Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

SRQ posted:

- Unable to install on various hard drives because they were just TOO DANG BIG. How the gently caress you manage to balls this up so bad that within years of your OS release you can't actually install it on anything I don't even know. Mac and Windows* don't have this problem so it's not like it was some sort of secret mythical magic.

how are you only just discovering that drive size limits are a thing in older OSes? :psyduck:

DOS didn't like anything over 504MB. early windows didn't like 2GB. various BIOS bugs caused 8GB, 32GB, or 64GB limits. and >128GB wasn't supported until one of the XP service packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

echinopsis posted:

what does the os/2 stand for? operating system?? 2?????

"orgasm stimulator 2"

it's actually derived from the OS that ran on every 90s vibrator"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

OS/5 was banned in japan because it had an icon of a gun and a kid shot his sister