Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But who will win?
Putin and the studios
Putin and the unions
Ukraine and the studios
Ukraine and the unions
how dare u make light of this situation people are dying
View Results

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

greetings fellow cspammers we are in the midst of a great historical moment putins war against ukraine is continuing indefinitely despite accomplishing nothing except the pointless destruction of everyone involved meanwhile the hollywood strike is also continuing indefinitely and also accomplishing nothing except the pointless destruction of everyone involved so nows your chance to prove your political acumen and guess which one is going to end first not like by the actual day or something sensible like that but compared to the other

for example if i bet that the ukraine war beats the hollywood strike by thirty days lets game it out a cease fire is signed on christmas day and the unions sign an agreement on january twenty fourth that means i win but if the unions sign an agreement on january twenty third i lose because price is right rules closest without going over i also win if a cease fire is signed on new years day and the unions sign an agreement on january thirty first but lose if the unions sign an agreement on january thirtieth by the same logic

the winner gets a free av but you might be waiting awhile extra lols if were still waiting on a resolution for this contest by the next presidential inauguration ill try to keep this op updated with the current bets

Some Guy TT says The Ukraine War will end on the same day as The Hollywood Strike ends
jon irenicus says The Ukraine War will end at least 365 days after The Hollywood Strike end
stephenthinkpad says The Ukraine War will end at least 540 days after The Hollywood Strike end
Vox Nihili says The Ukraine War will end at least 666 days after The Hollywood Strike ends
lost confused says The Ukraine War will end at least 730 days after The Hollywood Strike
Pentacoastal Elites says The Ukraine War will end at least 2010 days after The Hollywood Strike ends

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Sep 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

How long was the last writers strike? 1 year?

There is no way the Ukraine war will end in 1 year.

I don't think there is going to be a signed cease fire, you got another mile stone we can use?

i dunno an end to fighting? this is kind of how we got into this mess in the first place even a cease fire is seen as furthering putins agenda

whatever arbitrary event persuades a mod to close the ukraine thread might do it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this just in the wall street journal predicts that the war in ukraine

may or may not last longer than the hollywood strike

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

docbeard posted:

Both will end the same day, down to the second, coinciding with the final end of life on Earth.

plz phrase your bets in such a way that they dont copy other peoples bets

just exactly one day higher is fine if you want to be a dick about it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bad news for everyone convinced the strike will end first

https://twitter.com/LeeCamp/status/1704846399207002467

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

What's the prize again?

just an avatar but vyelkin was the one who promised to do it and hes uhhh not an admin anymore??? really kicking myself for not making a joke about the prize disappearing because vyelkin loses his buttons before either of the other two things happens because i was totally thinking of doing that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the wga has reached a tentative agreement with hollywood thread doesnt resolve unless sag gets something too tho

this might be yalls last chance for bets on a prize which may or may not actually exist which i consider to be a fitting metaphor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so if the ukraine war ends before november 7th (because next years a leap year)...i win the contest

ngl pretty funny how that ended up being really close to election day