Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

NeonPunk posted:

Uhh, is that right Zantie? Cuz that's a big rise in death when everything else is on the decline

That's what the state reported, yeah. They mention ED and hospitalizations aren't be counted correctly atm so backfill might make those less of a decline as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

:itwaspoo:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
also lol that covid is airborne aids making it far more likely bird flu can take hold in humans

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A lesson in scientific literacy,

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1777755823743054120

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Creating my HRT double blind study to satisfy ideologically motivated transphobes by force femming half of them.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

DominoKitten posted:

Random rumor PSA I ran into on BluSky:

It's relevant me because I have some family travel coming up in June and wanted to make sure the more vulnerable person in our crew was boosted before we went.

mmm, I hope not, wanted to wait till June to get boosted for summer travel, and would definitely like to have novavax.

Boosting right now when cases are low and we aren't travelling seems like a big ol' waste and the wrong timing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Platystemon posted:

John’s face in the thumbnail detracts from the post.

always appreciate a good rant about our lovely doctors

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

the chain of transmission is too long and inefficient, just cut out the middleman and put poultry litter in the human food supply imo

what do you think your bespoke organic garden fertilizer is made from, friend?

quote:

Poultry manure products are one of the most commonly available non-chemical fertilisers on the market. Poultry manure is a useful source of nitrogen, the main nutrient that plants need for green leafy growth. It also contains smaller amounts of other important nutrients.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm actually after thinking about it, it's possible that those chickens just got sick after drinking up the milk that was just dumped out from the sick cows?

It's not like farmers are going to go through all the hassle to properly dispose of the milk when they can just dump all of it somewhere in a empty field.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oracle posted:

lol uh oh brb gonna check all the ingredients in my fertilizer

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

NeonPunk posted:

https://twitter.com/BirdieBittern/status/1780638610691178680

They scrubbed the article pretty quickly but the internet never forget https://t.co/f0rudleNdD

Don't worry it's up to you to decide to eat venison from cwd positive animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5YOdGPGEg

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Eating bush meat is only bad when africans do it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baddog posted:

Eating bush meat is only bad when africans do it

Very unfair criticism of the world’s leading political/economic/health apparatus.

It is also bad when Chinese people do it.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
cervid

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ermahgerd, cervid!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/ann_mcnitt/status/1780769018430832947?s=46

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.giphy.com/JXVNXDppAYJz4YoCFi.mp4

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Uhh, is that right Zantie? Cuz that's a big rise in death when everything else is on the decline

[Pestilence] a big rise in death when everything else is on the decline

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Bold lines in the tables are new since the previous update.

Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.

pre:
Olympic Peninsula & Northwest Wash.
County		Shed ID	Ref.	Date	Trend	7-Day Change
Jefferson	PT	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    -  90%
Mason		Biobot	(4)	Apr-13	UP	    + 450%
Skagit		ANA	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    - 25%
Skagit		MV	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    -  65%
Whatcom		LYN	(1)	Apr-11	STEADY	    ± 0-9%
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]

pre:
North Puget Sound [1 of 2]
Island		COUP	(1)	Apr-12	DOWN	    - 10%
Island		OH	(1)	Apr-12	UP	    +  40%
Snohomish	APP	(1)	Apr-09	STEADY	    ± 0-9%
Snohomish	ARL	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    -  60%
Snohomish	EVR	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    - 30%
Snohomish	STAN	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    -  60%
Snohomish	256	(3)	Apr-12	STEADY	    ± 0-9%
North Puget Sound [2 of 2] <- Correction

pre:
North Puget Sound [2 of 2]
King		BWT	(1)	Apr-10	UP	    +  90%
King		KCS	(1)	Apr-10	UP	    + 65%
King		WSPT	(1)	Apr-09	UP	    +  25%
South Puget Sound & Southwest

pre:
South Puget Sound & Southwest
Clark		MRPK	(1)	Apr-10	UP	    +  10%
Clark		SNCK	(1)	Apr-09	DOWN	    - 15%
Clark		VWS	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    - 15%
Lewis		Biobot	(4)	Apr-06	DOWN	    - 25%
Pierce		CC	(1)	Apr-12	UP	    +  40%
Pierce		PUY	(1)	Apr-08	STEADY	    ± 0-9%
Thurston	LOTT	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    - 10%
North & South Central Wash.

