Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I thought the capitalism.png thread was the new covid thread

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Still haven't been sick or tested poz despite domestic and international air travel to destinations of full suck and gently caress. I am more virile and full of fury than ever :cheers: Wear an Aura.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Covid 18 was better

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol they made you mod. good luck

talked about it with Jeffery and i'll be going through each megathread to reboot them

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I've never gotten covid and haven't ever worn anything more than a cloth mask. anyone needs tips hmu

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fosborb posted:

talked about it with Jeffery and i'll be going through each megathread to reboot them
you were an incomprehensible ik op and I expect you to be the same as mod

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op i have your cure for covid it's called deez nutz!!!!!!!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

fosborb posted:

sorry for your loss

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol you're a mod now, goondolences :rip:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
[COVID-23]

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

willroc7 posted:

Are there any good new data or studies out there regarding pediatric booster effectiveness?

i haven’t looked very hard but I’m just gonna say "no there isn’t". the number of children boosted is vanishingly small, enrollment and control of any study is extremely difficult, and the interest in evaluating ongoing / "novel" efficacy has waned. there’s insane confounds given administration date, generally understood waning of circulating antibodies, etc. the new prevailing strains are divergent enough for it not to matter anyway.

very generally: any recent shots seem to provide at least Some (unquantifiable) protection against severe disease, long Covid, and death.

I also want to make it abundantly clear to you and all posters that your kids (or you yourself!) having Covid before DOES NOT MATTER. each subsequent infection is worse, any given infection provides transient partial protection at best, and the window looks to be roughly 4-6 months. this is similar to how it works for betacoronaviruses generally and the line of "hybrid immunity" has been an incredible falsehood from the outset.

it’s a tough situation right now. a current booster probably won’t do much, but it might, and if you can finagle the new one immediately, it doesn’t look like there’s much to LOSE from getting them an available shot now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The goon doctor covid thread isn't worth linking to - it has no posts since May 2020, so any information there is badly outdated.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

im gay and not sick (probably)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Chamale posted:

The goon doctor covid thread isn't worth linking to - it has no posts since May 2020, so any information there is badly outdated.

people seemed very interested in having a covid thread in the goon doctor forum and I was surprised they didn't know it already had one

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I had to go home for a funeral and was the only person masking on two fully seated 737 flights that were 2+ hours each way

nobody was masking through two full days of viewings and a service and luncheon the third day

lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Voice of Labor posted:

I notice missing from the op is how pat from achewood would approach covid

Etsy mask banging pots and pans -> vaccine -> showing up at school board meetings to demand a return to normal

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
do we know when exactly the new booster comes out? and if it will be gatekept? my wife is going to Japan at the end of September and I’ll be having my kidney cancer removed around the same time. would like us both to be boosted for that but I fear it won’t be out in time

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

fosborb posted:

people seemed very interested in having a covid thread in the goon doctor forum and I was surprised they didn't know it already had one

Yeah that wasn't sincere

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
:monocle:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

nexous posted:

do we know when exactly the new booster comes out? and if it will be gatekept? my wife is going to Japan at the end of September and I’ll be having my kidney cancer removed around the same time. would like us both to be boosted for that but I fear it won’t be out in time

"by the end of September," but possibly into October before they get shipped and actually available. haven't seen anything more specific yet.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I, for one, am shocked that the individuals that personally caused this pandemic whom i wish violence against to protect this crazy insane thread which I encourage to make homemade bleach to wash their food and gossip about the latest celebrety mystery covid death with, would be a nefarious posting cabal crew trying to shut down this thread to whom I wish disease upon as they do not follow covid precautions to the same degree that I do

ThatBasqueGuy has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Aug 16, 2023

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
drat you joe biden

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Sick

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Nice star fosborb

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

fosborb posted:

Thenk you for your service.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I, for one, am shocked that the individuals that personally caused this pandemic whom i wish violence against to protect this crazy insane thread which I encourage to make homemade bleach to wash their food and gossip about the latest celebrety mystery covid death with, would be a nefarious posting cabal crew trying to shut down this thread to whom I wish disease upon as they do not follow covid precautions to the same degree that I do

after an extensive conversation with The Team, i'm sorry we have to delete your account now

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

HOCl isn't bleach though

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

mawarannahr posted:

HOCl isn't bleach though

it is if you get the pH wrong

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

congratulations and/or condolences :toot:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just love that fresh new thread taste and smell

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

declared thread bankruptcy so hard it went into new administration

ibid
Aug 18, 2022

by vyelkin

mawarannahr posted:

HOCl isn't bleach though

nexous posted:

it is if you get the pH wrong

If you get the pH wrong it's not HOCL.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

lol you're a mod now, goondolences :rip:

(fosborb entering mod forum in full ppe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbDz43aq78w

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i believe that it is important to avoid infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

lets be normal now

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mola Yam posted:

i believe that it is important to avoid infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2

Which variant is the one you're planning on getting to optimally configure your natural immunity to all other variants?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've never gotten covid and haven't ever worn anything more than a cloth mask. anyone needs tips hmu

Bum the Sad posted:

What do you think led you down the road to being a failure in life?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bg3 but you're infected with og covid and plugging covid variants directly into your brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

nexous posted:

drat you joe biden

Joevid-19: Beau's Revenge (Dupont Heir edition)