Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Blackchamber posted:

I know this is going to come down to money, but does he really need money that bad right now? Last I heard he still has his mansion and he wasn't broke, he just stepped down as CEO right?

I think a normal person would just disappear, live in their mansion and just hope the world forgets this all happened. I don't see how he wins this case, there is no context in which dropping the N-bomb, especially in a work setting, would be acceptable. I don't know if hes heard but the 'They say it all the time' excuse is not an excuse (he is going to be asked who he meant by "they" I'm sure). So this just seems nuts to me that he'd want to put all this poo poo in the spotlight again.

This is a guy who sold his high school car to buy a pizza oven, got rich, and then like 20 years later he missed his car and it was still fine and he bought it back.

In his world it probably seems perfectly reasonable that he can bounce back from N word in the middle of a conference call.

Triikan posted:

If you're talking the papa bowls, Marcos Pizza came out with those like fifteen years ago.

Remember when Pizza In A Cup was a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Hippocrass posted:

No. you see, when PapaJohn lamented that you 'Couldn't make Blazing Saddles today' he was criticizing modern society's over-sensitivity to fart jokes!
Not the n-word thing!

The funny thing is a black guy or maybe even bill burr could probably pull off blazing saddles. Bill Burr’s whole thing is being woke while keeping his audience on the edge of their seats waiting for cranky white boston guy racism to start coming out of his mouth.