Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Last year I replayed Metal Gear Solid 3 for the first time, and really loved the character of Para-Medic and called her to talk to her and hear her and Snake chat about movies every chance I got. When I finished the game I had the idea of making a project of watching every movie she talks about--the ones I had seen I really loved, and some of the ones I hadn't were classics I knew I needed to get around to and this seemed like a good excuse.

I figured I'd make a thread of it here to keep me on track, and see if anyone else wanted to give it a try too. If not it will at least be a place to post my own thoughts as I go through and to give myself a little more motivation to continue--I hadn't watched too many movies this year period as other hobbies pushed it away and when I did watch something it would rarely be one on the list.

The full list is here: https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Para-Medic#Movies_mentioned

My list before starting the project (yes, I'm the guy who saw Them! before I saw Doctor Strangelove or The Bridge on the River Kwai):

My list as it currently stands (I actually did more than I realized in hindsight):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I remember watching the guns of navarone often on tv as a kid and I loved it.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
a lot of those movies suck

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jason and the argonauts is so sick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

was going to ask about how you liked Forbidden Planet and then i realized i was confusing it with Fantastic Planet, whoops lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

was going to ask about how you liked Forbidden Planet and then i realized i was confusing it with Fantastic Planet, whoops lol

forbidden planet ftw, young leslie nielsen kicks rear end nd looks exactly like old leslie nielsen

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

forbidden planet ftw, young leslie nielsen kicks rear end nd looks exactly like old leslie nielsen

lol god he does

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

From Russia with love is a top 3 bond movie, go watch that immediately

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

From Russia with love is a top 3 bond movie, go watch that immediately

it really does kick rear end, all th sean connery movies ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield