Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

"Fly, you fools!!!" is hard to beat. Wow. The power of it all!

Another more whimsical one is Alita Battle Angel. Neither the audience nor myself was very into it. I thought it was really dumb actually. And everyone else started laughing when she literally took her heart in her hands and all that... At that point we all realised we could let loose and laugh together. it was a rare time when everyone else and I were in total sync in the cinema lmao. Almost never happens. The only other time when I was at a viewing of Cats. Jesus lmao.

In retrospect I should've gathered some phone numbers there but I'm too hopeless in that regard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Barbie was also quite awesome, to speak of a more recent experience. My wife and I were laughing our asses off the whole way, it's really spectacular to see something like that. It was kinda beyond my imagination. Of course the deeper moments had some resonance too.

There were some truly sad sacks in that audience though. There was a family in front of us who didn't laugh a single time and were on their phones the whole while. I had to tell them to knock it off. That's the part of the cinema I really don't like. Thankfully the people behind us totally got it and weren't such cold fish. :)

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

I'll say another two where the audience were absolutely in tune with me and my wife (we always see movies together).

First one was Green Room. Absolute silence the whole way. People were absolutely RAPT!!! My god, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. If you've never seen this please watch it right away. Just shocking and amazing. Patrick Stewart... evil????

Second was Everything Everywhere All At Once. The emotional resonance was absolutely incredible. My wife and I went to see it with a bunch of movie-loving friends and it really hit home so hard. Just a beautiful communal experience where everyone in that giant room was totally vibing, laughing in unison, obviously tearing up, what a masterpiece. :)

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

How could you do this :negative: