Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RavenousScoot posted:

Papa John's leaked pizza experiments during off hours in the 'ria revealed to have been in pursuit of a new fast food supersoldier, The Roid, to combat his nemesis from Dominos.

Makes sense. Cross a man and The Noid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

wait are the bunny ears part of the suit or part of the noid?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If the Noid isn't here in 30 minutes I'll sue Papa John's myself

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
drat a lot of people be dropping the n(oid) word around here.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

If the Noid isn't here in 30 minutes I'll sue Papa John's myself

That's the thing, The Noid is always there.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

bossy lady posted:

I believe papa john will die by lowering himself in garlic butter like arnold at the end of terminator 2.

"garlic" "butter"

that poo poo is probably mostly vegetable oil :rubby:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Treecko posted:

If I was his lawyer I'd eat all his peppochinis and laugh right in his face

Good thing I'm not a lawyer

Seems like a bad thing actually

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Unless you’re some kind of no good pepperoncini hater

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Papa John Schnatter, his upper lip glistening in the sun,

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

RavenousScoot posted:

with the ears, he listens to the subtlest whispers of your heart, and if the secrets in that heart cause it to weigh more than a slice of medium two-topping pizza it's thrown to the Devourer of Souls, obliterating you instantly and utterly

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Woolie Wool posted:

"garlic" "butter"

It's Papa John's face oil

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
your honor I would like to go on the record re: the n word and how it was entrapment,

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Little Caesars founder paid Rosa Parks rent for 11years

He also prospected on blight and held inner city asphalt car parks for decades effectively barring development in Downtown Detroit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RavenousScoot posted:

the only important part is the nussy

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Poohs Packin posted:

He also prospected on blight and held inner city asphalt car parks for decades effectively barring development in Downtown Detroit.

you're sayin he was anti-gentrification?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

feller posted:

you're sayin he was anti-gentrification?

:rolleyes:

This is probably the dumbest bad faith argument I've ever heard so congratulations?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mike Ilitch was a land of contrasts.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Beta John Schnatter dropping the N-word.

Alpha Mike Illitch supporting a black civil rights activist while systematically eroding the tax base of the most segregated city in the country.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So does the Noid gently caress the pizzas, or
..?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Papa John should go to jail because all he had to do to be set for the rest of his life was not be racist and he couldn’t do it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Das Boo posted:

So does the Noid gently caress the pizzas, or
..?

Buddy…

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I always thought it was insanely stupid that he waited for a racial sensitivity training to complain that Col. Sanders could use the N word until I sat through a corporate sensitivity training for work and listened to a coworker complain that they couldn’t use Jewish slurs in every day speech anymore and I was like oh duh people are racist and dumb nevermind

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Poohs Packin posted:

:rolleyes:

This is probably the dumbest bad faith argument I've ever heard so congratulations?

It was a joke weirdo

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

feller posted:

It was a joke weirdo

Well now the thread is familiar with yet another pizza villain.

Personally, I always thought Papa John's was weird. The cheese formed this weird plate atop the crust.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Poohs Packin posted:

Beta John Schnatter dropping the N-word.

Alpha Mike Illitch supporting a black civil rights activist while systematically eroding the tax base of the most segregated city in the country.

let me guess if he built stuff he would also be bad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

im super mad about little caesar's tower (very distinct from caesar's palace)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

pencilhands posted:

He did build stuff, a giant hockey arena, and he made the city pay for it. So yes.

Systematically depressed the economy of the downtown area, and then asked the city for contributions for revitalisation.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news/how-the-ilitches-used-dereliction-by-design-to-get-their-new-detroit-arena-5532824

They felt pretty bad about it though!

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

RavenousScoot posted:

this was a mistake

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

RavenousScoot posted:

this was a mistake

lmao

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The instance in which he said the n-word that was doctored was said insultingly. In context I believe he said about a colleague "this guy calls people (n-word) and I can't let a guy that says things like that around". Either way, I'll be lolling in this thread if it turns out true and you were being assholes.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
papa jorns

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Woolie Wool posted:

"garlic" "butter"

It's margarine and garlic powder. It's also weird that lots of pizza places don't have an equivalent since it's easy to make, dirt cheap, and delicious

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Foxfire_ posted:

It's margarine and garlic powder. It's also weird that lots of pizza places don't have an equivalent since it's easy to make, dirt cheap, and delicious

idk. All of the pizza places near me put flavor into their pizza so I don't have to dip it in garlic salted fat to make it taste OK

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Devils Affricate posted:

Transcript of the entrapment incident:

:) "Hey Papa John, I bet you must really hate N-"
:haw: "N****RS! YEP!"
:( "...Noid."

"The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s."

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Haha it's not good

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

he out in the streets swangin that papa jawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Look, the Papa was tryin to say that the Colonel used the n word and didn't face public backlash, and that is not ok!!! But they made it sound like the Papa John wanted to use the n-word like the Colonel because he though the Colonel was cool! So that's why he's suing!

So you see, Papa is not racist! He does not think the Colonel is cool!