Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
full service or self service?
i support full service
i'm a self-service degenerate
i have electric car vehicle
car? i don't even own a car #bikelife
View Results

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

He puts the tip in your rear end mon ami

America truly is a cultural wasteland :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I hear in Europe you don't have to tip the guy who wipes your rear end

What about the guy who wipes your tip?

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Decedent posted:

New Jersey truly is the promised land.

Devils Affricate posted:

I feel like each state should have its own mundane, arbitrary thing that people aren't allowed to do themselves. Like in Georgia you can't mow your own lawn, you have to hire a professional gardener, and in Nevada it's illegal to wash your own clothing so everything is done in fully staffed laundromats or something.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

I filled my car with diesel right after buying it and driving it off the lot when I was young and unexposed.

"huh, didn't know my car came with a weird gas thing that doesn't fit the nozzles. probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known they did that. those whacky koreans. ah well"

If only an expert had been there to keep me from making that mistake. Could've saved me $600.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bodyholes posted:

I filled my car with diesel right after buying it and driving it off the lot when I was young and unexposed.

"huh, didn't know my car came with a weird gas thing that doesn't fit the nozzles. probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known they did that. those whacky koreans. ah well"

If only an expert had been there to keep me from making that mistake. Could've saved me $600.

How many miles you got in that vehicle now?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

redshirt posted:

How many miles you got in that vehicle now?

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Attendants don't even wash your windshield anymore.

For my Oregon peeps here's how you do it yourself:

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I vaguely remember a time traveling when we stopped at a full service gas station. And you just 'say fill it up with unleaded' while you sit there uncomfortably and remember to move the key to acc position so you could turn the radio back on. It seems nice now, that they'd check your tires and oil and bring the dipstick to the window and say "Looks fine to me, what do you think?"

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

There’s one town in massachusetts where you can’t pump your own gas I ended up there for work once and drove around confusedly looking for gas stations on Waze wondering why the gently caress I couldn’t find a normal place

Can’t remember the name

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pencilhands posted:

There’s one town in massachusetts where you can’t pump your own gas I ended up there for work once and drove around confusedly looking for gas stations on Waze wondering why the gently caress I couldn’t find a normal place

Can’t remember the name

Worcester

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

more like worstcester

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dervival posted:

more like worstcester

Don't worry no one can spell it

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

here's a good tutorial for my fellow oregoinans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xwsZ5vC5Oc&t=32s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

If you bring your electric car to a station in New Jersey does the attendant hang around or just come back every while to make sure the charger is still plugged in?