pre:
North & South Central Wash.
Benton		WRCH	(1)	Apr-11	UP	    + 110%
Chelan		WEN	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    -  60%
Grant		EPH	(1)	Apr-10	DOWN	    -  70%
Kittitas	ELL	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    -  95%
Okanogan	BRW	(1)	Apr-08	DOWN	    -  55%
Yakima		YAK	(1)	Apr-11	DOWN	    - 15%
Northeast & Southeast Wash.

pre:
Northeast & Southeast Wash.
Franklin	PAS	(1)	Apr-12	DOWN	    - 35%
Spokane		RP	(1)	Apr-12	DOWN	    -  60%
Spokane		SPK	(1)	Apr-12	DOWN	    - 20%
Walla Walla	WALLA	(1)	Apr-08	UP	    +  10%
Whitman		PLM	(1)	Apr-12	DOWN	    - 25%
Solid lines are generated from normalized and smoothed data provided by the Washington State Department of Health (WADoH Ref. (1) ), Verily/WastewaterSCAN (WWS Ref. (3) ), and Biobot (Ref. (4) ).

White diamond dots are from most recent CDC/NWSS (Ref. (2) ) data scaled to supplement missing or out-dated data when available.

Because each of these four groups use different normalization methods, different smoothing methods, and different averaging/location identifiers, the concentration of virus is not comparable between locations. See reference links at the bottom of this post for more details.

There are 33 sewersheds distributed across 6 charts grouped by region then alphabetized by county and sewershed. The tables below contain WADoH or NWSS/WSS IDs (to match their respective dashboards), Date last sampled, Trend (based on the change between the averages of the two most recent weeks), and 7-Day Change (approx. amount the trend has increased or decreased).

All data presented are smoothed in some degree to even out inconsistent sampling dates and extreme highs and lows. Most sewersheds are sampled 1-3 times a week and are published within a week. Some locations are late reporting by 10 days or more so be sure to note your sewershed's Date in the table or graph. Locations that are more than two weeks old will have n/a listed under Trend to indicate there it is out of date.

References with links to details on y-axis units, normalization protocols, data limitations, and sampling methods:

Zantie has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Apr 19, 2024

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

U-DO Burger posted:

lol uh oh brb gonna check all the ingredients in my fertilizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRe5GuKgFR4

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
drat it, why are there are so many crazy sales on 1870+ Auras. Is this just overstock? I really wish there was a way to verify that you'd be getting the real thing. The real mask or the real covid, which one do you get? Ugh I guess it's best to not buy stuff from Someplace You've Never Heard Of Medical Supply Co

Edit: at this site where such auras are .45 cents each
https://www.coastems.com/products/3m-n95-disposable-particulate-respirator-surgical-mask-flat-folding-box-of-20?variant=42088551186629
you can also buy a convenient pack of friends! Omg EMS training stuff is kind of terrifying lol

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 07:55 on Apr 18, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oracle posted:

That reminds me of how potting mix is required to include a safety/handling warning here in Australia

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A friend's kid is attending a space camp equivalent course here in Australia, here's a social media post of the students planting up some "space gardens". I was pretty impressed that they're all wearing gloves and pretty decent masks even though they're outside on a balcony:

..... but then it occurred to me that they were wearing those gloves and masks because Australia has a health warning about potting mix due to potential Legionaire's Disease infection and the official recommendation is to wear gloves and masks when handling it.

The hospitals haven't exactly been swamped with cases:

quote:

There were 34 cases of Legionella longbeachae infection notified in Victoria since January 2021.

Have a guess whether anyone was wearing masks during the other space camp activities. LOL of course not

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Indoor Dying posted:

drat it, why are there are so many crazy sales on 1870+ Auras. Is this just overstock? I really wish there was a way to verify that you'd be getting the real thing. The real mask or the real covid, which one do you get? Ugh I guess it's best to not buy stuff from Someplace You've Never Heard Of Medical Supply Co

A state auctioned off 50 pallets of Auras for like $600, so I imagine a bunch of those pallets were sold to clearance discount resellers of various flavors. A local district here was also auctioned off some Auras, so it seems like places are getting rid of masks purchased in the mad PPE rush that were shoved into warehouses to be ignored.

Not saying that's the source, if you want to roll the dice on some of the discount Auras, you should at the very least perform a qualitative fit test for yourself.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

jetz0r posted:

A state auctioned off 50 pallets of Auras for like $600, so I imagine a bunch of those pallets were sold to clearance discount resellers of various flavors. A local district here was also auctioned off some Auras, so it seems like places are getting rid of masks purchased in the mad PPE rush that were shoved into warehouses to be ignored.

Not saying that's the source, if you want to roll the dice on some of the discount Auras, you should at the very least perform a qualitative fit test for yourself.

Could also be secondary effects, like the big bulk buyers are getting the short-coded auras and that leaves peoples' usual order pipelines empty so they need to discount to move their inventory

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zantie posted:

Washington State's Respiratory Illness Dashboard.

Positive clinical cases (tests administered at CLIA certified or CLIA waived labs) as reported by healthcare facility.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:
week of:    3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week Wkly Trend	Total
Apr 07            -        -        -      + 683     ↓ 9.8%       683
Mar 31            -        -      720       + 37    ↓ 22.6%       757
Mar 24            -      916       51       + 11    ↓ 18.4%       978
Mar 17        1,100       75       16        + 8    ↓ 17.1%     1,199
Mar 10           54       35       12        + 1    ↓ 12.9%     1,446
Thru 2023        30       20       52       + 14              177,352
Emergency Visits with confirmed COVID-19 in Washington state facilities. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Most recent week of data is incomplete.

Note from state dashboard posted today:

"Due to a processing delay that began on April 5, 2024, some of the emergency department visits and hospitalization data may be incomplete for the most recent week."

pre:
ED Visits      Changes in Recent Counts:
Apr 07            -        -        -      + 250    ↓ 15.5%       250
Mar 31            -        -      257       + 39    ↓ 27.6%       296
Mar 24            -      360       -2       + 51    ↓ 12.4%       409
Mar 17          402       65        -          -    ↓ 16.0%       467
Mar 10           59        -        -          -    ↓ 13.7%       556
Thru 2023        50        -        -          -               60,626

New hospital admissions in Washington state facilities with laboratory confirmed COVID-19 as reported by the state and HHS. Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Most recent week of data is incomplete.

pre:
Hosp. Admissions      Changes in Recent Counts:
Apr 07            -        -        -      + 133          -       133
Mar 31            -        -      159       - 26    ↓ 10.7%       133
Mar 24            -      191      -41        - 1    ↓ 24.4%       149
Mar 17          191        6        -          -     ↑ 2.1%       197
Mar 10          -57        -        -          -    ↓ 15.4%       193
Thru 2023         -        -        -          -               17,781
Total occupied inpatient beds (excludes ICU beds) used in Washington state facilities with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
Beds in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:	
Apr 07            -        -        -      + 693     ↓ 9.2%       693
Mar 31            -        -      763          -    ↓ 16.8%       763
Mar 24            -      917        -          -    ↓ 10.9%       917
Mar 17        1,029        -        -          -     ↓ 7.5%     1,029
Mar 10            -        -        -          -    ↓ 17.6%     1,113
Thru 2023         -        -        -          -              116,081
Total occupied ICU beds used in Washington state facilities with diagnostic codes for COVID-19 (U07.1) and pneumonia due to COVID-19 (J12.82). Numbers are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence.

pre:
ICU in Use      Changes in Recent Counts:	
Apr 07            -        -        -       + 63    ↓ 18.2%        63
Mar 31            -        -       77          -    ↓ 31.3%        77
Mar 24            -      112        -          -    ↑ 23.1%       112
Mar 17           91        -        -          -          -        91
Mar 10            -        -        -          -    ↓ 35.0%        91
Thru 2023         -        -        -          -               13,041
Recent deaths certified/coded as, or referencing to, COVID-19 in WHALES with a corresponding positive lab (including postmortem testing) as reported in WDRS. Most recent two weeks of data are incomplete.

pre:
Deaths    Changes in Recent Counts:
Apr 07            -        -        -          -         -          -
Mar 31            -        -        -       + 17    ↑ 70.0%        17
Mar 24            -        -        2        + 8    ↓ 37.5%        10
Mar 17            -       14        2          -    ↓ 27.3%        16
Mar 10           19        3        -          -    ↑ 15.8%        22
Thru 2023         6        3        1          -                1,937
Notes on Data and Limitations:
  • In this post I provide alternative visualizations for the overall weekly disease activity and reporting on weekly confirmed case positives, emergency department (ED) visits, new hospitalizations, total inpatients/occupied hospital beds, and confirmed deaths. Additionally I provide changes in COVID-19 activity due to backfill.
  • Trends are calculated based on the % change in the totals for the most recent week of data compared to the second most recent. This differs from the state's trend % as they are doing a % change of a % of ED visits and hospitalizations, respectively.
  • Columns with a bright bar are the new additions for this week's report. Darker columns are from previously published weekly reports. An outlined column is where previously established numbers have been reduced with this week's report.
  • These graphs were put together by using a multitude of resources spanning from the Washington State Department of Health all the way to the CDC and HHS. All of these state and federal reports use the standardized Sunday-Saturday 7-day definition.
  • Reinfections are only counted when equal to or greater than 90 days since prior recorded infection unless both samples were sequenced and found to be different subvariants.
  • All numbers except for cases and deaths are a reflection of 'healthcare encounters' and not representative of individuals nor of residence. Totals are extrapolated by applying the state's weekly hospitalizations or ED visit % to the HHS' reporting of hospitalizations and ED visits due to all causes. Beds occupied by COVID-19 is the weekly average multiplied by 7 days, and beds occupied by influenza is from HHS reports.
  • A COVID-19, Influenza, or RSV death is only counted by the state if data is complete (cause of death is attributed to the disease and there is an associated laboratory positive test with no period of complete recovery between illness and death). The only exception is that RSV does not need a test, only that it is indicated as cause on the death certificate.
---
Sources:
always appreciate your posts and i continue to lol at the predictable waves based on holidays/cultural events

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ugh, a friend just posted on social media that someone was filming her on public transport because she was wearing a mask, and fake coughing to try and get a reaction out of her.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

BusError posted:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I'm fine with having the small amount of data I provided to the program fed into good-faith research if that's going to happen, especially if it's a study that's like "hey look how much demand there was when people actually had access, maybe it should be more available" (I know: lmao), but I wasn't able to read between the lines about how it'll be used.

okay yeah i just clicked the link in the Test2Treat e-mail and it removed my data instantly, no additional steps. highly recommend everyone do it.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

The USDA is still refusing to share any genome sequencing from the sick cows with bird flu with any of the other organizations or putting it in public.

I'm sure they have our best interests in mind by concealing it!

spiritual bypass posted:

they don't want to cause a panic bc that would be dangerous, buncha people just panicking everywhere

holy poo poo i just realized

WHEN did people panic

outside of the very brief period where boomers were running around with makeshift or scam PPE products in public, NO one panicked; there was no mass panic to prevent.

panic buying does not count, that's just hustling. but sanitiser and TP are all that people remember as "the panic".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
/r/science headline, from the university itself, no less: Long COVID immune abnormalities largely resolved at 24 months, providing optimism that long COVID symptoms resolve over time

It’s been covered in this thread already.

Meanwhile, in the comments…

quote:

I'm much more concerned about neurological issues than immune. They dont seem to be improving over time the same way a lot of other long covid symptoms do.

quote:

I had a headache everyday for 4 months, it really concerns me.

quote:

Oddly enough, this headline actually undersells the study, which is the opposite of the norm.
What they measured at two years wasn't just the immune symptoms. According to the actual underlying study, the overall self-reported health of the Long Covid sample was statistically indistinguishable from the average population[1].

quote:

My mom got early onset alzheimers from COVID. She's only 50, it's so sad to see, but she has a great partner.

quote:

It made my existing adhd and depression and anxiety and whatnot 10× worse :/

quote:

Im 27 months deep and just starting to slowly feel better after months of pacing, crazy good nutrition, working on the quality and health of my gut biome etc. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

quote:

The title of this post is a little misleading. Long Covid is an umbrella disorder made up of a variety of post-infectious impacts, with some of the most severely debilitating being ME/CFS and POTS. I only skimmed quickly, but this study cast a wide net in defining Long Covid and did not screen for either of these more debilitating outcomes. Given that a large proportion of people with Long Covid meet diagnostic criteria for ME/CFS and recovery rates for the illness are in the teens, it would have been helpful to have more information about who in the umbrella is improving and who is not, especially when that tends to lead to headlines like the above.

quote:

Yeah. It’s a big umbrella with a massive range of severities.

Anecdotal, but I went from being able to walk 7-10 miles a day fairly consistently in late 2019 to now having a slow one-block stroll send my heart rate to cardio ranges, and gradually getting weaker the longer I’m upright, as well as horrid brain fog if I’m not laying down. I’m basically a housebound college dropout now.

It’s wonderful news that some people are recovering, but it’s important that we don’t leave behind the rest of us.

quote:

Just getting worse for my sister- she keeps getting reinfected and had a stroke maybe 2 months ago from it, don’t equate largely with complacency- we have a long way to go.

quote:

Thank you for posting this!

It's a bit disappointing that the so-called "immune dysregulation" it's reporting on is only inflammation biomarkers. That's not what anybody else studying immune dysregulation is talking about : they're discussing things like the loss of Bcl-6+ GC B cells and Bcl-6+ T follicular helper cells, and the downregulation of CD19 expression in B cells. Reduction of inflammation tells us nothing about how immunocompetent those patients are, and that's a very serious aspect of post-acute COVID immune dysregulation. It seems like overstating the findings in a pretty serious and prejudicial way to claim on the basis of mere inflammation reduction that immune dysregulation in long COVID is largely resolved in 24 months.

Edit: I don't mean to be callous about the suffering of long COVID patients, and I'm sure it's good news that inflammation is largely found to remit by 24 months. But COVID being immunocompromising is a matter of profound global public health consequence, and it is shuddersome to consider that misrepresentation of research like this is used in policy debate to suggest that COVID infection is less dangerous to the public than it may well be, as per other research.

quote:

I'm at 16 months and I'm still severely debilitated. My life and my agency within has been destroyed. Wish me luck.

quote:

13 months in. Luckily just a bad cough I guess...my son too...

quote:

A year to go.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 10:02 on Apr 18, 2024

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
You may say your house has collapsed after an earthquake, but we looked and we found an entire standing wall! This marker of structural stability is completely normal.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

/r/science headline, from the university itself, no less: Long COVID immune abnormalities largely resolved at 24 months, providing optimism that long COVID symptoms resolve over time

It’s been covered in this thread already.

Meanwhile, in the comments…

Mrs Parasite got Covid June of 2022 and started showing LC symptoms that September, so we're 2 months or 5 months away from hitting the two year mark depending on how you measure it. Her main symptom is fatigue and she hasn't improved at all. She has learned how to manage it to a degree, but her symptoms persist.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A friend was at a family event, masked, and heard a relative say something about him not eating. "Somebody doesn't like covid :rolleyes:."

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

i'm sure this isn't being scammed and gamed to juice profits

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/23/high-egg-prices-due-to-a-collusive-scheme-by-suppliers-group-claims.html

equally sure it's not part of an ongoing set of scams to juice profits

https://apnews.com/article/egg-producers-price-gouging-lawsuit-conspiracy-8cd455003a3a40bab74d0f046d0f2c9d

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

DickParasite posted:

Mrs Parasite got Covid June of 2022 and started showing LC symptoms that September, so we're 2 months or 5 months away from hitting the two year mark depending on how you measure it. Her main symptom is fatigue and she hasn't improved at all. She has learned how to manage it to a degree, but her symptoms persist.

I am sorry to hear that. Our problems are not as severe but both my wife and I believe we're somehow different in terms of energy level and cognition than prior to our substantial confirmed infection in 11/23, and all subsequent non-COVID illnesses I've had, have come along with an extremely weird, near-disassociative-drug-like state which was a thing I experienced during COVID, and prior to that hadn't experienced since 2001 (after exposure to all the poo poo I got exposed to when I entered college....)

Some stuff has gotten better over the last 5 months, some hasn't. The weirdest thing is a lack of motivation to initiate basic metabolic functions. I have to consciously tell myself to eat, or I just don't do it; I lost >10% of my body weight before I really figured this out, and I am using an expensive scale and calorie counting to slowly try to put it back on.

I'm pretty sure my tinnitus is Just Worse than it was prior.

