Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I have made some very important changes to both green and amberpos and I would like for mods or whoever has power to do so to update the stylesheets.

I have updated the [REPORT] button to instead say [360 REVIEW] to properly represent this industry and it is of utmost importance that the change is made

I have the CSS files pre-compacted and uploaded on my domain for greenpos and amberpos.

(the only change is making the button width 96px instead of 60px, and then subbing in the PNG images for the button as base64).

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I willingly ate a ban for this poo poo to be a tiny bit funnier so please make it happen

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

lmao I had never been banned before and I had no idea I'd lose my av and premium, so it stripped the upload. Here's the loving preview, what a self own

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

we should update the buttons to be svg anyway, they look like poo poo @ 2x

i made them ages ago but it's not like they'd be hard to recreate. i think the font was fixedsys excelsior

font I found through a reverse search is Perfect DOS VGA 437 and it works as a pretty identical match

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

akadajet posted:

they'll get right on that after archives search is complete

gently caress man I just paid 20 bucks for this that should be plenty to sweeten the deal!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I mean I’m not planning to refactor much right now lest I become the new accidental maintainer of this stuff, I just wanted a funny button and this much is already implemented in there op at least

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

nvrgrls posted:

Why isn't this implemented yet

if you're impatient like me you can use the links in the op and force load the new, better CSS right onto the page and get the good buttons of course

you just have to do this on every page load ever but it works!!!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

post hole digger posted:

MononcQc's never even been probated before! what a way to go

That's because that's how much I care about this issue! I only break rules for great causes.

Also I edited the two CSS files to include the fork button

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

gently caress it I added the patch buttons too

also the most used ones (post/reply) are still cleanly labelled

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 8, 2023

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

This is good. I miss your octopus av, op

someone bought me this very good stabby bear I currently have :toot:

I was planning on maybe updating to the following as a new av otherwise, which I had been doodling tonight:

but yeah the squid is sort of my universal avatar everywhere otherwise

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

poo poo it's been days, are mods even reading this thread?!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

jeffrey "of yospos" my rear end

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

ironically, not allowing me to change the buttons is really pushing my buttons!!!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

hey dude i love your new avatar

it's an emote I found on some slack and that I think nvrgrls bought me (drat if I can remember how to map names to usernames).

but here's this celebratory one I've made in turn:

sure looks better on a light background tho

we use them at work every time we kill a host

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

it's been over a week, I can't believe this isn't deployed yet.

this site has to overhaul it's whole ci/cd pipeline!!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

no, I truly believe in the power of screaming into a forum thread to get things to change

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

infernal machines posted:

what? both sad and technical enquiries are open and have been for months.

sad is just designed to make feedback impossible, and it's very effective at it. it is open though, and you could post there today if you wanted your thread immediately locked and left to moulder indefinitely

compared to here, where it can moulder indefinitely, but while being unlocked

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

can a red team please upload the files?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

someone post a link to the updated css and i’ll pm the mods then.

they’re in the op

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

astral replied and is going to try to change them later this week.

be still my beating heart

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

did you not update the op css with the thread changes?

I'm pretty dang sure I had them there, I'm even seeing them live by just embedding them in the page

Let's force it to work by running an explicit diff:

code:
$ wget https://i.somethingawful.com/css/219a.css\?1408492548
$ wget https://ferd.ca/static/css/219a.css
$ git diff --word-diff 219a.css\?1408492548 219a.css
reveals something like:

here are the full links just in case:
https://ferd.ca/static/css/219.css?CacheBusterInCase for greenpos
https://ferd.ca/static/css/219a.css?CacheBusterInCase for amberpos.

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 17, 2023

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

also I put all of these images into a single imgur dump and it instantly labelled it 18+ because that code isn't for the faint of heart I guess https://imgur.com/a/QjiRuXi

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If you want you can submit a pull request directly here:
https://github.com/Something-Awful/forum-css/

Please indicate who you are on the forums if you submit something. Should go without saying but.....don't use a github account in your real name and I'll destroy anyone who causes drama in the issue tracker. Still, figure this is easier than posting CSS to the forum or emailing it around.

I'm gonna do it right away with my real world account I use for work because I'm not creating 50 accounts for this, but my name is known by anyone who looks up my username so who cares. I can delete the fork right after I'm done if this is the reason you want it to be a fake account though

E: done in https://github.com/Something-Awful/forum-css/pull/3

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 18, 2023

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

it's a shame/good thing I can't change the thread title because I'd have turned it into MODS?! please merge my CSS PR!!, which I imagine would somehow land me another autoban

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

if I were to sneak anything I'd use the comment space in PNG tEXt chunks so it'd be live even if someone fully tried the PR before pushing to prod, but I'm way too loving lazy to take the time to do that

E: noticed I had left a bunch of adobe comments in there actually and went and stripped them.

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 18, 2023

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

this is an open source project now, the only thing moving it forward is more emoji reactions on a github pr

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

status update for yospos standup: pr still not merged

im conflicted because on the one hand, as a yospos user i want good buttons

but as someone familiar with software engineering i will fully support not loving your schedule over estimates and poo poo

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

community manager here, can someone roll this back ASAP?? the users are having a loving meltdown out there. they're clicking the wrong buttons and everyone's got their head up their rear end. we've seen 30 self-reports just this morning. i need hbag or one of the other interns to drop what they're doing and start wading through this mountain of tickets that just appeared in my inbox. by the way thanks for the heads up on this you idiots

never this is one of my biggest yospos accomplishments right there

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

this is going into my brag doc for the next promotion cycle!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

typical of tech projects to finally get the review once it's shipped and live

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

you can't undo it it's necessary for my promo packet. you can only roll forward

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

they're all the same size, same height, same font, same color, but png compression hits differently

wontfix, closed.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

long term fix is to do as suggested earlier and switch to svg

i ain't maintaining much though

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://github.com/Something-Awful/forum-css/ is the repo, I'm sure they won't regret opening it to our PRs

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

problem is you can change the CSS but nothing else.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

this is the view I have in photoshop. There's something about exporting the final png that just hosed poo poo up :shrug:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

nope, final files are the right size, they're CSS background image and resizing doesn't play. It's 99% png compression

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"just post" is too much of a saying to replace the button, we should in fact put the :justpost: gif in there

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

we could move the [ACTUALLY,] proposal to reply at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

we could move the [ACTUALLY,] proposal to reply at the very least

so long as it's not YES AND like it's some improv forum