Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
purchased around 3 years ago. at least one bottle of sparkling water a day, saving around 1095 plastic bottles from the landfill (and that’s a very, very low estimate)

do you get busy with the fizzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
https://youtu.be/gN8TUz4SIak

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

One at home and one at work, bubly drops are the way to go.

There was a good cucumber one that was discontinued. Anyone know if any other off-brand flavor drops are good?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

RavenousScoot posted:

One at home and one at work, bubly drops are the way to go.

There was a good cucumber one that was discontinued. Anyone know if any other off-brand flavor drops are good?

sweet bird is this newish posh brand that UK cafes use a lot for expensive coffee/fizzy drinks

they usually cost about £3.50 upwards but you just get one of these for a tenner, get the squirter for accurate dosage and it’s basically the highest tier of soda you can find.

superior and only bad ingredient is sugar. 4 squirts for takeoff baby.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Nah yeah. I got one.

This is my chosen additive.

I also use spring water just to be fancy.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I had access to one for a few years but it wasn't mine. They're pretty aight, I liked a lot of the syrups.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i get this sticky guy to make my sodas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEIMWCBOwZc

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I've been thinking about getting a sodastream, yes

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

those bubbles slaps

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
No, I do not support the genocide of the Palestinian people.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
we got the aarke soda thing, it takes the same co2 cans as the soda stream and we use baking oils for the flavourings. i dont use it every day but a good bit.

downside is that their plastic bottle expires which i find weird.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's great to have one at home, you can just pump the carbon dioxide directly into your mouth :razzy:

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I had one but it produces terrible carbonated water to say nothing of the endless hunt for soda syrups that aren't total poo poo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'd like to get one of these but there's a few things

1. Aren't most of the syrups just awful
2. The loud rear end noise of carbonating the water would probably scare the poo poo out of my cats and annoy my wife if I have to do it multiple times a day
3. The biggest bottle is like 1L right, so you might have to charge it multiple times a day, and then also if you want to make it cost efficient you need to go and get one of those $50 adapters from ebay and also get CO2 from a sporting goods store fairly regularly which is a pain.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

2. The loud rear end noise of carbonating the water would probably scare the poo poo out of my cats and annoy my wife if I have to do it multiple times a day
3. The biggest bottle is like 1L right, so you might have to charge it multiple times a day, and then also if you want to make it cost efficient you need to go and get one of those $50 adapters from ebay and also get CO2 from a sporting goods store fairly regularly which is a pain.

Just build a sound-proof soda room

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

I'd like to get one of these but

What? Just order the co2 online from Sodastream and push a button to make your water bubbly.

Soda stream rules

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

wtf you doin, india

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

Just charge like six bottles and keep them in the fridge nice and screwed tight.

The noise isn't much different than turning on a tap.

Its slightly cheaper than purchasing soda water, and you're making far less plastic waste.

You can also make simple syrup very very cheaply. We made a lavender and pea flower soda recently that was kinda nice but mostly just drink the fizzy bubbly straight up.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Drunk Nerds posted:

What? Just order the co2 online from Sodastream and push a button to make your water bubbly.

Soda stream rules

It's bigly cheaper to get it from a party supply or sporting goods store (supposedly from what I saw like a year ago on some subreddit that broke down the math)

Poohs Packin posted:

Just charge like six bottles and keep them in the fridge nice and screwed tight.

The noise isn't much different than turning on a tap.

Its slightly cheaper than purchasing soda water, and you're making far less plastic waste.

You can also make simple syrup very very cheaply. We made a lavender and pea flower soda recently that was kinda nice but mostly just drink the fizzy bubbly straight up.

If I'm drinking soda it's from cans and it's diet, I generally try to avoid plastics.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You guys are going to destroy your teeth with these syrups, that sounds super gross

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

True, my teeth look like Shane MacGowan's did in the 2000s, except even better looking

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Soda stream into the toilet

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hey guys, what does a japanese horse drink?

Soda neigh ;)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

No but I’ve been thinking about buying one to try carbonating things I like that would be weird like v8, iced tea, etc

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

pencilhands posted:

No but I’ve been thinking about buying one to try carbonating things I like that would be weird like v8, iced tea, etc

I feel like there are weirder things you're thinking of carbonating, if so please do share

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

I have one and it's great. I add a bit of lemon juice to the water for a nice bubbly drink. I also use it to carbonate juice to mix with liquor. I don't use any sugary syrups.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

No I bought a $60 flashlight that broke on the way home, I should have looked into a soda stream or a Keurig but now I just have garbage and 2 useless charger cables that probably won't work for anything unless someone makes a time machine to the early 2000s.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

PinheadSlim posted:

I feel like there are weirder things you're thinking of carbonating, if so please do share

cranberry juice….milk….maybe fireball?

Aug 4, 2023

https://www.rollerauction.com/aucti...-and-syrup-rack

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

PinheadSlim posted:

yep cum

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

pencilhands posted:

I had the idea of carbonating white wine to make "champagne" but I haven't gotten around to doing it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It gives it that zing it's always been missing.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

jimmy mnemonic posted:

I had the idea of carbonating white wine to make "champagne" but I haven't gotten around to doing it.

This is illegal in France

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i might get one of these….. when i win the lottery

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

jimmy mnemonic posted:

apparently it makes cheap white wine taste much better! do it and tell us how you get on

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I have a SodaKing, same thing but Australian made.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I used to have one but it looks as a pain in the rear end and I felt like it didn't work very well which means I was probably just too dumb to use it right

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Nah, not enough space on the kitchen counter.

hasegawa
Dec 30, 2008

Wedge Regret
I have a drink mate omnifizz, and 2 soda streams (one was a hand me down, and I bought the Aqua Fizz for the glass bottles). I use a 5 lb tank with beverage grade CO2 from a brew supply store, and a $35 adapter from Amazon to connect it. One fill lasted me from Feb until the start of August, so it is way more economical than the little cylinders and you don't have to keep paying sodastream for replacements.

I know that sodastream are evil occupationist assholes, but there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and I wanted it because I wanted to be able to recreate the strong rear end fizzy water in a frosty bottle effect that Topo Chico water gives me. I went 2 months without drinking alcohol after I got it, because I found the cold carbonated bite scratched a bit of the itch that beer does for me.

If you want to fizz alcohol, wine, juices or anything not water, get the Drink mate. The soda streams become giant foamy messes if you use anything not water. I use the Drink mate on nights that I want a fizzy adult bevvy. Easy and less prone to foaming into the head thing. And it can't explode it can only go PSSSS FSSSSHHHLPPBT.

*If you do buy a tank to save money, Don't use paintball CO2 or welding gas, get beverage grade or above from Air gas or somebody that carries up to medical grade. There might be trace amounts of benzene and industrial poo poo in the cheap welding gas.

That was my effortpost on carbonating water, as I have discovered in this year.

EDIT: I lied, it exploded the first time I used it and I have been dead ever since.

hasegawa fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Curious about carbonating things that I probably shouldn't, like pickle brine or milk