Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I feel like they're not gonna take it off him until they can get the Rock or Rikishi or somebody to come back and make it seem that Roman's lost the Divine Right (or equivalent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Summerslame

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013
That certainly was a WWE Premium Live Event.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess the story is that if you get beaten up so bad you're out months you will come back and side with the guy who did it? Shame a cool storyline is going WCW

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

roman, the dominant champ, couldn't win 2 on 1 so he won 3 on 1 instead

yeah the whole thing is so weird even using wrestling logic

like ok lets say they were building this up to where the entire locker room hated roman except solo sikoa and then they turned him too and the title swapped with 50 guys running in and beating the dogshit out of roman and letting someone pin him because roman was so dominant there was no other way to get anyone else in the belt

that would be a sensible wrestling story

but theyre not really doing that either

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

fast cars loose anus posted:

genuinely i would like to see inside WWEs heads and when they plan to take the title off Roman because its getting fairly silly

I knew obviously that it wouldnt be "an Uso at summerslam" but like do they even understand he cant hold it until 2035

also your swerves just come off as stupid except to like 9 year olds and i bet a few of them are getting jaded

It's never coming off Roman, as long as no one can get their hands on Vince's phylactery.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I love that my wife is new to wrassling as of this year, and when Romans intro started she got up to go to bed because "I know how this match is going to end" and lol she was right.

Kinda fun PPV besides that and Ronda though? Idk I'm very easy to please. I've no idea who wants more roman headliners tho.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

like ok lets say they were building this up to where the entire locker room hated roman except solo sikoa and then they turned him too and the title swapped with 50 guys running in and beating the dogshit out of roman and letting someone pin him because roman was so dominant there was no other way to get anyone else in the belt

Maybe that's what Payback is about, everyone who's been hosed over in Roman's dubious reign
(Payback is definitely not about that and is almost certainly at best another alleged 'singles' "Roman wins lol")

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Roman Reigns will not appear at Payback

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

It took 3 people for Roman to beat the guy that's been his lackey for years? Lol

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

That assumes that they don't have these stories operating entirely in vacuum. If you're not part of the story, you just don't exist. You're not gonna have Gunther run in and beat the crap out of Solo to reinforce imperialism in the WWE.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Love to throw away months of storyline character progression between Sami, Jay, Jimmy, Roman and Solo becuase we can't think of anything new to do but have them keep turning on each other and Dwayne won't return our calls.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 6, 2023

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Calax posted:

That assumes that they don't have these stories operating entirely in vacuum. If you're not part of the story, you just don't exist. You're not gonna have Gunther run in and beat the crap out of Solo to reinforce imperialism in the WWE.

If only there was another superstar who was deeply involved in the story of the Bloodline and due to, let's hypothetically say, a tag team partner not being medically cleared, was entirely free for the show.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dwayne could have stopped by. They are on a friggin strike for goodness sake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a.lo posted:

I hate you James

wtf did i do :smith:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
Well, I think we can safely say that the only saving grace of that show is that they didn't go through with the threatened Kid Rock live performance

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

If only there was another superstar who was deeply involved in the story of the Bloodline and due to, let's hypothetically say, a tag team partner not being medically cleared, was entirely free for the show.

Who, again hypothetically, had been pushing the contender to break away from Roman for months.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

Who, again hypothetically, had been pushing the contender to break away from Roman for months.

Sami's reward for getting Roman over is to never be pushed again and probably written out of the history of the storyline

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

katatonic posted:

Going from Collision to that was some real crazy whiplash. I just cannot stand Roman’s style of match, it’s so loving slow and plodding

It's like watching raw footage from a cinematic match they haven't edited yet. Audience silent, commentary silent, 2 men standing/laying in the ring in silence.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I just want that one fan on commentary for the whole match

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS SOLO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

H.R. Hufflepuff posted: