Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Yeah I believe in ALT medicine.

A
Lesbian
Three-way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
if alternative medicine worked we'd just call it medicine

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Well now I have little choice

https://youtu.be/HhGuXCuDb1U?si=uDZChqm3xrmYqqGZ

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The patient can have a little alternative medicine, as a treat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Related?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

Doc, my personality is wretched and I have a hard time stringing together more than a few thoughts.

I'm going to have to prescribe you 5hrs of poo poo posting a day, make anywhere from 1-25 terrible posts daily.
If your symptoms last you can double your intake.

dude goes to the doctor. says he's depressed. says life seems harsh and cruel. says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. doctor says, "treatment is simple. the great poster ASSLORD_69 is hanging out in the chat thread tonight. go and post with them. that should cheer you up." dude bursts into tears and says, "but doctor...i am ASSLORD_69

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dick Fontaine posted:

dude goes to the doctor. says he's depressed. says life seems harsh and cruel. says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. doctor says, "treatment is simple. the great poster ASSLORD_69 is hanging out in the chat thread tonight. go and post with them. that should cheer you up." dude bursts into tears and says, "but doctor...i am ASSLORD_69

What a twist :chanpop:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I like homeopathic remedies because the ones that come in little sugar balls are pretty tasty

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

https://youtu.be/HMGIbOGu8q0

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

:lol:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I don't believe in alt medicine, but my brother 's ex-FIL used to treat his cancer by pumping carrot juice up his rear end in the shower each morning with a Fleet enema bottle he kept hanging in the shower stall. His wife is one of those people who starts one failed local business after the last and at that time had a vitamin/supplement shop.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
That sounds like the least enjoyable way to put carrot up your bum

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I believe in the using the scientific method to explore and test medical theories.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bossy lady posted:

i have been practicing the ancient mystical art of anal yoga

Kirk? Is that you? We all thought you were dead.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Lately on Paramount+ they've been advertising this medicine that stops you from getting HIV.

It's not for people who already have HIV, and it doesn't stop you from getting any other STD's so you still have to practice safe sex.

I imagine it's probably for people with a partner who has HIV but as they never mention that it just comes across as a really weird drug.

Or maybe it stops HIV people from getting AIDS? I don't know.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i rub corned beef on my torso to help increase muscle growth

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Is alternative medicine like alternative music?

I need some help with my Jane's Addiction.

heh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
also no I am very smart

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I mean, sometimes I don't use paracetamol, instead I use ibuprofen or aspirin or something? Those are my sorts of alternative medicines.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Acupuncture seems like a last resort for mild symptoms type thing, unless you're rich I guess and can afford to go shopping everywhere for traditional medicine

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Jelly posted:

Lately on Paramount+ they've been advertising this medicine that stops you from getting HIV.

It's not for people who already have HIV, and it doesn't stop you from getting any other STD's so you still have to practice safe sex.

I imagine it's probably for people with a partner who has HIV but as they never mention that it just comes across as a really weird drug.

extremely confusing avatar/post combo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Jelly posted:

it's for men who have sex with men you silly goose

Jelly posted:

it doesn't stop you from getting any other STD's so you still have to practice safe sex.

lol

lmao

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i rub corned beef on my torso to help increase muscle growth

huh. going to take a look at this thanks op

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Can confirm, rubbed corned beef on my balls and increased my size 3 times in 30 days.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

homepathic lagers :lmao:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

im lookin at a surplus of salami is that going to do the trick

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

My partner's aunt is treating her leukemia with alt medicine BS, going to "doctors" practicing out of their basement and refusing to get chemo so the leukemia clinic refuses to run her numbers for her anymore since she's not seeking serious treatment.

Her husband made the bold claim to me of "Have you ever heard of anyone getting better from chemo?" I didn't want to get into it so kept my mouth shut, but yea, my mom before I was born you rear end in a top hat.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

McSpanky posted:

homepathic lagers :lmao:

Hit by a car, so get a bit of car and dilute it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

OMFG FURRY posted:

sometimes i roll baoding balls when im bored

I carry worry beads for my general anxiety poo poo

Also have a very obvious motor issue that is stopped dead, magic bullet fixed, by low dose weed

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
bf is big into Chinese herbal medicine, and takes a small sachet of herbal mix to boost his immune system and forces me to take it when I'm sick. I wonder how much of that stuff is actually effective and how much is just mysticism and placebo effects.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Who needs modern medicine when I got a hole in my skull to let out evil spirits and an ice pick in my frontal lobe to soak in the toxins.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Pump all teh silver into my body

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Some of it is basically like that. I was actually pretty surprised by what I found when I looked into the st johns wort my psych gave me.

Like its a fairly effective antidepressant with few side effects but I guess prescribers dont know much about it.

On the flip side it is real medicine and none of the directions on any bottle from any vendor described what my doctor said Id need to do to make it work and Ive seen websites telling people to stack it up with a bunch of other nutritional supplements that will probably send you to the hospital or kill you when used together.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Archer666 posted:

bf is big into Chinese herbal medicine, and takes a small sachet of herbal mix to boost his immune system and forces me to take it when I'm sick. I wonder how much of that stuff is actually effective and how much is just mysticism and placebo effects.

Well if you get a good placebo then its working the concerning thing is that youre ingesting it and have no way of knowing if youre wrecking your body. I have some topical stuff that basically has no way of actually doing anything for half the problems I use it for but it probably cant hurt me and does often make me feel better. It smells weird and takes itself very seriously so at least some part of my body thinks thats good enough.

The guy who published the paper that vitamin C is no good for colds said he would probably still continue to take it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jelly posted:

If it's that Biktarvy ad that plays every commercial break on Hulu (and sometimes twice), the actors would have been a better fit for Ozempic.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

baalaagaa posted:

I shove crystals up my butt, it really aligns the Chakras.

my sister in law tried to get me to put crystals in my bra to help with headaches caused by an as-yet undiagnosed brain tumor. she also got all of us on the CBD oil train, which also did gently caress-all, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

His wife is one of those people who starts one failed local business after the last and at that time had a vitamin/supplement shop.

thats my SIL too. she's stopped doing that to focus on homeschooling because "they don't teach the 'right' things in school."

DemonDarkhorse fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 13, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Come on. You enjoy having chiropractors give you permanent back damage. You might even drink some herbal poo poo on the regular. Post here so we can laugh at you

yes i drink herbal tea, peppermint usually, it taste good, i dont get whats so funny about it but ok :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Earwicker posted:

yes i drink herbal tea, peppermint usually, it taste good, i dont get whats so funny about it but ok :confused:

Peppermint tea is really good.

Tea can be good for a few mild symptoms like sore throat. Sometimes I make just plain honey tea for a sore throat, splash a little milk in and that's it.