where they're lacking (artists, musicians, programmers, whatever) and pay them a fair wage to work with the person's small project. Then make connections with streamers -- not big ones, maybe a bunch of smaller ones -- to stream said completed game. That way a bunch of people land gigs, a tiny game gets made bigger and better than it would have otherwise, and streamers get some extra revenue promoting it. Everyone benefits.

I have no idea how many times or how long I'd be able to do it.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I’d do that Mitt Romney rich guy thing and take over companies, saddle them with a bunch of debt and make them go bankrupt, but only companies that own rental properties.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Smik posted:

Hire some people, start making games. Also sponsor creative people making stuff.

Like I'd go find people making games -- good ideas, they've laid some groundwork -- then talk to them, find them people to fill in where they're lacking (artists, musicians, programmers, whatever) and pay them a fair wage to work with the person's small project. Then make connections with streamers -- not big ones, maybe a bunch of smaller ones -- to stream said completed game. That way a bunch of people land gigs, a tiny game gets made bigger and better than it would have otherwise, and streamers get some extra revenue promoting it. Everyone benefits.

I have no idea how many times or how long I'd be able to do it.

Sounds lame as hell tbh

Just do a bunch of heroin like a cool person

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Smugworth posted:

I can log out whenever I want to

Pretty sure your log out button still has the shrink wrap plastic still on it, so be honest, it's never been touched....

....but I guess you still "could" log out at anytime, you just haven't, and unfortunately probably won't....

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm winning the lottery as we speak.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I want to use my wealth to buy two blimps and crash them into each other to see what kind of sound they made.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
I will go all Ross Perot and try to buy the presidency. I just want the Diet Coke button bur I'll take the rest I guess.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i would pay people to cook and clean and stop working and just do fun stuff everyday, the ultimate fantasy, a manchild with no shame

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
real talk tho if you win the lottery you should tell absolutely no one. The only words to come out of your mouth should be to an army of lawyers and financial advisors. Once your estate is in order and you have sufficient legal counsel you can start making decisions on the money and telling select family members. Most people who win the lottery end up having every acquaintance you've ever met start badgering you or suing you. Your old boss, your lovely cousin, the friends with kids who have medical bills. They all come out of the woodworks. And you should have some generosity to the people in your life, but that generosity needs guidelines and legal backing.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Overdog posted:

What a poo poo up

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Windows 98 posted:

real talk tho if you win the lottery you should tell absolutely no one. The only words to come out of your mouth should be to an army of lawyers and financial advisors. Once your estate is in order and you have sufficient legal counsel you can start making decisions on the money and telling select family members. Most people who win the lottery end up having every acquaintance you've ever met start badgering you or suing you. Your old boss, your lovely cousin, the friends with kids who have medical bills. They all come out of the woodworks. And you should have some generosity to the people in your life, but that generosity needs guidelines and legal backing.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I've won the lottery of life

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Windows 98 posted:

I always joke “$10 million dollars in lotto! I could have nine people killed!”

Because everyone else would have to behave, I still have a million bucks.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Windows 98 posted:

f u i'm telling my mum :mad:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im withdrawing it all in cash and livestreaming myself setting it on fire

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm taking the whole $300 million and putting it into NFTs.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

f u i'm telling my mum :mad:

I was thinking,”I guess I’ll just have to lie to my mom about what I do for a living and set up, like, monthly payments to her?” Then I remembered that I recently let slip that someone she worked with was getting a divorce and, while I was pretty sure it was common knowledge, I wasn’t completely certain. So I asked her not to mention it at work, just pretend I didn’t mention that. She said she would.

A month later she texted me to notify my that my friend was getting a divorce. Like she thought this would be news to me.

What I’m saying is, if I tell her to pretend I didn’t win the lottery, she may actually forget I did*.

She says her doctors say there’s no sign of dementia. I think they are incorrect.

*I am not going to win the lottery because I don’t buy lottery tickets.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was watching about a video about someone who hadn't redeemed a ticket yet and apparently the lottery commission of the state and the news were showing the store security camera footage of the ticket being bought to try to identify the buyer before time ran out.

Are you f'n kiddin' me!?

Imagine if you did everything right with your $1.8B ticket to keep people from finding out and the manager of the local Gas-n-Go decided to post your face on Youtube or Tiktok from the security camera.

Like every community has the 'that guy' that would be instantly found out by someone. He'd be a dead man before they could get it redeemed.

Aug 7, 2023
when i win the lottery i'll spend the proceeds on new threads for somethingawful

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was watching about a video about someone who hadn't redeemed a ticket yet and apparently the lottery commission of the state and the news were showing the store security camera footage of the ticket being bought to try to identify the buyer before time ran out.

Are you f'n kiddin' me!?

Imagine if you did everything right with your $1.8B ticket to keep people from finding out and the manager of the local Gas-n-Go decided to post your face on Youtube or Tiktok from the security camera.

Like every community has the 'that guy' that would be instantly found out by someone. He'd be a dead man before they could get it redeemed.

What

No lol. Lottery winners tell virtually no one and immediately vanish and go stay with friends and family quietly while they're getting their affairs in order. As for the ticket, even if someone tried to kill you or something, there'd be no way to be sure you had it on you or something just walking around. Plus, many states require lottery winners over a certain $ amount to publicly declare themselves, and aren't allowed to claim it under a trust fund or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

What

No lol. Lottery winners tell virtually no one and immediately vanish and go stay with friends and family quietly while they're getting their affairs in order. As for the ticket, even if someone tried to kill you or something, there'd be no way to be sure you had it on you or something just walking around. Plus, many states require lottery winners over a certain $ amount to publicly declare themselves, and aren't allowed to claim it under a trust fund or something.

Except for your Mum.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Even if someone tried to kill you or something

That's that good paranoia

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

redshirt posted:

Except for your Mum.

She cannot be hidden nor vanish

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I would buy one of those foldable bendy screen phones, you know the ones, and import no contacts from my old phone, because why would I want to talk to those losers any more.
Then I'd get the most expensive mobile network with the max GBs.
And then I'd buy the best video card that had like 4 huge fans on it.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
buy all the girls on my block silver plated six shooters and a quart of the finest highland scotch

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

covidstomper58 posted:

I would buy one of those foldable bendy screen phones, you know the ones, and import no contacts from my old phone, because why would I want to talk to those losers any more.
Then I'd get the most expensive mobile network with the max GBs.
And then I'd buy the best video card that had like 4 huge fans on it.

You need a Nvidia a100 or 2. Fans are for the weak.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I’d build the biggest dick sucking factory this world has ever seen

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

JediTalentAgent posted:

Are you f'n kiddin' me!?

There was a dude who mailed in his winning ticket which was about to expire (after a year). He used bog normal postage and included a letter saying he was pretty sure he had won but hadn’t got around to checking the numbers.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Pinche Rudo posted:

I’d build the biggest dick sucking factory this world has ever seen

Proving the fact that all billionaires suck. Imagine putting your own mother out of business like that?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Proving the fact that all billionaires suck. Imagine putting your own mother out of business like that?

:perfect:

I could have sworn we had a “NOICE!” Smiley, but I couldn’t find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Get two ribs removed