Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But who will win?
Putin and the studios
Putin and the unions
Ukraine and the studios
Ukraine and the unions
how dare u make light of this situation people are dying
View Results

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

greetings fellow cspammers we are in the midst of a great historical moment putins war against ukraine is continuing indefinitely despite accomplishing nothing except the pointless destruction of everyone involved meanwhile the hollywood strike is also continuing indefinitely and also accomplishing nothing except the pointless destruction of everyone involved so nows your chance to prove your political acumen and guess which one is going to end first not like by the actual day or something sensible like that but compared to the other

for example if i bet that the ukraine war beats the hollywood strike by thirty days lets game it out a cease fire is signed on christmas day and the unions sign an agreement on january twenty fourth that means i win but if the unions sign an agreement on january twenty third i lose because price is right rules closest without going over i also win if a cease fire is signed on new years day and the unions sign an agreement on january thirty first but lose if the unions sign an agreement on january thirtieth by the same logic

the winner gets a free av but you might be waiting awhile extra lols if were still waiting on a resolution for this contest by the next presidential inauguration ill try to keep this op updated with the current bets

Some Guy TT says The Ukraine War will end on the same day as The Hollywood Strike ends
jon irenicus says The Ukraine War will end at least 365 days after The Hollywood Strike end
stephenthinkpad says The Ukraine War will end at least 540 days after The Hollywood Strike end
Vox Nihili says The Ukraine War will end at least 666 days after The Hollywood Strike ends
lost confused says The Ukraine War will end at least 730 days after The Hollywood Strike
Pentacoastal Elites says The Ukraine War will end at least 2010 days after The Hollywood Strike ends

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Sep 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
How long was the last writers strike? 1 year?

There is no way the Ukraine war will end in 1 year.

I don't think there is going to be a signed cease fire, you got another mile stone we can use?

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Aug 8, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Ukraine war goes 666 days longer, lock it in baby

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

late fall collapse, the weaker side gives in to the demands of the aggressor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

How long was the last writers strike? 1 year?

There is no way the Ukraine war will end in 1 year.

I don't think there is going to be a signed cease fire, you got another mile stone we can use?

i dunno an end to fighting? this is kind of how we got into this mess in the first place even a cease fire is seen as furthering putins agenda

whatever arbitrary event persuades a mod to close the ukraine thread might do it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Okay the last writers strike only went on for 3 months.

I am going to keep my prediction that the Ukraine war won't start to negotiate until after the US election.

So...18 months after the writers strike is over.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

my predictions:

the ukraine war formally ends 67 months after the strike ends because the democrats will be unwilling to give up ukraine as a political tool and will be defeated in 2028

ukraine remains a locus of hideous sectarian violence for the rest of our lives

forums hero pentecoastal elites is awarded victory itt

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this just in the wall street journal predicts that the war in ukraine

may or may not last longer than the hollywood strike

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Okay the last writers strike only went on for 3 months.

I am going to keep my prediction that the Ukraine war won't start to negotiate until after the US election.

So...18 months after the writers strike is over.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the strike will probably end before the New Year at this rate

the Republicans might take the Senate and keep the House in the current state of things so aid will be severely compromised, peace will be sued for before the changeover

prediction: the war will end exactly one year after the strike is over

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Both will end the same day, down to the second, coinciding with the final end of life on Earth.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

docbeard posted:

Both will end the same day, down to the second, coinciding with the final end of life on Earth.

plz phrase your bets in such a way that they dont copy other peoples bets

just exactly one day higher is fine if you want to be a dick about it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So it's okay, I will split the winning spoil with Lostconfused.

What's the prize again?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's fine, I will abstain from the bet. But I was thinking that it's going to end a year and a half from the end of the strike. I'm not willing to commit to a date anyway, just sometime in 2025.

Edit: Or just put me down as 2 years after the end of the strike, whatever.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Aug 18, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

But also yeah there will be no peace, ceasefire, or surrender. Someone is going to call it "a cessation of the active phase of hostilities".

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bad news for everyone convinced the strike will end first

https://twitter.com/LeeCamp/status/1704846399207002467

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

What's the prize again?

just an avatar but vyelkin was the one who promised to do it and hes uhhh not an admin anymore??? really kicking myself for not making a joke about the prize disappearing because vyelkin loses his buttons before either of the other two things happens because i was totally thinking of doing that

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

wtf, no one modified the infamous grover post yet?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the wga has reached a tentative agreement with hollywood thread doesnt resolve unless sag gets something too tho

this might be yalls last chance for bets on a prize which may or may not actually exist which i consider to be a fitting metaphor

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

just an avatar but vyelkin was the one who promised to do it and hes uhhh not an admin anymore??? really kicking myself for not making a joke about the prize disappearing because vyelkin loses his buttons before either of the other two things happens because i was totally thinking of doing that

i can do it i think

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I just want to remind you that Shoigu agreed with me.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1706683130285834284?t=j2kmSL3w5p5kPOMBdyQLPg&s=19

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

harden your heart putin

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

harden your heart putin

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

harden your heart putin

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the ukraine war formally ends 67 months after the strike ends because the democrats will be unwilling to give up ukraine as a political tool and will be defeated in 2028

start da clock baby

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

harden your heart putin

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it ended like a week ago I didn't want to ruin the thread by saying

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

harden your heart putin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ukraine war will not end. they'll be there in 20 years still fighting.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Ukraine war will not end. they'll be there in 20 years still fighting.

i bet you're wrong and it ends next weekend

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i bet you're wrong and it ends next weekend

it's already over they just don't want you to know

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
they end on the same day via nuclear holocaust

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

it ended like a week ago I didn't want to ruin the thread by saying

thank you

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
gas

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

don't sign your posts 😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

don't sign your posts 😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂

wow. you got me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

wow. you got me

I was just kidding btw no hard feelings!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I was just kidding btw no hard feelings!

stupid bitch..playing with my feelings

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

stupid bitch..playing with my feelings

:kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yw trying every day to be a better person