Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Come on. You enjoy having chiropractors give you permanent back damage. You might even drink some herbal poo poo on the regular. Post here so we can laugh at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Does weed count OP?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Seems like these forums could use some 'alt' medicine right now lmbo

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My older brothet his deatail because of it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Zeluth posted:

My older brothet his deatail because of it.

O RLY?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
V8 is good for me because it has all the vegetables and fruits at once.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

V8 is good for me because it has all the vegetables and fruits at once.

Even durian?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Is lembas bread alt medicine?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Does weed count OP?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

mfers reslly be out here stabbing themselves with dozens of needles and saying it’s helping their juju to reset their herniated disk lol

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
"Alt medicine" is medicine that doesn't work. If it worked, it would be called, "medicine".

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
The Harriet Hall videos are probably worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8MfjLNsf_miVcNu6eJMNigAMNwQkk_B9

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Don't be a baby op. Make your own medicine.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I take these "digestive and immune support" gummies that taste absolutely delicious and all the amazon reviews are like "MADE MY PUSSY SMELL GOOD" and "NO MORE PUSSY PROBLEMS AFTER TAKING THESE".

I do not have a pussy.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sometimes i roll baoding balls when im bored

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Milo and POTUS posted:

I take these "digestive and immune support" gummies that taste absolutely delicious and all the amazon reviews are like "MADE MY PUSSY SMELL GOOD" and "NO MORE PUSSY PROBLEMS AFTER TAKING THESE".

I do not have a pussy.

The pussy is an important part of the digestive system.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you havin pussy problems i feel bad for you son,
i got 99 holes but a puss ain't one

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
I shove crystals up my butt, it really aligns the Chakras.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

baalaagaa posted:

I shove crystals up my butt, it really aligns the Cheekras.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I keep a .45 caliber sleeping pill in the drawer just in case.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A chiropractor saved my health after 2 years of working with orthopedic doctors. BUT I also realize some chiropractors can be quacks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mom used to take me to a chiropractor when I was a kid, guess I lucked out because I didn't end up with a crooked spine or anything. NGL though, those back cracks felt hella good.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is alternative medicine like alternative music?

I need some help with my Jane's Addiction.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Toxic Mental posted:

mfers reslly be out here stabbing themselves with dozens of needles and saying it’s helping their juju to reset their herniated disk lol
I never believed in acupuncture, attributing its results to placebo effect until I saw it done in dogs. It legit has short term therapeutic effects. I don't think it's like, chakra nonsense, but maybe some sort of endorphin/dopamine release. I dunno. Dogs came in limping, and left not limping. It was a short duration of effect, but it seemed to help keep them comfortable while they healed in conjunction with traditional medication.

The only other explanation is that the dogs believe in acupuncture. So I guess put me down for kind of sort of believing in acupuncture, but I probably wouldn't ever do it myself.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Vegetable posted:

Come on. You enjoy having chiropractors give you permanent back damage. You might even drink some herbal poo poo on the regular. Post here so we can laugh at you

Sounds like something a Leo would say :rolleyes:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I never believed in acupuncture, attributing its results to placebo effect until I saw it done in dogs. It legit has short term therapeutic effects. I don't think it's like, chakra nonsense, but maybe some sort of endorphin/dopamine release. I dunno. Dogs came in limping, and left not limping. It was a short duration of effect, but it seemed to help keep them comfortable while they healed in conjunction with traditional medication.

The only other explanation is that the dogs believe in acupuncture. So I guess put me down for kind of sort of believing in acupuncture, but I probably wouldn't ever do it myself.

dogs are incredibly easy to fool. they absolutely believe in acupuncture

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Pharmacists piss in your drugs. There was a study and it turns out "real" medicine is mostly pharmacist piss

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
My actual real doctor put me on St Johns Wort and sometimes other weird stuff. I sometimes use topical medicines mostly hoping the weird smell gives me some sort of placebo benefit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Internet Old One posted:

My actual real doctor put me on St Johns Wort and sometimes other weird stuff. I sometimes use topical medicines mostly hoping the weird smell gives me some sort of placebo benefit.

I take warm piss blasts directly to the face and chest and it makes me feel like a monster of health

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I do not have a pussy.

Sounds like they work then.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

it’s still better than soundcloud medicine

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I had an English professor in college that believed in homeopathy, like to cure a cold you take 1/1000 of a mg of X mineral resolved in Y liquid according to some chart, and then increase the dose incrementally until you feel better. She once came into class wheezing from a bad cold and admitted that maybe she needed to go to a real doctor.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dogs are incredibly easy to fool. they absolutely believe in acupuncture

???????

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My doctor told me he has to suck the demons out through my dick

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Bip Roberts posted:

I take warm piss blasts directly to the face and chest and it makes me feel like a monster of health

I’ll bet the effect will be even more pronounced if you have the administering parties dress up in lab coats or nurses uniforms. Remember placebo is real medicine.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Internet Old One posted:

My actual real doctor put me on St Johns Wort and sometimes other weird stuff.

I've run into this kind of thing several times in the last few years. For example, an actual no-poo poo doctor wanted to perform accupuncture on my wife for migraines she was having (turned out after I pushed for an MRI it was an ear infection about to spread into her brain. Woops!).

Either doctors are as crazy as everyone else post-covid, or the crazies have driven the normal ones out if the profession.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Being stabbed with many needles would tend to take one's mind off other aches and pains for a while.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Weed addicts when you tell them their drug that they're dependent on (because theyre loving losers) isn't a cure-all for every single ailment:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

BigBadSteve posted:

Being stabbed with many needles would tend to take one's mind off other aches and pains for a while.
Yeah, like I said, not chakra or anything, but some actual physiological response. If the very tiny needles hurt less than the other pain, and offer some sort of short term relief, why not?