My sleep is pretty broken now, too: the only nights on here where I wasn't just straight up awake for an extended period in the middle of the night, are nights I took like 200mg of THC tincture before bed. That's probably not a great way to get sleep, it does fucky things to REM

I had biphasic tendencies pre-covid but it all got a lot weirder in November. Sometimes I feel like I'm living through the process in Annihilation and just slowly becoming a covid pustule.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 13:42 on Apr 18, 2024

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I am sorry to hear that. Our problems are not as severe but both my wife and I believe we're somehow different in terms of energy level and cognition than prior to our substantial confirmed infection in 11/23, and all subsequent non-COVID illnesses I've had, have come along with an extremely weird, near-disassociative-drug-like state which was a thing I experienced during COVID, and prior to that hadn't experienced since 2001 (after exposure to all the poo poo I got exposed to when I entered college....)

Some stuff has gotten better over the last 5 months, some hasn't. The weirdest thing is a lack of motivation to initiate basic metabolic functions. I have to consciously tell myself to eat, or I just don't do it; I lost >10% of my body weight before I really figured this out, and I am using an expensive scale and calorie counting to slowly try to put it back on.

I'm pretty sure my tinnitus is Just Worse than it was prior.

My sleep is pretty broken now, too: the only nights on here where I wasn't just straight up awake for an extended period in the middle of the night, are nights I took like 200mg of THC tincture before bed. That's probably not a great way to get sleep, it does fucky things to REM

I had biphasic tendencies pre-covid but it all got a lot weirder in November. Sometimes I feel like I'm living through the process in Annihilation and just slowly becoming a covid pustule.

Sorry to hear that. Mrs P has tried THC gummies for sleeping but and naltrexone for the fatigue. Neither have helped although the gummies have reduced her anxiety.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ugh, a friend just posted on social media that someone was filming her on public transport because she was wearing a mask, and fake coughing to try and get a reaction out of her.

This is a major reason why I don't go to out in public anymore

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
a lot of it is probably down to the demographics/politics of where you live, but after being fake coughed at a couple of times in 2022, it hasn't happened for nearly two years.

obviously those types are still out there, but I think they've mostly realised that they won total victory. so why keep "fighting"

maybe people in shops and restaurants are a bit colder towards me when they see the mask, but it could equally just be that service employment sucks more now, and is more precarious than it was a few years ago. so I don't really take that personally

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I had a single friend whose had children in public schools through all this, who has avoided COVID because he works from home and his kids are in the 3% of the school that has continued to mask through all this.

They just went on a sightseeing trip to another city, and they did indeed follow all the same protocols they have been following since 2020 (and have done several trips like this in that time frame), but none the less they must have hosed up a little bit somewhere along the way this time because they all got hit, 4/4 positives on their 2nd day back.

So -- the last Pureblood Parent in my personal circles, has fallen.Literally the only people I know who have not had COVID are my own, extremely reclusive, aged parents. (Who are currently about to initiate a cross country move to a more densely populated area :smith: )

e: I haven't seen a positive test out of myself since November but I've had some fucky weird things and part of me wonders if I am just getting / have COVID all the loving time now. That kind of thinking is an extremely easy path to paranoia, so, I'm gonna go have another coffee and go turn some cranks for work, I guess.

My overall cardiac health based on the metrics I have doesn't concern me* after ski season except my dead-out max heartrate remains 5% higher than it was a year ago which is not the way you want that to go in your 40s

* "doesn't concern" is relative, I think there's some substantial chance I die an earlier, cardiac related death, as a result of COVID. Possibly as soon as I click post, who knows. Not much point in wondering; we hosed around and we're finding out.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Apr 18, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mola Yam posted:

a lot of it is probably down to the demographics/politics of where you live, but after being fake coughed at a couple of times in 2022, it hasn't happened for nearly two years.

My friend is also a very petite woman with very dark skin, which was no doubt also a factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Indoor Dying posted:

Edit: at this site where such auras are .45 cents each
https://www.coastems.com/products/3m-n95-disposable-particulate-respirator-surgical-mask-flat-folding-box-of-20?variant=42088551186629
you can also buy a convenient pack of friends! Omg EMS training stuff is kind of terrifying lol

How are the straps on the 1870+s? Are they the good kind like the 9210+ or the bad like the 9205+?

edit: It's the bad 9205 kind of straps. Still a hell of a price

dxt has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Apr 18, 2024