Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Gologle posted:

Hang on, in BG1 wasn't Imoen always considered your little sister? She and the main character grew up together in Candlekeep, right? Or was it more like best friends?
No you were really close friends.

Her adopted dad was the fat inn keeper instead of the scrub wizard who doesn't even have 3 wands of paralysis on his quickbar to just ruin any single class fighter's day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Real Imoen spoiler: in wilderness AR5500 there is a small loot able crack where you can find the lost G from her name.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Cloudkill is ur char farting.
But I can fart more than once per day.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Among other roleplaying reasons, you need to end as a mortal to see the romance conclusions.

That also means you can "fix" the damaged goods elven waif with your true love, have a child with her (that she crams into her backpack carries through your adventures in game), and then just ghost her to become a god.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Baldurs Gate 3 is so horny it has completely drowned out the ability to Google for the extremely 90s things the prostitutes say as you wander around Baldurs Gate.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Engine limitation. Instead Tempus absolutely would prefer you periodically challenge peasants to mortal combat. If you're rep 20 you have room to fight someone new is where Branwen is leaning.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Base stats aren't even real. Just drink potions.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I likely won't play BG3 for years to tell where it lands but Icewind Dale's setting dressing is the only good D&D game writing. The only reason I have not to call it best written is the whole stunt at the end that makes it all Drizzt fan fiction.

The Pathfinder games do have really fun character writing that is a great antidote to the Bioware party member tropes that have permeated this style of game. They all feel like characters played by weirdos you find on a bulletin board ad, even the special Pathfinder copyrighted snowflakes (especially the snowflakes). That also means the annoying characters are truly annoying which turns people off.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can't bone down in BG2 without first fixing your partners issues as is the proper Christian way.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m certainly no prude but can you turn off the dick suckin and such?
No one will stop you if you want to get turned off by dick suckin and such. That's between you and your therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Take me back to the good old days where they just traced the sexy ladies from celebrity head shots instead of manifesting their fetishes on the goth lady from art school.