Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
have they been images this whole time??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

oh my god they have been

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

except for Nice!, somehow

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this entire site disgusts me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i completely forgot about this and just noticed the change lol

i still say they should be svgs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

it should look like this

code:
<ul class="postbuttons">
<li class="alertbutton"><a href="modalert.php?postid=534040902&amp;username=rotor"><button class="nice">360 REVIEW</button></a></li>
<li><a href="editpost.php?action=editpost&amp;postid=534040902"><button class="nice">PATCH</button></a></li>
<li><a href="newreply.php?action=newreply&amp;postid=534040902"><button class="nice">ACTUALLY,</button></a></li>
</ul>

please let me know what jira ticket to follow and what sprint this will be fixed in.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sick

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

i completely forgot about this and just noticed the change lol

i still say they should be svgs

theyre buttons, so i think they should be buttons

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://github.com/Something-Awful/forum-css/ is the repo, I'm sure they won't regret opening it to our PRs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
edit in particular looks terrible

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

problem is you can change the CSS but nothing else.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

it should look like this

code:
<ul class="postbuttons">
<li class="alertbutton"><a href="modalert.php?postid=534040902&amp;username=rotor"><button class="nice">360 REVIEW</button></a></li>
<li><a href="editpost.php?action=editpost&amp;postid=534040902"><button class="nice">PATCH</button></a></li>
<li><a href="newreply.php?action=newreply&amp;postid=534040902"><button class="nice">ACTUALLY,</button></a></li>
</ul>

please let me know what jira ticket to follow and what sprint this will be fixed in.

yeah that's not a terrible idea but i hate the default monospace fonts for it. like posts look fine, the nice button just doesn't

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

this is the view I have in photoshop. There's something about exporting the final png that just hosed poo poo up :shrug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MononcQc posted:

this is the view I have in photoshop. There's something about exporting the final png that just hosed poo poo up :shrug:

i can't check because i'm using my ipad and ios doesn't give you an inspector, but i think they're being resized

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

nope, final files are the right size, they're CSS background image and resizing doesn't play. It's 99% png compression

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i wanted to see if it was my zoom level (i usually use 85%) and in portrait at 100 the div size gets all hosed up

at that zoom edit/patch still looks like rear end though, really weird

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

maybe just shorten it to "review"?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

MononcQc posted:

problem is you can change the CSS but nothing else.

rotor posted:

this entire site disgusts me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
style the links as buttons and hide the images

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

making a post so i can see the patch button

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

looks good to me. closed/wontfix.

we need replacements for post and reply.

maybe something like NEW and APPEND

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"just post" is too much of a saying to replace the button, we should in fact put the :justpost: gif in there

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

having an animation there would probably be pretty distracting

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

we could move the [ACTUALLY,] proposal to reply at the very least

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

so long as it's not YES AND like it's some improv forum

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MononcQc posted:

"just post" is too much of a saying to replace the button, we should in fact put the :justpost: gif in there

agreed except it should be green or amber flashing instead of grey forums colors. essentially just an inversion of the current post button cycling back and forth. you could make it an apng so that only people with browsers that render them get to see it for an extra bump.

e: i think [ACTUALLY,] is the winner

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 22, 2023

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

everyone had a chance to review the PR now the next window is October

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

MononcQc posted:

lgtm, ship it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what "360 review" is a reference to

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Shaggar posted:

idk what "360 review" is a reference to

imagine a perfectly spherical manager

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i assume it's an autodesk product

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it's a style of performance reviews that refers to both a full circle of 360 degrees and it's yearly cadence as there are conveniently 360 days in the year

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MononcQc posted:

:hmmyes:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

truly, cohost css crimes walked so yospos.css could run

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

serious question, is this not possible for some reason? cause thats the right way to do it

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

a 360 review is a corporate thing where any kind of people are asked to review you (peers, managers, reports) on top of your self eval. it was initially intended for developmental purposes but quickly devolved into an assessment for promotions. the feedback is often anonymous and so there’s no way to know which person helped or tanked you or to account for any sort of bias/discrimination or problematic dynamics and in the worst organization leads to random sniping

I found it very funny for reporting posts

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Shaggar posted:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

everyone had a chance to review the PR now the next window is October

ACTUALLY, this is a security fix now so we need it deployed by next tuesday

hbag
Feb 13, 2021