Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

old spice is aluminum free now, idk if that’s it but whatever they replaced it with doesn’t work nearly as well

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I've worked with coworkers who decided it was worth pulling an all nighter at the office and they weren't pleasant to be around the next day.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Share Bear posted:

yves saint laurent "La Nuit de L'Homme" (which i guess means the nut of the man (deez nuits (what's french for gottem??)))" is my goto for like 15+ years now, its like a sweet sunflower smell

and unfortunately regular deodorant gives me skin problems so i wear the weaker hippy versions for people with sensitive skin, i'm on arm and hammer now

if you need an actual antiperspirant sometime, try a brand that uses specifically aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum sesquichlorohydrate. i find the other al salts make me at minimum pretty itchy. the gentler salts also don’t stain clothes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

all nighter at the office

:pwn:

we’re you working for a nuclear power plant or a hospital or something?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

:pwn:

we’re you working for a nuclear power plant or a hospital or something?

usually when someone hosed up a prod deployment. I refuse to do that

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i went to school in france for a while

and i can tell you

that tweet is a lie

that said at the end of the day you get used to a lot and plenty of people probably overdo it with the cleanliness as purity nonsense

yeah, there are people out there who definitely need a blunt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHAynzrKIg

on the other side, you have people like the random roommate i had my first two weeks in college, who was so worried about smelling bad that he took 3+ showers a day and drenched himself, and everything he owned, in eye-watering amounts of cologne. i legit feel bad for anyone who had to work in a school around boys in grades 6-10 when axe body spray hit the scene, as they were drenching themselves in that crap to the point where schools were banning it and kids had to be sent home because they used so much of it that people around them couldn't breathe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

The_Franz posted:

yeah, there are people out there who definitely need a blunt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHAynzrKIg

on the other side, you have people like the random roommate i had my first two weeks in college, who was so worried about smelling bad that he took 3+ showers a day and drenched himself, and everything he owned, in eye-watering amounts of cologne. i legit feel bad for anyone who had to work in a school around boys in grades 6-10 when axe body spray hit the scene, as they were drenching themselves in that crap to the point where schools were banning it and kids had to be sent home because they used so much of it that people around them couldn't breathe

idk i pass by college kids a lot and they still stink like axe et al so i don’t think they ever outgrew it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Beeftweeter posted:

nice to let everyone know this guy stinks

"fortunately" his claim is just we used to stink all the time and no once cared rather than bo didn't exist until the (((woke seed oil vax))) came along

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i’ve never actually met one of those “don’t need soap” people thankfully. i have met stinky people but that was probably old fashioned lack of hygiene rather than some weird belief that they don’t produce the stink

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i'm pretty much like the showers 3 times a day guy (really, twice, once if i'm not leaving the house),

i sweat _a lot_ and i try to keep myself clean to fight that lingering

its bad at the gym though, but i expect to smell bad at the gym

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mediaphage posted:

i went to school in france for a while

and i can tell you

that tweet is a lie

that said at the end of the day you get used to a lot and plenty of people probably overdo it with the cleanliness as purity nonsense

the French are generally correct about how a bit of funk can be sexy. this is obv not universally true tho, I remember uni. too many ppl around and some truly smelly fuckers who id come at with a hose were the environment different

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

goblin week posted:

gucci bloom, and ysl black opium otherwise

i wear these sometimes. also some Tom Ford stuff tho it’s loving expensive

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

tbh i stopped wearing deodorant sometime after transitioning as replacing all of my testosterone with estrogen changed my body odour to the point that bathing tends to be enough

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

we already have a musk thread, op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that worked for me until I got my orchi and now it's back

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

that worked for me until I got my orchi and now it's back

huh, interesting. I’ve read about how like, after removing the orbs some ppl experience a bump in test production as other systems like, compensate?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there’s probably also a factor where different flora that people have will generate more gross or less gross natural muskinesses

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there was a famous e/n post about this. anyways. good thread! give demeter some money.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Any opinions about Encre Noire? I've read it's a very interesting fragrance but apparently it just doesn't work on some people? I've ordered a sample (with a dose of La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique) but the guy is taking forever to send me the parcel

Also are there any decent guides how to combine various smells, so I know what to use for my beard, pits, chest and maybe also sprinkle something behind ears/back of my neck and all the smells will work together?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

laserghost posted:

Any opinions about Encre Noire? I've read it's a very interesting fragrance but apparently it just doesn't work on some people? I've ordered a sample (with a dose of La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique) but the guy is taking forever to send me the parcel

Also are there any decent guides how to combine various smells, so I know what to use for my beard, pits, chest and maybe also sprinkle something behind ears/back of my neck and all the smells will work together?

just slather yourself with whatever you got, it doesn’t matter where. anything would be an improvement, just please do something about it

https://youtu.be/OKGKWDtpYN8

81523_5
Aug 16, 2023
[tell] me your horror story of why you smell like poo poo in the year 2023

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i smell like farts and disappointment, op

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm here to tear rear end and live up to expectations

And I'm all out of the ability to live up to expectations

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I smell like chlorine op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yospos, bleach

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

we already have a musk thread, op

:jj:

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
it's because you won't stop smoking

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
prada paradox is fuckin glorious imo

once it cools down it’s reminiscent of the OG jean paul gaultier which is also S level stank , which probably explains why I like it so much

defo femme tho. and I am not particularly feminine so I just have to enjoy it on others

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

:gas:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:actually: it’s mist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we all know your favorite fragrance, don't pretend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gross lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Jonny 290 posted:

there was a famous e/n post about this. anyways. good thread! give demeter some money.

yeah. i use salt air a lot.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha omg :worship:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA