Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Little Caesars founder paid Rosa Parks rent for 11years

He also prospected on blight and held inner city asphalt car parks for decades effectively barring development in Downtown Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

feller posted:

you're sayin he was anti-gentrification?

:rolleyes:

This is probably the dumbest bad faith argument I've ever heard so congratulations?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Beta John Schnatter dropping the N-word.

Alpha Mike Illitch supporting a black civil rights activist while systematically eroding the tax base of the most segregated city in the country.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

feller posted:

It was a joke weirdo

Well now the thread is familiar with yet another pizza villain.

Personally, I always thought Papa John's was weird. The cheese formed this weird plate atop the crust.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

pencilhands posted:

let me guess if he built stuff he would also be bad

He did build stuff, a giant hockey arena, and he made the city pay for it. So yes.

Systematically depressed the economy of the downtown area, and then asked the city for contributions for revitalisation.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news/how-the-ilitches-used-dereliction-by-design-to-get-their-new-detroit-arena-5532824

They felt pretty bad about it though!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Haha it's not good

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Man, what would Papa John say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bossy lady posted:

I assume papa john was one of the assailants. Indignant that his own employees didn't recognize him.

The joke is that he'd probably say the n word