Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Printers?
They are all terrible and I stand with the OP
I love printers, actually :)
Just by only good printers bitch!!!
Printing my boot on OP's dumb loving face irl
Goku
View Results

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Printers are worthless. They are garbage. I loving hate printers. HATE HATE HATE HATE. They are all loving stupid and will always find new and exciting* ways to produce failure.
  • No ink
  • There is ink installed, but it is the Bad Unauthorized Ink
  • No paper
  • There is paper available, but it is the Bad Unauthorized Paper
  • Valid Good Ink is installed, but the printer refuses to draw any of it
  • Valid Good Paper is available, but the printer refuses to use any of it
  • The printer's firmware is out of date
  • The printer needs a firmware update before it will attempt to print, but it will not update
  • The printer thinks the wi-fi connection is false, despite being flawless and 2 feet away
  • The printer thinks the ethernet connection is false, despite being flawless with a 20 foot cable
  • The printer will only turn on if your computer also has an internet connection it can leech off of
  • The printer will only turn on if your computer also has an internet connection it can leech off of and you have a third party account that automatically orders more ink with your credit card without permission randomly
  • The printer has reached a hidden Maximum Print Criteria value and refuses to print anything because it hit a quota
  • The AQI was above 15 for ten seconds and a piece of dust got into a spool, thus permanently disabling the printer
not exciting

Look at all of these loving LIES:

Now look at this undisputable universal truth:

There is no sane soul that would look at a printer and decide "Yes. I approve of this. I love printers, actually. Show me more."

This is the only sane, rational response to a printer existing. All should actively hunt down and destroy all printers into the smallest possible piece so printers may no longer defile this world or any plane of existence with their putrid pestilent printing presence.

All printers loving suck rear end and I hate them. :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
U gotta print stuff out sometimes OP

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Why do they call it printer when you load letter in the wet ink of out tray print the paper?

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

I have a flexible attitude on collateral damage when it comes to printers

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
I have a brother laser printer and it works great zero issues

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i hate paper poo poo. any printed thing that is handed to me, or comes in the mail goes straight into the fireplace. if there's no fireplace around, it just burn nit with my laser eyes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
when I see wet paper I want to throw up

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Raldikuk posted:

I have a brother laser printer and it works great zero issues

this is the way

inkjets were an evolutionary mistake like koalas,
and may they all burn on the ash heap of history.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

PC load letter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

They made a movie about this.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

printing amazon return labels, op

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Buce posted:

i hate paper poo poo. any printed thing that is handed to me, or comes in the mail goes straight into the fireplace. if there's no fireplace around, it just burn nit with my laser eyes.

books?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

dot matrix printers are cool because they come with a soundtrack

also its fun to rip off the edges

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

anyone has a printer they can lend me I live just down the street

I'd appreciate if you'd carry it for me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

anyone has a printer they can lend me I live just down the street

I'd appreciate if you'd carry it for me

I drive around town with a wifi enabled printer

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My printer was being a huge piece of poo poo and not working after I spent a bunch of money on ink so I lost my mind and whipped it across the room, scanner glass shattering everywhere.

The usb wasnt plugged in lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I DM D&D and my players make combat take forever if I let them use their phones or tablets for their character sheets so my rule as DM is that everyone has to use a paper sheet; my printer exists entirely to enforce this

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021
Computers became smaller, faster and more elegant throughout my life. Printers are as poo poo now that they were then.

I think they're the vanguard of the machine rebellion but maintaining a campaign of low level sabotage. Until the more dangerous equipment gains sentience.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Printers exist so that bosses can refuse to pay for supplies or maintenance for them and yell at you when the print quality goes to poo poo, that’s the only reason.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Look at me I'm a stupid rear end printer I can't print without margins unless you buy an extra fancy model HURRRRR

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I used my printer to print out my kayak registration application and my fishing license. It was helpful

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I print shipping labels all the time, op.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

got a $40 printer from Costco six years ago and never had any problems, sorry for your brain, op

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

leather-bound and printed on only the finest silk. never paper.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I got a brother HL-2280DW laser printer and scanner like 10 years ago from Staples and it's been working great I can print PDFs from my phone I think

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They should have only one button and all it does is eat hot chip and lie

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

frumpykvetchbot posted:

this is the way

inkjets were an evolutionary mistake like koalas,
and may they all burn on the ash heap of history.

yes

my brother hl-2170w is the single best piece of technology I have ever owned

I don't print a lot but when I do it starts blinking its little blue light telling me "I'm on it buddy" and a few seconds later I have my piece of paper with stuff printed on

I love it and I will weep bitter tears if it ever dies

inkjets are garbage though

not the worst technology, that dubious honour is shared by the floppy disk and the micro-usb connector, but very close

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
what would the goon have brought to that one girls house

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lmao people still use ink printers? I've had a laser printer since like 2006 and have missed color printing exactly zero times. And have changed the toner twice I think? Your second mistake is using an HP device, lol

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
a fax? get real.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I invented the printer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My brother HL-2280DW also does duplex printing which means it can print on both sides of paper which helps save paper

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

leather-bound and printed on only the finest silk. never paper.

A man of fashion and taste. Also probably Marketing Department.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Peggy Edson posted:

Lmao people still use ink printers? I've had a laser printer since like 2006 and have missed color printing exactly zero times. And have changed the toner twice I think? Your second mistake is using an HP device, lol

Imagine not having a color laser printer...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smugworth posted:

My brother HL-2280DW also does duplex printing which means it can print on both sides of paper which helps save paper

Brother is good poo poo, I have the 2380

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Stfu bitch

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How else am I supposed to save all these feet pics in a folder?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Isn't that a lot of cas-

Oh it's three olives

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

How else am I supposed to save all these feet pics in a folder?

think about the trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Imagine living all your life as a tree then getting cut down, beaten to a pulp, and then having your body slurry to have feet pics inked on it