Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Mad about sex itt

(You can just say thanx but no thanx)

Though I did feel bad for Gayle so I had gay space sex (or SpaceX for short) aka gayceX

Letter x rulez btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

its kind of a problem that any dnd flavored adventure party is going to be comprised of:

big man hit things (fighter)
big man hit things angry (barbarian)
sociopathic fireball autist (wizard)
sociopathic fireball pervert (sorcerer)
mommy/ daddy issues/ possessed (warlock)
furry (furry)
religious fanatic (cleric)
religious fanatic hit things (paladin)
criminal (criminal)

also everyone wants to dress up as a sexier version of who they wish they were and artists make all the lady characters into representatives of their own personal fetishes based on that one goth girl from art school

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Take me back to the good old days where they just traced the sexy ladies from celebrity head shots instead of manifesting their fetishes on the goth lady from art school.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I wonder if bioware ever had to pay a dime for those likenesses.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

naem posted:

its kind of a problem that any dnd flavored adventure party is going to be comprised of:

furry (furry)
criminal (criminal)

also everyone wants to dress up as a sexier version of who they wish they were and artists make all the lady characters into representatives of their own personal fetishes based on that one goth girl from art school

sorry about your internet poisoning

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Cosmik Debris posted:

Mad about sex itt

(You can just say thanx but no thanx)

Though I did feel bad for Gayle so I had gay space sex (or SpaceX for short) aka gayceX

Letter x rulez btw

Whenever a video game character has sex I have to flagellate myself before a crucifix

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

naem posted:

furry (furry)
criminal (criminal)

I think this is an unfair representation because Aloth clearly has a personality disorder but is not autistic

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

does bg3 have a katana that stuns on every single hit, like bg2? cuz that was sweet.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mr. Merdle posted:

I think this is an unfair representation because Aloth clearly has a personality disorder but is not autistic

Sociopathy is drow culture. It's not disorder to fit in with society.

naem
May 29, 2011

forgot to add Former Drama Kid (criminal) to that list apologies

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Buce posted:

does bg3 have a katana that stuns on every single hit, like bg2? cuz that was sweet.

i dont think so but you can 0wn sarevok (again) and wear his helmet

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

everyone in faerun is horny at all times, just 100% horned up and ready to plow at a moment’s notice. as always, it’s due to the meddling of the gods in the affairs of mortals. the writers can’t just ignore it, it’s canon.

Bigby’s Grasping Horn.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

The game takes loving forever to play, I'm never going to finish it. I've spent so much time clearing out the goblin fort. it would probably take 30-40 minutes tops to complete a similar dungeon and set of quests in bg1

Lol for real. I'm at the point where 2 party members basic attacks account for 99% of the damage and can usually give enemies once attacked at all. Without turn based the combats would be under a minute and you wouldn't be micromanaging every dingbat for every single step of the way

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

matti posted:

and if you are trolling: i do not take kindly to people who take the Faerûn lightly

be aware, "jester"

i bet you pronounce it with a short o like a rube from lower chondath

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
baldurs gate is about a demon who had kids that he loved very much

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ded posted:

baldurs gate is about a demon who had kids that he loved very much

one of his kids is a real dipshit who just continuously gets owned by his siblings too

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Did they ever explain who is Baldur?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's this guy from hollow knight, op

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Sekenr posted:

Yes, in tales of the sword coast. He was a pirate with a Viking helmet

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sekenr posted:

He's Icewind Dale's roommate

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

credburn posted:

Are the Pathfinder games worth playing?

I never finished the first due to a number of reasons. Got all the way near the end, bounced off an optional tough boss, and decided I didn't give enough of a poo poo to finish it. It's an aggressively "fine" game. Nothing horribly broken but nothing to really pull you in.
Wrath of the righteous is more fun almost immediately and I'm looking to finish it before I get BG 3.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

He's Icewind Dale's roommate

Dale is more than a roomie. He’s Baldur’s Mate (heh).

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sekenr posted:

you learn his terrible secret in BG3, shan’t spoil, but it’s really stupid for a game with an otherwise pretty decent story and lore continuation

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
bg3 doesnt have day/night cycle like bg 1 and 2. immersion ruined, the game is trash

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yes it does, you press the camp button and it's night. you wake up and it's day. that's a cycle.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Bad Purchase posted:

yes it does, you press the camp button and it's night. you wake up and it's day. that's a cycle.

lol

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
So did anyone beat BG3 yet? How was the ending?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I haven't beaten it but I saw that you can bang Baldur

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
hlel yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg7K6zorPcA

sadly it's only 5 hours and 38 minutes long

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ELTON JOHN posted:

hlel yes

So this is part 1 or

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

naem posted:

furry (furry)
criminal (criminal)

i was the furry
and it was fun.

I even got a house-rules feat for my foxgirl to smell out scents.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

ELTON JOHN posted:

hlel yes

Torment can be boiled down as the best book you will ever play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

you learn his terrible secret in BG3, shan’t spoil, but it’s really stupid for a game with an otherwise pretty decent story and lore continuation

I looked it up and ehhh
I disagree entirely with the connections they make here, but it doesn't detract from much. There's also, as always, the easiest headcanon solution of: They're lying.